Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 5-7/11/21

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How can a team sit back vs Liverpool, then work hard vs Tottenham, then sit back again vs Citeh? No sense of urgency or teamwork from Utd.

An out of his depth manager at this level? With the players he has they should not be so outclassed

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane to Sky Sports on the second goal:

"They’re on the ropes. Stay in the game, like a boxer, stay in the game. Look at Luke Shaw and David de Gea. What chance have you got in this game? I’ve been cursing these fellas for years. I give up, I give up on these players.

"These are international footballers. I can’t understand the defending. I give up. They’ve been like this all season. Unless United do something drastic it’ll be another four or five."

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane to Sky Sports on the second goal:

"They’re on the ropes. Stay in the game, like a boxer, stay in the game. Look at Luke Shaw and David de Gea. What chance have you got in this game? I’ve been cursing these fellas for years. I give up, I give up on these players.

"These are international footballers. I can’t understand the defending. I give up. They’ve been like this all season. Unless United do something drastic it’ll be another four or five."

Sounds like he's given up.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm not watching this game.

Have Sky or BT zoomed in on Taggart yet? He was a dark shade of crimson, chewing on wasps, at the Liverpool 0-5.

Not yet. Maybe he left early.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
United look very ordinary. City not even going for it properly and they're still taking the piss out of United.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
United look very ordinary. City not even going for it properly and they're still taking the piss out of United.

City playing in first gear like that seems more insulting than thrashing them 0-5.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's as one-sided an EPL match as I've seen, a total p-take.

This one can't be put down to spending power, the two most expensive squads in the history of the game, each nearing £1b.

Which Manure player would get into the Citeh starting 11? Not one imho.

Loved the sarcastic "Ollie, Ollie, give us a wave".

Home booing targeted towards - Fred, Rashford, McTominay, Wan-Bissaka.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think what this match proved is that Utd are miles off the top three, so it is now a matter of whether the Utd hierarchy are content with 4th and challenging in the cups. That's never been the Utd way before.

They might get away with it this season but if Conte gets his way in the Jan window Spurs could be back in CL contention next season.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Norwich 1 up against Brentford.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just going back to that Villa game, I haven't seen a worse refereeing performance in YEARS. Absolutely embarrassing incompetence.

I am usually one to defend referees to an extent, they have a difficult job. But he got almost everything wrong and how he missed El Ghazi's determined efforts to get sent off I'll never know. Absolutely shocking.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Brentford losing at home to Norwich. Think the novelty has worn off and they could have a long season on their hands

I think Brentford losing Raya for 5 months is a big blow to them, he commanded that defence and is a superb goalkeeper. I think they'll turn it around, but it'll still be a long enjoyable season for the Bees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here