Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet "on the verge of quitting Brighton"

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Can't see him going to West Brom - but Villa maybe? It is all paper talk anyway

I think Wba will be the favourite outside a big club, good financial structure, no real 'baggage', and of TB doesn't release enough funds for us to make an improvement on 10th then he will surely think about it.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
If he wants to go , then he should go.
As much as I love Gus, he really isn't bigger than our club.
Bye Gus, thanks for the memories but we'll be fine without you.

FFS.

There is nothing to suggest he wants to go. All his actual quotes speak of loving his job and the club.

Why do people keep talking as though he's desperate to get out, and any old club would do?

The 'article' is in the Mail and written by a Palace fan, that should tell you all you need to know.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Highest budget and wage spending by far for the last 21 years. McGhee kept us in the championship at Withdean on a budget of a packet of peanuts, a far greater achievement than our 10th this season.

And what happened straight after that?

We need Gus to stay, definitely. I honestly think next season is going to be the season EVER to be a Brighton fan. The foundations are in place, the squad is there, we just need a few quality additions and we can get promoted. The last thing we want is for Gus to leave and someone new to have to come in and start it all again, it will set us back two years.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I hope he stays but this season hasn't been that great. We spent a lot of money and finished 10th with players like Hoskins and CMS turning out to be shit

Which other seasons have you preferred?

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Poyet turned down Swansea. Did he? Did he really?

Can't see a club the size of Villa wanting him.

West Brom maybe, and I think h'd go if they did.

Oh well, never mind.

No he didnt- he wasnt offered the job- he told us this in the Seagulls over London

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
And what happened straight after that?

We need Gus to stay, definitely. I honestly think next season is going to be the season EVER to be a Brighton fan. The foundations are in place, the squad is there, we just need a few quality additions and we can get promoted. The last thing we want is for Gus to leave and someone new to have to come in and start it all again, it will set us back two years.

have u missed the word 'best' out? :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gus was interviewed for the Swansea job, when. They went for Soussa, I think.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I hope he stays but this season hasn't been that great. We spent a lot of money and finished 10th with players like Hoskins and CMS turning out to be shit

I totally agree, and we have had to put up with dire football to achieve the 10th position. I would have liked the playoffs, but if that was not possible, then a lower finish with attractive football to watch would have been my choice. If we can afford the players to play Gus' style, then hopefully the football will be more attractive next year, as well as be more competitive.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Gus was interviewed for the Swansea job, when. They went for Soussa, I think.

Soussa was appointed before Poyet had the job here, so he certainly didn't turn down Swansea to stay with us then. In the video that is posted in this thread Poyet does mention he tried to get a job in the Championship as he thought that would be a good place to start his managerial career but he wasn't able to get one so he stepped down to League 1 and joined us. It could be the case that Swansea was one of the jobs he applied for at Championship level before he joined us.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
FFS.

There is nothing to suggest he wants to go. All his actual quotes speak of loving his job and the club.

Why do people keep talking as though he's desperate to get out, and any old club would do?

The 'article' is in the Mail and written by a Palace fan, that should tell you all you need to know.

It's absolutely this.

Normally I'm quite pessimistic about Gus leaving when there is a vacancy, but this time I'm certain he's staying for the next season.

I'm sure he'd accept the Villa job, but there about 10 other managers at least in the frame ahead of him.

West Brom will get Hughton now that Birmingham haven't gone up.

Wolves will appoint Holloway if West Ham beat Blackpool. If not, well we may have an anxious week or so, but Wolves will not pay the compensation and ultimately Darren Ferguson, Lee Clark, or the obscure Danish guy will get the job.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I totally agree, and we have had to put up with dire football to achieve the 10th position. I would have liked the playoffs, but if that was not possible, then a lower finish with attractive football to watch would have been my choice. If we can afford the players to play Gus' style, then hopefully the football will be more attractive next year, as well as be more competitive.

Were you created from DNA found in fossilised amber!?

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
<br />
<br />

Do what? Pardon? Again? Huh? Rabbits?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Yes, you only like regressive, doomed-to-failure, the-rest-of-the-world-are-laughing-at-the-English, park football. We've heard that one from you many times.

Most of the rest of us are settling for patience, accepting our best finish for 21 seasons as work in progress, and are looking forward to some more excellent football under Gus next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here