Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prem manager for Southampton?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
3 games to save his job apparently, and next up is Chelsea. I wouldn't want to work for Gold or Sullivan though personally, they must be a nightmare.

That's the only saving grace that we didn't get permission for Falmer earlier.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
3 games to save his job apparently, and next up is Chelsea. I wouldn't want to work for Gold or Sullivan though personally, they must be a nightmare.

That can't be right - he's only been in charge for 3 games. Even by modern standards, 6 games is a ludicrous amount of time.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
point of order: it is Southampton, not the Guardian, making the claim. given the timing and manner of the Pardew sacking, im inclinded to think its bollocks to make them look good. Alot seem to be going with the idea of Holloway, but i just cant see ANY manager dropping two leagues.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A Southampton Fan said:
Fair play Rochdale and hope you enjoyed the day.

A Scunthorpe Fan said:
Nice bit of Arrogance there...

Another Southampton Fan said:
I normally cringe at the arrogance at some of our fans but let's be honest, what was it - 6 years ago? We were top half of the Prem and they were in non-league. It's a hell of a switch around.

:facepalm: The arrogance continues to spread..!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They were touting Shearer the other day. I supposed technically he has been a Premier League manager, albeit a particularly crap one. Can't see him jacking in a cushy BBC job and an easy life in the North East for third division football though, or perhaps more pertinently, putting his reputation on the line either.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
PS did Southampton say which Premier League?

The Northern Counties, or the Latvian premier leagues perhaps?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
It could all go horribly wrong if they appoint Adkins. I get the impression that he's good at managing a team of players he knows, and with very little money. I don't know how he'll do with a team of strangers (some even to their own teammates) and lots of money to spend. He could be another £10M down before they find out - I do hope so.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Southampton-006.jpg

quality picture

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would LOVE IT to be Shearer. He's CLUELESS. Please, please, please let it happen.

But, it could well be Grant - after all, his favourite BROTHEL is in the Southampton area...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here