Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 25-27/11/23

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Villa look strong all over the park, they have depth too. Spurs have 11 decent players and no depth. A few injuries and suspensions and the wheels have come off.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
To those going "but what about the FANS?", I say this: what about the fans of the other clubs who didn't cheat by spending beyond their means and were relegated instead of Everton? What about their fans?
I think this is one of the things about the Everton discourse that I find annoying. The idea that they are being punished.

The club is facing the points deduction. If this is considered punishmnt for the fans (because they are the club or because they are affected by the fortunes of the club), then those fans also benefitted from the cheating, and deserve to be punished.

There is also the idea that the fans push owners to spend spend spend. We need this player or that player. We're not happy with that youngster, we need an established 20+ goal a season striker. We need a premier league ready starter over that risky international kiddie. Not every owner will give in to fan pressure, some fan bases are more pragmatic and accepting of limits than others, but Everton fans see their club as one of the big boys because of their tenure in the top division, and there has been pressure to spend from those same fans.

(This isn't meant to absolve owners of responsibility, it is ultimately on them to say yay or nay; it is simply to illustrate that fans play their part, so shouldn't be treated as victims when punishment is due).

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
What a goal from Garnacho! If you haven’t seen it you’ve got to.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Goal of the season done.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Wow! :oops:

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
That’s potentially the best over head kick in football history?? That’s better than Ronaldo’s for Juve and Rooney’s against City imo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here