Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] PPE contracts

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
he couldn't hedge against rates as suggested. dropping £900bn of debt on the market would raise borrowing rates a great deal, and screws up the rest of the bond market. hence why no other country did anything similar. it was a fringe idea by a lone acedemic.
There are many ways to hedge against a rise in interest rates all of which can be found online.

The Grauniad (via The National Institute of Economic and Social Research) also found Sunak culpable for failing to insure the risk

As did the FT

I stand by my comment: "Sunak is an idiot" and has cost this country billions.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
There are many ways to hedge against a rise in interest rates all of which can be found online.

The Grauniad (via The National Institute of Economic and Social Research) also found Sunak culpable for failing to insure the risk

As did the FT

i’ll put you down as being a little on the fence about him then 😂😂

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

As did the FT

its all the same source, the chap leading NIESR for some time has said we are doing Quantitive Easing wrong and it should be rolled over with lower interest rates. its a nice idea, the key point to stress here is no other country or central bank has done this, because others say it would be a very bad idea overall. if Sunak had tried, and failed, he'd probably have collapsed the bond market.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here