Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's "brilliant contacts"

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Poyet is an absolute joke as far as I'm concerned in the transfer market. Other aspects of him I like and respect, but so far in terms of players signed he's been a calamity. I'm not sure what's worse - the fact we've hardly signed anyone or that those we have signed are either shite or mediocre. Carole? Someone from Cambridge? El Abd on a new deal? No midfielder at all? The man's a f***ing idiot in that respect, and my prediction for us to go down is looking better than ever.

How do you know "someone from Cambridge" wont be an excellent signing for us?

It's not years of bad managers at Withdean, it's years of shitty moaning supporters. Get behind the team and manager, we have one of the most highly rated young coaches, who will come good in management unless idiots start to try and edge him out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As pointed out we can still get loans...maybe no one wanted to sign for us permanantly. Probably Kaka and Ronaldo didnt fancy a relegation dogfight at a shit stadium.

Gus has said a few times that he doesnt like doing business in the Jan window and he also made noises about generally only wanting to sign players until the end of the season.

My prediction is Gus will buy/loan enough quality to keep us up and make the wholesale changes in the summer.

I'm also confident we will stay up.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I agree with much of that, but didn't you decide that Poyet was not the manto take us forward when he signed Brezovan?

:lolol: Yes, yes I did. :facepalm: And I would rather we signed noone than someone who isn't good enough for an ambitious league 1 team, in my opinion.
But I don't have to think he's the right man to take us forward to think he wasn't neccessarily wrong to not go out and splash daft money on daft players if he didn't think the right ones were available, or for the right deal at this time for the club.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Taking a positive from the transfer window, this must be the first evening of the last day of the window for half a dozen years when NSC didn't crash for 12 hours and we had to migrate en masse to brightonfans.com to find out who was in and who was out :thumbsup:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Gus has said a few times that he doesnt like doing business in the Jan window and he also made noises about generally only wanting to sign players until the end of the season.

Exactly. Don't know why everyone's shitting themselves. I, and obviously Gus feel that we've got enough to stay up, then review in the summer, when he can get the players he wants, as other clubs are more willing to sell then.
These players, who have been signed until the end of the season Gus may not feel are good enough to play in an ambitious team, but this season they will be, because it's all about staying up, and if these players do make an impact, they can get a longer contract. Win/win really.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Poyet is an absolute joke as far as I'm concerned in the transfer market. Other aspects of him I like and respect, but so far in terms of players signed he's been a calamity. I'm not sure what's worse - the fact we've hardly signed anyone or that those we have signed are either shite or mediocre. Carole? Someone from Cambridge? El Abd on a new deal? No midfielder at all? The man's a f***ing idiot in that respect, and my prediction for us to go down is looking better than ever.

Oh god will you and WW moaning little boys please just shut up. You have both made it perfectly clear you hate Brighton and are just typical childish gloryhunters (love Man U/Federer and anybody else currently winning). You both need to get laid or something, if fact lets all have a whip round. Everything you both post is just predictable and plain boring now :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
we've lost twice in seven games (one of those was villa), the team are clearly improving from the shambles slade left, davies and mclard have been shipped out, and we've signed 4 new players in the transfer window.

what on earth did you expect from gus after 4 months of his tenure? he's getting the majority of things right, give the bloke a chance.

in gus we trust

Exactly :thumbsup:

Jimmy Grimble

Out of interest where has the quote "brilliant contacts" taken from? Has anyone actually said it?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
turd.png

A genuine question for both of you. Why the f***ing hell do either of you even bother supporting Brighton?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
It's quite funny reading this thread.

I think too many people play CHampionship Manager, and think signing players is as easy in real life as it is on that.

Coppell turned us down when we sacked Slade, because there was no money to spend. Bloom thinks the squad is good enough for this season, and won't dig deeper. That's why we've not been able to attract players.

What's Gus meant to say to better players. Please drop down to a third tier relagation battle, but we can't pay you what you're on now!

The only chance we have of getting better players, is to stay in this division, release everyone out of contract, make a big name signing in May, and show our intent on going up early on. That way other players may sign. Otherwise we will be left with scraps again.

But all the dickheads on here having a go at Poyet, really are the scum of these message boards. For fucks sake, get real. We have been a bottom two division side for the past 15 years now. We had a brief moment of glory, but where we are at the moment, is probably about right for us.

Next season was always going to be the season "the sleeping giant" begins to stir, so the best thing all the whingers can do, is f*** off until then, and let the real supporters get behind the team and try and help keep us up. Why do you think we're shit at home and better away. Maybe it something to do with a shit home support (not everyone but I think you know what I mean) and a much better/happier away support.

