Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet REJECTS offer to quit the Albion

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Why all the hate towards Poyet? How is this his fault and/or problem? Take away your feelings for the club and look at it from a neutral point of view.

The club have been unable to find something on Poyet (as you would imagine by making an offer) that would breach of contract and therefore dismissal. That is the clubs problem and someone, be that bloom, barber, hr or legal has questions to answer. Poyet is well within his rights to say you want rid of me then pay me the correct amount.

If you had a contract which stated that your employer would pay you x amount if they get rid of you (and the same if you quit) then why would you accept y amount when you have (seemingly) done nothing wrong.

Agree 100 %
It seems the investigation hasn't found anything on Poyet , so now they are trying to reach a financial compromise with him.
If the compensation package to another club was around £2 mill, he's probably looking at that in severance.
Legally, if he's done no wrong, he's contractually entitled to it.
Financially, it's going to be a big hit for TB.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
I know you'll never see it BUT what if the shoddy treatment was the other way round ? Wouldn't you hold out for the biggest payment possible ?

quite - I for one will be absolutely outraged if it turns out to be 'the club' which has treated Gus shoddily !! Besides which there would very obviously be some extremely serious questions which will need answers. Fingers really firmly crossed that this ****** mess can be resolved SOON !

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Why all the hate towards Poyet? How is this his fault and/or problem? Take away your feelings for the club and look at it from a neutral point of view.

The club have been unable to find something on Poyet (as you would imagine by making an offer) that would breach of contract and therefore dismissal. That is the clubs problem and someone, be that bloom, barber, hr or legal has questions to answer. Poyet is well within his rights to say you want rid of me then pay me the correct amount.

If you had a contract which stated that your employer would pay you x amount if they get rid of you (and the same if you quit) then why would you accept y amount when you have (seemingly) done nothing wrong.

very plausible it could well be something on these lines
the club really have ***ed up here and probably put the whole scheme back years
and there I was thinking the two"B's" were the dream team

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Who was it yesterday who said NSC was boring?!

This thread could get quite entertaining - I am guessing it will be locked/deleted by 10:30 gmt!

Spring forward, fall back.... dammit, does that mean we've got 2 hours left, or only 3 minutes?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
and there I was thinking the two"B's" were the dream team

Despite what some people think neither of the two "B"'s are infallible and one of them has left a trail of destruction in his past appointments.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Anyone who thinks Bloom has gone into this without the cards being stacked in his favour, I think is fooling themselves. Gus was offered a pay off, he rejected it. I don't think you get to Tony Blooms status in life by bending over and taking it up the arse from the likes of Poyet...I'm still backing Bloom to have the upper hand, Gus had his chance I think he should have taken it. We will see.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why all the hate towards Poyet? How is this his fault and/or problem?

:tantrum: because he doesn't play 442! :tantrum: because he wants more money to sign better players for us! :tantrum: because he dares to talk about a future after the Albion :tantrum: because his football is too slow for my taste :tantrum: because he doesn't hold the Albion in the highest regard, putting them above other clubs he's played for, or clubs in higher division :tantrum: because I'm a fickle reactionary football fan who can only think in absolutes and I'm upset about the palace loss so can't like him meaning I have to hate him :tantrum: because this is a message board and they bring out the most negative in people :tantrum:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Who was it yesterday who said NSC was boring?!

This thread could get quite entertaining - I am guessing it will be locked/deleted by 10:30 gmt!

Good call. Reckon it'll be deleted pretty sharpish. If not, 25 pages of bile an arguments I would think.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The other way around??? The club have always stood firm behind Poyet, given him all the tools to do the job. Stood by him as he shoot his mouth off time and time again. He may well be around for many years to come, but I doubt he will work for a better chairman that Tony Bloom and this is how he repays him.

Bloody hell. I actually agree with you :wink:

This is some way to repay the club for putting its faith in him for a long term project by awarding a 5 year contract.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
:tantrum: because he doesn't play 442! :tantrum: because he wants more money to sign better players for us! :tantrum: because he dares to talk about a future after the Albion :tantrum: because his football is too slow for my taste :tantrum: because he doesn't hold the Albion in the highest regard, putting them above other clubs he's played for, or clubs in higher division :tantrum: because I'm a fickle reactionary football fan who can only think in absolutes and I'm upset about the palace loss so can't like him meaning I have to hate him :tantrum: because this is a message board and they bring out the most negative I people :tantrum:

You patronising twonk.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Anyone who thinks Bloom has gone into this without the cards being stacked in his favour, I think is fooling themselves. Gus was offered a pay off, he rejected it. I don't think you get to Tony Blooms status in life by bending over and taking it up the arse from the likes of Poyet...I'm still backing Bloom to have the upper hand, Gus had his chance I think he should have taken it. We will see.

Poyet would struggle to give it to Bloom up the arse with your tongue still firmly stuck there !

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I would say suspension is "some way" to repay the management team for everything they have achieved at the club!

Monumental **** up from the board. Monumental.

Total tosh, the biggest **** up the club could have made was to let him carry on with his dictatorship. Poyet is like a spoilt brat, it was always going to end badly.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Completely this.

This suspension was absolute bollocks.

If they don't want him at the club for whatever odd reason then they need to pay him off.

It's not Poyet that wanted to go, it's the club that wanted rid of him, and have done for most of the season.

to say "it was not Poyet that wanted to go" has to be one of the most one-eyed and misinformed statements ever made on here.
The club have respected the law in suspending Poyet rather than throwing bundles of cash at him to let him go. Those who worry about the cost of football should applaud them..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here