Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet "on the verge of quitting Brighton"

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I thought it had to be a 'really special' job.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
If he wants to go , then he should go.
As much as I love Gus, he really isn't bigger than our club.
Bye Gus, thanks for the memories but we'll be fine without you.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not a bad thing at all

Why the hell would you want to replace a man who has completely transformed the club from top to bottom, who took us from League 1 relegation strugglers to Championship play-off contenders, and who is building a youth academy teaching young players how to play the South American way, with a man who has been out of work for 4 years and has only ever had one successful managers job?

Because I am struggling to see any way how that would not be a bad thing.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Dear LORD who on Earth still reads the Daily Mail!?

The Giant Bolster

Apr 18, 2012
Why the hell would you want to replace a man who has completely transformed the club from top to bottom, who took us from League 1 relegation strugglers to Championship play-off contenders, and who is building a youth academy teaching young players how to play the South American way, with a man who has been out of work for 4 years and has only ever had one successful managers job?

Can't really argue with this to be honest.
As for only leaving for a special job, he won't jump straight from Brighton to Tottenham, Chelsea, at the moment. So will need a stepping stone, to get him to be an established Premier League manager, he could potentially do this at Villa or WBA, to get to where he wants to be quicker. But ultimately would be dissapointed if he left us, to join one of those midlands clubs.

BHA Swiifty

Jan 23, 2012
Burgess Hill
Can't really argue with this to be honest.
As for only leaving for a special job, he won't jump straight from Brighton to Tottenham, Chelsea, at the moment. So will need a stepping stone, to get him to be an established Premier League manager, he could potentially do this at Villa or WBA, to get to where he wants to be quicker. But ultimately would be dissapointed if he left us, to join one of those midlands clubs.
100% This, he'd be better off waiting to get in the prem with us rather than joining a midlands club as a stepping stone.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Exactly.
To all the posters who think having a high profile manager with a plan of how he wants to play and has improved the team year on year, is a bad thing.
I hear Blackburn are looking for some new 'Supporters'.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
I hope he stays but this season hasn't been that great. We spent a lot of money and finished 10th with players like Hoskins and CMS turning out to be shit

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I hope he stays but this season hasn't been that great. We spent a lot of money and finished 10th with players like Hoskins and CMS turning out to be shit

Are you on a wind-up? Best season for 21 years. 15th in championship budget. Finish 10. You seem to be asking a lot. I am extremely happy with this season as I'm sure most Albion fans are.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Are you on a wind-up? Best season for 21 years. 15th in championship budget. Finish 10. You seem to be asking a lot. I am extremely happy with this season as I'm sure most Albion fans are.

Highest budget and wage spending by far for the last 21 years. McGhee kept us in the championship at Withdean on a budget of a packet of peanuts, a far greater achievement than our 10th this season.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Highest budget and wage spending by far for the last 21 years. McGhee kept us in the championship at Withdean on a budget of a packet of peanuts, a far greater achievement than our 10th this season.

That is perhaps true. I personally liked McGhee and that was an amazing season. But to achieve what we did, in a very competitive league was no mean feat either. Gus is still learning and if one or two key results had been different we would have been in the play-offs. It's a fine line.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here