If all you can do is bitch and moan, why the f*** pay £25 a game to watch a shit side. Are you f***ing mental or something? Save your pennies and get a ticket when Falmer opens. If not become Brighton Supporters. Look up the word support, and try and support the club in what hopefully will be the last shit season we have to put up with!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
A genuine question for both of you. Why the f***ing hell do either of you even bother supporting Brighton?
Why they bother? It's because people like you bite.You must know this raises there little ego's.
They are both pricks so ignore them.Don't reply.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It's quite funny reading this thread.

I think too many people play CHampionship Manager, and think signing players is as easy in real life as it is on that.

Coppell turned us down when we sacked Slade, because there was no money to spend. Bloom thinks the squad is good enough for this season, and won't dig deeper. That's why we've not been able to attract players.

What's Gus meant to say to better players. Please drop down to a third tier relagation battle, but we can't pay you what you're on now!

The only chance we have of getting better players, is to stay in this division, release everyone out of contract, make a big name signing in May, and show our intent on going up early on. That way other players may sign. Otherwise we will be left with scraps again.

But all the dickheads on here having a go at Poyet, really are the scum of these message boards. For fucks sake, get real. We have been a bottom two division side for the past 15 years now. We had a brief moment of glory, but where we are at the moment, is probably about right for us.

Next season was always going to be the season "the sleeping giant" begins to stir, so the best thing all the whingers can do, is f*** off until then, and let the real supporters get behind the team and try and help keep us up. Why do you think we're shit at home and better away. Maybe it something to do with a shit home support (not everyone but I think you know what I mean) and a much better/happier away support.

If all you can do is bitch and moan, why the f*** pay £25 a game to watch a shit side. Are you f***ing mental or something? Save your pennies and get a ticket when Falmer opens. If not become Brighton Supporters. Look up the word support, and try and support the club in what hopefully will be the last shit season we have to put up with!
You are one of the better posters on here.I never think twice about reading your posts.Top work fella.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Lets look at the positive here. it could be a whole lot worse... like some teams have had to sell their best player(s) in this window to survive... at least our squad hasn't got worse in this window - and from the looks of things it has got a little better...

We could have lost Murray or Bennett which would have seriously impacted the squad, and our chances of survival.

Chin up people, all we need to do is survive and wait for the summer - as many people have said, Bloom made a point of saying he doesnt like doing business in January (because he is in oz ;))... so what did we expect?

Anyone criticising Bloom needs to go get a life... for the obvious reason of the stadium and also because no other teams want to do business in Jan either, so are not going to sell their players... look at Mick McCarthy - he was whinging about no one accepting bids for players even though he went in over the odds (5 mil for Hunt lol) - so it might not be because Poyet couldnt find the players, or Bloom didnt get his chequebook out - it may actually be that the players who Poyet wanted and who will actually IMPROVE the squad aren't available, and therefore he didnt just sign anyone to appease us lot.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I bet in the REAL WORLD where it matters both of us go to a lot more games and give BHAFC a lot more support than you or most other people on here. It doesn't mean the club isn't failing big time though.

Oh yeah, I forgot you know everything about me and what games I go to. I have

actually f*** it, I can't be bothered. Go boil your head.

Night night everyone.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I bet in the REAL WORLD where it matters both of us go to a lot more games and give BHAFC a lot more support than you or most other people on here. It doesn't mean the club isn't failing big time though.
Support. f***ing support. Don't make me laugh. You wouldn't know the meaning of support if it jumped up and bit you on the arse.

You're a pair of silly little boys. f***ing whiners of the highest order. We win a game, everythings brilliant, we lose a game, everyone at the clubs a ****.

The team don't need "supporters" like you at the moment. What it needs is a ground full of people cheering them on, and getting behind them, not a bunch of overweight little boys and old men shouting abuse at every misplaced pass.

In the REAL WORLD I think you'd be much better support for the club if you f***ed off for a couple of years.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Support. f***ing support. Don't make me laugh. You wouldn't know the meaning of support if it jumped up and bit you on the arse.

You're a pair of silly little boys. f***ing whiners of the highest order. We win a game, everythings brilliant, we lose a game, everyone at the clubs a ****.

The team don't need "supporters" like you at the moment. What it needs is a ground full of people cheering them on, and getting behind them, not a bunch of overweight little boys and old men shouting abuse at every misplaced pass.

In the REAL WORLD I think you'd be much better support for the club if you f***ed off for a couple of years.

My thoughts exactly. You can clock up all the miles you want, collect all the tickets stubs you want, but nothing will stop you two from being gormless little dweebs who are products of a Championship Manager generation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here