Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Video on World Game Website

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
That's a smashing interview. He says some really interesting things about going back to Uruguay and why it didn't work out, so he came back.

And that he'll be looking overseas for players because British players are too expensive. Diego Forlan perhaps?

And, most important of all, sounded very hopeful on Vicente. That's made me feel a lot more optimistic about us keeping him.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
To me he spoke as though Vicente WILL be staying another year providing we strengthen, which is great news!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Good interview, thanks for the link. :)

Interesting that he spoke about 'some under contract players have been told they they will be better off elsewhere next season'. Could be an active summer in many ways. :)

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I thought is was good. We see so many speculations that he is leaving us for any other team. It was nice just to hear agian, what he has always said about trying to get us in to the prem.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
When was the last time there was a 15 minute interview with a Brighton manager conducted for an Australian football website?

Maybe it's always happened whenever we've been in the championship, but it feels like since Gus took over we've become a more recognisable name in world football. Obviously Gus will be having a big part in that but we're definitely moving in the right direction as a club

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
"The easiest way is with Brighton" says to me that unless something comes along that he'd find impossible to turn down, (Wolves and Villa do not fit the bill) he'll get us into the PL sooner, rather than later. One of the better interviews I've seen. He is looking forward to the new training facilities being available, he'd be a fool to go elsewhere for a few years. Great new stadium, new training facilities around the corner, able to build the club his way. Where else is he going to get that?

Thanks for the link.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Nice one Gus...

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Great interview.

I recognise Gus can be a sore loser like any top professional sportsman but unlike serial whingers like Ferguson, he combines it with intelligence and humour.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Thanks from me, too. I agree, it's a great interview - I was starting to get withdrawal symptoms from not getting any interviews on Seagulls Player.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Thanks from me, too. I agree, it's a great interview - I was starting to get withdrawal symptoms from not getting any interviews on Seagulls Player.

Absolutely, looking forward to watching that tonight (buffering bollocks at work as usual), who'd have thought to look on SBS' site for a Gus interview, nice one.

When I came to Australia 18 years ago I was told SBS (Sateliet Brocasting Corporation - liker a Channel 4 back in the day but part government funded) stood for Soccer Bloody Soccer by Aussies, and for good reason!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here