Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 30/4 - 3/5/21

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Very amusing that Jermaine Jenas, on the preview to Palace v Man City, has just estimated that if Palace sell Zaha this summer, they'll get about £30 million. Given that United would get up to 25% of that, I can only imagine the screams across the living rooms of South London. I've no idea whether his estimate is accurate. I'm just enjoying that he said it.

theboybilly

Very amusing that Jermaine Jenas, on the preview to Palace v Man City, has just estimated that if Palace sell Zaha this summer, they'll get about £30 million. Given that United would get up to 25% of that, I can only imagine the screams across the living rooms of South London. I've no idea whether his estimate is accurate. I'm just enjoying that he said it.

To think he was worth upwards of £200m not so long ago

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To think he was worth upwards of £200m not so long ago

It's going to be an interesting summer. Palace, as is widely documented, badly need to refresh their ageing and stale (but annoyingly efficient) squad. They, like all teams, have suffered financially due to COVID, therefore it's fair to assume they will actually consider selling Tiny Tears this time in order to raise funds to target some new players.

However, nobody else has much money either, and given that he's 30 next year, his value is nowhere near what they once laughably dreamed it might be. It's a buyers market, and there are only a limited number of teams who would actually be interested in TT if the price was right (say £35m).

None of the top six would fancy him as he's not at their standard. The only one you'd imagine he'd even come close to making the first XI in is West Ham. Maybe one of the mid table fodder sides like Everton or Arsenal would take a punt if he was cheap, but then you could argue he might as well stay put . He's not getting Champions League football (his stated aim) with either of those two. I reckon Newcastle might also make a bid: they like to have a laugh with their pretend transfer ambitions now and again, just to convince the adoring Geordie hordes that they really are at the same table as the big boys.

It will be the same as every year, as we all know. TT demands a transfer, Palace demand too much money, nobody bites, TT slinks back in with his tail between his legs and signs a new £150,000 per week five year contract. Repeat in a year's time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
0-2

Two quick goals for Citeh

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Poor old Palace.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Palace had more shots in the first half using their trusted technique of the low block + fast breaks. Thank goodness they have been broken down and are now well on the path to a damn good hiding.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's going to be an interesting summer. Palace, as is widely documented, badly need to refresh their ageing and stale (but annoyingly efficient) squad. They, like all teams, have suffered financially due to COVID, therefore it's fair to assume they will actually consider selling Tiny Tears this time in order to raise funds to target some new players.

However, nobody else has much money either, and given that he's 30 next year, his value is nowhere near what they once laughably dreamed it might be. It's a buyers market, and there are only a limited number of teams who would actually be interested in TT if the price was right (say £35m).

None of the top six would fancy him as he's not at their standard. The only one you'd imagine he'd even come close to making the first XI in is West Ham. Maybe one of the mid table fodder sides like Everton or Arsenal would take a punt if he was cheap, but then you could argue he might as well stay put . He's not getting Champions League football (his stated aim) with either of those two. I reckon Newcastle might also make a bid: they like to have a laugh with their pretend transfer ambitions now and again, just to convince the adoring Geordie hordes that they really are at the same table as the big boys.

It will be the same as every year, as we all know. TT demands a transfer, Palace demand too much money, nobody bites, TT slinks back in with his tail between his legs and signs a new £150,000 per week five year contract, finish 4 places above the Albion scoring at least one goal against us in the process. Repeat in a year's time.

You forgot the all too depressing last bit.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Zaha's body language really is piss poor.

Just watched him amble back from a broken down Palace attack. Held his hands up as if to say to his team mates "why aren't you closing down?" before making an utterly half arsed attempt at closing down himself, watching the ball pass him by and then giving the other Palace players exactly the same gesture twice more.

And once again when one of them didn't get on the end of his crap through ball. He's like the greedy but good kid in your school team: when the ball goes near him he's all over it: busts a gut to get on it. But when the ball's up the other end, he can't be arsed and it's everybody else's job to get it back to him.

He does it all the time these days. Never ever faces any consequences from Roy nor any criticism from their fans, however. Palace's future is clearly Eze, not Tiny Tears. I bet he HATES that.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Then they are morons.

Vardy runs completely normally, to the ball. Vestegaard comes in, off the ground, gets a toe to the ball, then plants his full weight on the side of Vardy’s ankle. It’s pretty much the definition of a dangerous tackle, and it’s pure chance that there was no serious injury.

The concept of a player being absolved of any responsibility for the opponent’s safety, so long as they ‘get the ball’, belongs with dinosaurs like Souness. The pundits last night have embarrassed themselves there.

The officials have also got it wrong, by saying the dismissal is for ‘denying the opportunity’. That plays into the hands of the ‘got the ball’ crowd, and opens up an argument. Lucky for the player though, who avoids the correct 3 match ban.

Fair enough, but I think V did more than get his toe to the ball.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
And now Chelsea can finish the job.

Poor Tammy on the bench again. He knows where he should be. #freetammy

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Havertz

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
We need to go in for Tammy. Criminally underused against woeful Werner, it'll cripple us financially though if we dare make a bid haha!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here