Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet REJECTS offer to quit the Albion

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I liked the way that Poyet told us what he was thinking and wore his heart on his sleeve, I found it quite refreshing. I think that in current times where every statement is gone over by a team of PR people so as it gives exactly the right message (usually saying **** all) having a manager come out and tell us what he was thinking was wonderful. I do understand that this is out of the ordinary and hearing the truth (that we all know anyway) is very difficult.

I don't buy into this idea that finishing the was some how a failure. We were competing with teams that have been in that division for many years with quality sqauds, with teams that were enjoying parachute payments and Premier League quality players and teams with far Richer owners than us. We came up with our League One squad and were adapting quickly to our new surroundings and putting together something very special.

I for one and sad to see Gus leave and remain skeptical that our next manager will be able to do as good a job as Poyet. I hope the differences can be reconciled and that Gus remains out manager for the next few years, until Chelsea or Spurs come knocking as i think this is the best outcome for all parties (although I understand how unlikely this is).

I wish I had written that. The only point I have some reservations about is that a new manager might be able to build successfully on what has gone before. I trust the club to be (or maybe has been) astute and professional in recruiting a replacement, presuming that is what is needed

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I liked the way that Poyet told us what he was thinking and wore his heart on his sleeve, I found it quite refreshing. I think that in current times where every statement is gone over by a team of PR people so as it gives exactly the right message (usually saying **** all) having a manager come out and tell us what he was thinking was wonderful. I do understand that this is out of the ordinary and hearing the truth (that we all know anyway) is very difficult.

I don't buy into this idea that finishing the was some how a failure. We were competing with teams that have been in that division for many years with quality sqauds, with teams that were enjoying parachute payments and Premier League quality players and teams with far Richer owners than us. We came up with our League One squad and were adapting quickly to our new surroundings and putting together something very special.
:clap2::clap2:

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
Despite everything that has been said and done I can see no mileage in slagging off Gus.

We know what he's like and I'm sure that even he feels that there may be things he shouldn't have said.

Perhaps he should have kept quiet after the Palace game, thought about a response to Tony along the lines of, we've come this far, but to make the next step we need xyz, instead of airing his grievances on the radio.

Tony would then have had the opportunity to decide whether he could find any more money or not, and then Gus could have made a decision about his future dependent on the result of this.

Sadly this has not happened, and what we have is what we have.

But it doesn't take away anything from the achievement of the team and the manager. We finished 4th and reached the playoffs in our second season back in the Championship, which as far as I can see is pretty good going.

Time for a little perspective I think.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think he lacks self control. He isn't, and never will be reasonable. Its Gussie who lacks perspective.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Says they understand he could be sacked for breach of contract, so must believe the investigation has uncovered enough grounds to not have to pay Poyet any money, which would be very nice.

they are just speculating as usual - if somebody is suspended for investigation of alleged breach of contract - one possible outcome is always going to be sacking - hardly rocket science ...

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

I for one and sad to see Gus leave and remain skeptical that our next manager will be able to do as good a job as Poyet. I hope the differences can be reconciled and that Gus remains out manager for the next few years, until Chelsea or Spurs come knocking as i think this is the best outcome for all parties (although I understand how unlikely this is).

Absolutely, I couldn't agree more. It ain't gonna happen, but I so wish it could.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea

:thumbsup:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

The same could almost be said for Neil Warnock perhaps a fairer comparison, Ian Holloway :wink:

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
2uduha2e.jpg

Don't really understand what this means

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia

I'm clearly not the first to agree you have hit the nail on the head here mate, well said.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why should Poyet go quietly ? The club suspended him. This in itself would be good reason for Poyet to f*ck the club up as much as he can. Tanno " coming back " , it is 100% he will not be back on Monday or any other day after that. What is Gus susposed to have done except an ill judged post match speech ? What is it exactly that he has done that is so bad the club felt their hand was so strong they could suspend him and the team ? This has been badly handled imo. Who will be taking training in 9 days time, who will pick the team in 3 weeks time ? This could drag on as Poyet is playing the game and to me it seems he holds the strongest deck at the moment. "

Barber/BHAFC club disclaimer.

" This is my opinion only and I may or may not be right "

Emotive eh ? :wink:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Similarly those who didnt 'love' Poyet are rather enjoying the moment to put the boot in and have a good gloat....of course if you don't do this and perhaps point to some of the good things that have happened under poyet you are automatically labelled a poyet 'lover' instead of perhaps balancing the argument up somewhat

Well, yes I am actually! It is so good to be able to say I TOLD YOU SO! :smile: :drink:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well, yes I am actually! It is so good to be able to say I TOLD YOU SO! :smile: :drink:

What a load of bollocks. Anyone who is actually enjoying the situation through some sort of misplaced smugness is not a fan of the club.

Also, what exactly did you tell us? That this situation would happen? No, because I don't think anyone could have predicted this. As for Poyet not being a good manager, he took us to fourth this season so nothing to say I told you so there. No just a so called fan being pathetic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here