Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] PPE contracts

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
when you use the term, "intended targets", do you mean "guilty"?
intended targets should be any and every person/company who is suspected of being involved. I don’t for a moment advocate anyone getting off their actions and deeds. Guilty? well only the full legal process could determine guilt or innocence.

Go after them all is what I say, but sadly i’ve become so cynical of the old boys clubs ensuring their own are always looked after.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
No not at all, should hound down and punish every person who has benefited in a corrupt way.
What I was driving at is who could be appointed to the role that is guaranteed to be 100% squeaky clean along with what every party/organisation etc etc that they represent.

Enquiries, pointless? well no, but bloody hard to ensure it’s as in depth, nothing left hiding or undisclosed or biased.
is jesus available? we'll just have to make the best of a bad job

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
intended targets should be any and every person/company who is suspected of being involved. I don’t for a moment advocate anyone getting off their actions and deeds. Guilty? well only the full legal process could determine guilt or innocence.

Go after them all is what I say, but sadly i’ve become so cynical of the old boys clubs ensuring their own are always looked after.
unfortunately you're right, the tories have been getting away with this shtick for over two hundred years!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its over 2 years since the Good Law Project exposed the PPE scandal, its taken a long time for this shitshow to hit the mainsteam

£4BN was awarded via the government's VIP lane, a lot more to come

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well let's see who has been named as being involved in the PPE fast track program (which, incidentally, has since been found to be unlawful) so far ?

Lord Agnew
Brooks Newmark
Lord Feldman
Lord Chadlington
Matt Hancock
Julian Lewis
Andrew Percy
Steve Brine
Esther McVey
Lord Deighton
Baroness Mone
Dominic Cummings
Grant Shapps
David Meller
Michael Gove
Julia Lopez
Andrew Feldman
Penny Maudant

Yep, Lords, Ministers, SPADs and donors from all parties across the political spectrum .......... oh, hang on a minute, they all appear to be from a single party. That can't be right, can it ???

No ‘VIP lane’ existed for PPE, says Conservative former minister​

A Tory ex-Treasury minister has denied the existence of a so-called VIP lane over personal protective equipment (PPE) as the Government scrambled to find sufficient kit in the early days of the Covid-19 pandemic. The idea of there existing a VIP lane is “misconstrued”, Lord Agnew told BBC Newsnight.

Lord Agnew resigned in January this year from his ministerial posts over what he described at the time as the “schoolboy” handling of fraudulent Covid-19 business loans.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...pc=U591&cvid=42f5e82b2ac448a88c2f5a689be7414b

Well fancy that :rolleyes:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

No ‘VIP lane’ existed for PPE, says Conservative former minister​

A Tory ex-Treasury minister has denied the existence of a so-called VIP lane over personal protective equipment (PPE) as the Government scrambled to find sufficient kit in the early days of the Covid-19 pandemic. The idea of there existing a VIP lane is “misconstrued”, Lord Agnew told BBC Newsnight.

Lord Agnew resigned in January this year from his ministerial posts over what he described at the time as the “schoolboy” handling of fraudulent Covid-19 business loans.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...pc=U591&cvid=42f5e82b2ac448a88c2f5a689be7414b

Well fancy that :rolleyes:
Looking us, confidently, in the eye and firmly stating that an obvious truth is in fact 'more complicated than that' (etc,.) has become a cliche on the blue side of the political divide. It's positively Johnsonian (if he is to have a legacy, let it be this).

Just remember we have the fastest growth in Europe because of Brexit, the lowest unemployment and more freedom.
By going on strike, after turning down record pay offers from employers, workers are doing the work of Putin.
Under Jeremy Corbyn we would have had no PPE because he would have given away all our money to illegal immigrants.
You may say that up is up, and down is down, but that is not my understanding of how things work in the real world.

(I can think of the names of one or two regular poster, doubtless complimented by many more of the silent NSC lurkers, all nodding in agreement with the four statements, above, sadly).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Surprised POTG hasn’t started a thread about this to be honest ?

