Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] PPE contracts

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
There is a suggestion that her leave of absence might not be accepted as it would prevent any investigation by the HoL into her financial affairs.
On Newsnight, the former ethics advisor (or similar) of the HoL "didn't know" whether Mone having it on her toes would prevent any investigation! If it works, and she avoids investigation and sanction, we are going to see a lot more Tories "taking a break". That is a very long list posted by WatfordZero @ #62 above.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The whole MP expenses scandal of a few years ago is going to seem incredibly trivial when this whole thing is fully exposed
Indeed - In fact it always was somewhat trivial in the scheme of things, or actually quite pathetic, claiming for a duck house island etc. Probably cost a few million top though obviously the principle is important. The Tory's fraud enabling 'fast lane' will have cost billions to the country. Lying, cheating, hypocritical barstewards.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
On Newsnight, the former ethics advisor (or similar) of the HoL "didn't know" whether Mone having it on her toes would prevent any investigation! If it works, and she avoids investigation and sanction, we are going to see a lot more Tories "taking a break". That is a very long list posted by WatfordZero @ #62 above.
I suspect that is a severely abridged list given that I found those names in a couple of minutes :nono:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nothing short of racketeering with government ministers complicit.
That's just the PPE. Add in consultation fees to ? for a Garden Bridge, water cannon, bridge and tunnel to Ireland, royal yacht (which was turned down by HMQ) The Oneweb satellite firm and the failed Unboxed festival. At least £770 million gone to who knows who, or who knows where.
Britain was being asset stripped in full view.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
That's just the PPE. Add in consultation fees to ? for a Garden Bridge, water cannon, bridge and tunnel to Ireland, royal yacht (which was turned down by HMQ) The Oneweb satellite firm and the failed Unboxed festival. At least £770 million gone to who knows who, or who knows where.

Today we see an announcement that the Tories want to 'turbo-charge' NHS' use of the private sector. Their cronies will be running their hands together in excitement, what could possibly go wrong?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Today we see an announcement that the Tories want to 'turbo-charge' NHS' use of the private sector. Their cronies will be running their hands together in excitement, what could possibly go wrong?
Cue all those who have shares in insurance companies.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

I'm of the opinion that Hanlon's Razor applies to most of those, though: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

I believe they truly were vanity projects gone (obviously, to anyone with sense) wrong. The PPE allocation is different - it seems to have been clearly done on a fraudulent basis.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
i’m not disputing any of what you say at all. My point was more name me a party who on thorough examination won’t have a single MP who isn’t tainted in some degree, no matter how minor. I very much doubt that there is/could be one. That’s the sadness, because of what could come to light they would make sure the torch had no batteries
so an enquirery would be pointless you say?

don't prosecute any villans cos some of the cops maybe corrupt, would that make sense?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
oh I’m certainly not trying to deflect blame from this bunch we are currently saddled with what so ever, so I don’t need it to ‘wash anything’ The point I was making is that an in depth no holds barred investigation kicking up the leaves, turning every stone, shining the brightest of lights on the whole shady issue is most likely a pipe dream as whoever would be investigating would be shit scared of uncovering unpleasantries that taint more that the intended targets.
when you use the term, "intended targets", do you mean "guilty"?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm of the opinion that Hanlon's Razor applies to most of those, though: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

I believe they truly were vanity projects gone (obviously, to anyone with sense) wrong. The PPE allocation is different - it seems to have been clearly done on a fraudulent basis.
They were never viable, but you can pay cronies, sorry, consultants, fees to look into the feasibility.

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
It could go very well for some. Just not for patients or the majority working in the NHS.
I’m sure the emails are flying around already, getting their noses in line for a turn at the trough.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
this alone should ensure no one ever votes tory again. Let alone the rest of the sh1t show

Shame on anyone who does
millions will! for me, this is the oddest part of the whole, tory, omnishambles clusterfuk.

millions will actually vote for more mass corruption! easy to see how straightforward it is to get simpletons to vote against their own finacial interests; well, like brexit

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Apparently Mone has now had the Tory whip removed. At PMQs Starmer asked slippery Sunak how much of the PPE money that ended up in Mone's bank account would be recovered. Typically, the PM just went banging on about something else and didn't give an answer. :shrug:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
If Mone needs a solicitor I believe Trump can recommend a few

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
millions will! for me, this is the oddest part of the whole, tory, omnishambles clusterfuk.

millions will actually vote for more mass corruption! easy to see how straightforward it is to get simpletons to vote against their own finacial interests; well, like brexit
Too right, this won't even register with some of them. They are far more concerned with those nasty 'communist' striking rail workers

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
so an enquirery would be pointless you say?

don't prosecute any villans cos some of the cops maybe corrupt, would that make sense?
No not at all, should hound down and punish every person who has benefited in a corrupt way.
What I was driving at is who could be appointed to the role that is guaranteed to be 100% squeaky clean along with what every party/organisation etc etc that they represent.

Enquiries, pointless? well no, but bloody hard to ensure it’s as in depth, nothing left hiding or undisclosed or biased.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here