Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prem manager for Southampton?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
According to the Guardian, a serving Premier League manager is one of the applicants for the Southampton manager's job.
Southampton fans already fearful of another wasted season | Football | The Guardian

Who the hell could that be: Grant? (he's only been there five minutes) Pulis? (unlikely I'd have thought) Holloway? (he must be enjoying the ride). I can't think of any plausible candidates
It HAS to be one of those three.

Almost certainly Holloway, but I doubt he'd walk away from Blackpool to a division 3 club who might just fire him 6 months later anyway.

Sep 1, 2010
Ian Holloway seems a little fed up with his money contraints so is maybe wanting away, he has experience in lower leagues and will have a decent budget with a nice stadium, i would think it may well be him.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Everything I've read about Villa is that they want McDonald to stay on in someway, as everyone at the club appreciates his coaching skills.

What about Roberto Martinez? There's rumours about him getting the boot, so maybe he's trying to line up an immediate replacement job. Would probably suit someone like Southampton as well.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Everything I've read about Villa is that they want McDonald to stay on in someway, as everyone at the club appreciates his coaching skills.

What about Roberto Martinez? There's rumours about him getting the boot, so maybe he's trying to line up an immediate replacement job. Would probably suit someone like Southampton as well.

I thought Dave Whelan (Wigan Owner) said that if Martinez went then so would he? Doesn't sound like he's being lined up for the sack to me.

Edit: Here it is Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Whelan in Latics quit threat

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Pulis still lives near Bournemouth, ever since he was manager there.

Maybe he's realised Stoke's Premiershite time is up and he's hacked off with having to go to Stoke every day. Understandable.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes, as he's a current manager (but probably won't be by the end of the week) he must be a good bet.

Surely not. Probably by his own admission Kevin McDonald is a great coach or assistant manager, but not a manager in his own right, not yet anyway.

l think it has to be Ian Holloway, loads of experience at this level, and apart from Blackpool and Leicester, dont think he has managed a club north of the M25, Blackpool must be positively nose-bleed territory for him.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Isn't Avram Grant touted as ALREADY only having a couple of games to save his job.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Martinez?

Can't be far off being sacked by Wigan.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Cant beleive Holloway would walk out to be honest, no one is going to give up what maybe there one shot to manage in the prem to go to Soton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here