Also suggestion that Mone and her husband flew out of Farnborough today to Honduras today. Coincidentally there is no extradition agreement between Honduras & the UK

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Also suggestion that Mone and her husband flew out of Farnborough today to Honduras today. Coincidentally there is no extradition agreement between Honduras & the UK
Pure coincidence

Honduras is a popular Christmas destination 🙄

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Pretty comprehensive article in todays Guardian. So many people in the supply chain taking their cut, and that’s before you get into the Chinese supply chain.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Looking us, confidently, in the eye and firmly stating that an obvious truth is in fact 'more complicated than that' (etc,.) has become a cliche on the blue side of the political divide. It's positively Johnsonian (if he is to have a legacy, let it be this).

Just remember we have the fastest growth in Europe because of Brexit, the lowest unemployment and more freedom.
By going on strike, after turning down record pay offers from employers, workers are doing the work of Putin.
Under Jeremy Corbyn we would have had no PPE because he would have given away all our money to illegal immigrants.
You may say that up is up, and down is down, but that is not my understanding of how things work in the real world.

(I can think of the names of one or two regular poster, doubtless complimented by many more of the silent NSC lurkers, all nodding in agreement with the four statements, above, sadly).
Looks like were at stage 2:
- It didn't happen
- It is too complicated to explain, but trust us, it's fine
- Ok it did happen but actually that's good and was the right thing to do
- Labour were doing it worse
- It happened and it was wrong, and we apologise, and we consider the matter closed.
- Hey look, there's an immigrant over there who wants to take all your money and use it to set fire to the Union Jack

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
i’m not disputing any of what you say at all. My point was more name me a party who on thorough examination won’t have a single MP who isn’t tainted in some degree, no matter how minor. I very much doubt that there is/could be one. That’s the sadness, because of what could come to light they would make sure the torch had no batteries
they don't have to be squeaky clean you just need a party who are distanced enough from the profit making that went on.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

That report is absolutely damning with I note, our old friend Lord Agnew popping up yet again. And Rishi Sunak is “absolutely shocked” by the revelations even though he was in the second most senior post in Government throughout all of this.

But the most damning thing in all of this, is that anybody who has taken the slightest notice of this cabal's last three years in Government has no basis whatsoever to claim any sort of surprise at what these ****s were doing whilst people were dying :rant:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I’ve not followed this until now.

Crikey, Mone and her husband are immoral, greedy creatures. OUR money spirited away.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ernment-issues-breach-of-contract-proceedings

I desperately hope that the money is recovered and that they are destroyed one way or another.
and IF they are guilty they both serve prison sentences along with any others doing the same. I assume members of the House of Lords are considered in a public office.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
That's the sort of reporting that's useful and factual. On the "Tory meltdown" thread there's just a load of rumour and speculation, but this is the sort of thing that we can get our teeth into.

If that report is correct then she's clearly a crook and should be sent into jail and bankruptcy. As for the ministers who didn't do the due diligence and research who was behind this company, and who didn't go through the proper (slow) procurement programme - that was always going to happen. We could have PPE quickly and expensively and with some of it faulty, or we could have it slowly or not at all via the usual channels. There were bound to be mistakes by the government and loopholes you could drive a bus through.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
That's the sort of reporting that's useful and factual. On the "Tory meltdown" thread there's just a load of rumour and speculation, but this is the sort of thing that we can get our teeth into.

If that report is correct then she's clearly a crook and should be sent into jail and bankruptcy. As for the ministers who didn't do the due diligence and research who was behind this company, and who didn't go through the proper (slow) procurement programme - that was always going to happen. We could have PPE quickly and expensively and with some of it faulty, or we could have it slowly or not at all via the usual channels. There were bound to be mistakes by the government and loopholes you could drive a bus through.

They could have at least responded to numerous entreatments from established PPE providers with established supply chains.

I'm going to make an assumption here that the CEO of this company isn't a Tory donor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here