Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 11-13/12

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
If the penalty is scored, then encroachment by either team is not considered a factor.

It would only come into play if the ball was tucked away on the rebound, or if an encroaching defender cleared it.

Thanks. Wasn't my understanding of the law, but maybe a practical application? But that's the ridiculous thing isn't it. We're stuck here with VAR being used to determine whether a toenail is offside, so applying the letter of the law precisely - yet they're happy to let an offence go because there is an 'understanding' that it doesn't matter. No wonder we're puzzled.

The law - https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick
The application - https://www.refchat.co.uk/threads/penalty-encroachment-in-the-football-league.14354/

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m confused. When is Leeds’ charge into Europe starting?

The way pundits talk about them, I assumed they were already firmly ensconced in the top 6. You can imagine my shock when I saw the table just now.

Equally when's the Albion's charge to midtable going to begin?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m confused. When is Leeds’ charge into Europe starting?

The way pundits talk about them, I assumed they were already firmly ensconced in the top 6. You can imagine my shock when I saw the table just now.

Not just pundits, folk HERE were chastising how great Leeds were, how they’d embarrass us and be a force in this league under Bielsa.

I predicted at the start of the season there’s a chance of #bielsaout becoming a thing if the pressure goes on. I still think they’ll be in a relegation battle. Let’s see what happens.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
They’ve had a few injuries in defence, including Pound-shop Ben White being out Injured until mid March apparently. They could be in trouble if their season takes its usual trajectory with their shallow squad of players getting burnt out from playing high-energy press every week.

Huddersfield mk2.
High intensity pressing is fine if you have a squad like Liverpool, it also helps if you have a plan b. The greatest manager in the world appears to have neither.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
#Bielsaout trending on twitter. Fickle lot [emoji23][emoji23]

Would love to see what WACCOE makes of it but I’m blocked [emoji23][emoji23]

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Leeds defending of corners looked worse then ours. WH 2nd goal. All Leeds defenders on far post went to the centre leaving scorer free

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Huddersfield mk2.
High intensity pressing is fine if you have a squad like Liverpool, it also helps if you have a plan b. The greatest manager in the world appears to have neither.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He does have a Plan B it was explained by a 'talkhead' Leeds pundit on the wireless:-

'If Plan A isn't working.
Work harder to make Plan A work'.

As you say Greatest Manager of a Generation.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
#Bielsaout trending on twitter. Fickle lot [emoji23][emoji23]

Would love to see what WACCOE makes of it but I’m blocked [emoji23][emoji23]

Oh wow, it really is. I thought it might happen eventually, but too soon now.

Nope. Their Bielsa god is no longer their hero. Hilarious [emoji38]

[tweet]1337513217971589121[/tweet]

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Oh wow, it really is. I thought it might happen eventually, but too soon now.

Nope. Their Bielsa god is no longer their hero. Hilarious [emoji38]

[tweet]1337513217971589121[/tweet]

It's almost a shame that the plankton-botherer isn't around to comment*

*ok, maybe not

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Leeds have done brilliantly this season, given where they have come from. Unbelievable that some of their fans want him out.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I wander how they will finish in the league compared to us?

I think Leeds will be in for the relegation battle, like a lot of the teams in the bottom half. Their fans are probably now starting to realise this.

Who finishes higher? Who knows. Difference is I think our fanbase (mostly) has a more realistic perspective. We’re expecting to be bottom half and to have the threat of relegation*. Whereas some Leeds fans genuinely thought they’d be top 7.

* Note: for those who don’t realise, top 10 is a long term goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here