Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 25-27/11/23

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What an awful day at the office for Sanchez and Cuckoo.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
Two players who played for us - one who was our player of the season, but wanted away to a 'big' club, and one who was doing a great job fr us but fell out with the new manager and left to keep playing football .............and who between them netted us £80 or £90M £pounds...........and you're exhibiting some kind of triumphalism because they lost today? Weird.

Even though they were voted the second best and fourth best players respectively for their team today? So probably not the ones who let their team down then ..............................

We buy cheap or develop and sell on - that is our business model. So these two are part of our success story. Keep up!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Two players who played for us - one who was our player of the season, but wanted away to a 'big' club, and one who was doing a great job fr us but fell out with the new manager and left to keep playing football .............and who between them netted us £80 or £90M £pounds...........and you're exhibiting some kind of triumphalism because they lost today? Weird.

Even though they were voted the second best and fourth best players respectively for their team today? So probably not the ones who let their team down then ..............................

We buy cheap or develop and sell on - that is our business model. So these two are part of our success story. Keep up!

Not necessarily cheap, yes TB’s business model is exemplary.

Chelsea/Sanchez/Cuckoo mishaps are enjoyable, a horrible club and fanbase, and two players who went about leaving in a disrespectful way. You’re also forgetting schadenfreude, football as far back as can I recall (70’s) always had a huge heap of reveling in setbacks for clubs and players not liked. Those three tick those boxes for me. Cuckoo was only with us 5 minutes before jumping ship, but before that he certainly wasn’t my POTS … what’s that got to do with it anyway?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
First game on MoTD - Luton v Palace????!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not necessarily cheap, yes TB’s business model is exemplary.

Chelsea/Sanchez/Cuckoo mishaps are enjoyable, a horrible club and fanbase, and two players who went about leaving in a disrespectful way. You’re also forgetting schadenfreude, football as far back as can I recall (70’s) always had a huge heap of reveling in setbacks for clubs and players not liked. Those three tick those boxes for me. Cuckoo was only with us 5 minutes before jumping ship, but before that he certainly wasn’t my POTS … what’s that got to do with it anyway?
Cucu's leaving was not great (but very lucrative!). Sanchez was a falling out with de Zerbi and the new GK coach, Ricardo something. I know de Zerbi is god and can do no wrong, but the falling out wasn't all one-sided, and Sanchez had to leave a club where the manager didn't want him to get first team football.
It's a shame that they - and Caicedo, and Colwill who preferred to remain on their books - went to a shite club that I would love to see relegated. I can hate Chelsea quite easily though - but without the need to vilify players who did a very good job playing for us, and earned us a considerable wedge when they departed.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
First game on MoTD - Luton v Palace????!
The whole scheduling seems to be bizarre. Why on earth is Burnley v West Ham ahead of our game?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Oh- not last then.

Still a bizarre running order!
Seems completely random. Kinda understand Luton (although it wasn't even their first win and they were playng an average team), but I can't think of any reason whatsoever why Burnley v West Ham would be ahead of our game.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Brighton the entertainers

Shearer singing our praises with some analysis of the Pedro header and the quick transition from defence.

"They were back to their best today. It was a really good performance, full of confidence."

"Look at how many players are prepared to get into the box trying to score goals."

"It was wonderful to watch. You can see what it means to him (RDZ)."

Well done MOTD.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Seems completely random. Kinda understand Luton (although it wasn't even their first win and they were playng an average team), but I can't think of any reason whatsoever why Burnley v West Ham would be ahead of our game.
Or ahead of any of the other games - looking at the scores in and/or implications of other results you'd have thought Burnley West ham would've been a shoo-in for last!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Or ahead of any of the other games - looking at the scores in and/or implications of other results you'd have thought Burnley West ham would've been a shoo-in

Or ahead of any of the other games - looking at the scores in and/or implications of other results you'd have thought Burnley West ham would've been a shoo-in for last!
Can only assume that someone who works there is under the misapprehension that West Ham are a big club.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Cooper was quite critical of the ref yesterday…will he get the same publicity as RDZ pre international break…doubt it but even so……..obvs doing a good job at Forest, but then they have signed a million players ….he can come across as though he has a chip on his shoulder imo

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So, what's on our wish list for today? A win or a draw for Everton please - keeps us in 7th. place. Spurs vs. Villa? - not so sure - probably a draw would be best for us, as it would keep them both within touching distance.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
So, what's on our wish list for today? A win or a draw for Everton please - keeps us in 7th. place. Spurs vs. Villa? - not so sure - probably a draw would be best for us, as it would keep them both within touching distance.
I agree but its one of those Sundays when you want four defeats because of the teams playing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here