Votes: 14 4.2%

• Total voters

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
We all said that last season,....

Not all :thumbsup:

Of course, Bloom may still pull the trigger if we are not in the playoffs at seasons end, but I feel that's unlikely.

With American Express committing to our biggest ever sponsorship deal the pressure is going to be huge on Poyet to deliver. Failure next season, will be his third in succession, spending more money than any other manager in Brighton's history.

I for one, will be surprised if he survives in his position if he fails again.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We all said that last season,....

Er, no we didn't. What kind of idiot would say that if a Manager who'd just won us the League 1 title didn't get us promoted to the Premier League in his 2nd season in the Championship, he should be sacked?

Seriously. People need a ****ing reality check. The arrogance of a lot of Brighton fans is starting to really piss me off, it's no wonder we're becoming a more and more unlikeable club. We are becoming the new Southampton.

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
Er, no we didn't. What kind of idiot would say that if a Manager who'd just won us the League 1 title didn't get us promoted to the Premier League in his 2nd season in the Championship, he should be sacked?

Seriously. People need a ****ing reality check. The arrogance of a lot of Brighton fans is starting to really piss me off, it's no wonder we're becoming a more and more unlikeable club. We are becoming the new SOUTHAMTON

BUT THEY PLAYED EXCITING FOOTBALL:blush:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Seriously. People need a ****ing reality check. The arrogance of a lot of Brighton fans is starting to really piss me off, it's no wonder we're becoming a more and more unlikeable club. We are becoming the new Southampton.

For me it's not just down to lack of success in getting us promoted, it's deeper than that.

There are a lot of things that worry me about other aspects of the management.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
In obviously

I think people need to be sensible and realistic. Someone said we should be in top 2 with the squad we have. Sorry but there are squads a lot bigger and better than ours below us in the table. We are better than last year and i trust Gus to spend wisely again and improve again next year whether thats in the championship or the premier league. ( games left guys 27 points on offer and other teams all have tough games as well. Destiny is still in our hands as we have Forest and Leicester to play so lets stop saying Gus in or out and just get behind the team and make the AMEX a 12th man.)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

It was repeatedly said on here at the end of last season, by a raft of posters on this site, that this season was Gus's make or break, after our wobbly finish to last season the concensus ( ok, not 100% of you) was that he needed to pull off a play off spot this year else questions would be asked.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
In obviously

I think people need to be sensible and realistic. Someone said we should be in top 2 with the squad we have. Sorry but there are squads a lot bigger and better than ours below us in the table. We are better than last year and i trust Gus to spend wisely again and improve again next year whether thats in the championship or the premier league. ( games left guys 27 points on offer and other teams all have tough games as well. Destiny is still in our hands as we have Forest and Leicester to play so lets stop saying Gus in or out and just get behind the team and make the AMEX a 12th man.)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It was repeatedly said on here at the end of last season, by a raft of posters on this site, that this season was Gus's make or break, after our wobbly finish to last season the concensus ( ok, not 100% of you) was that he needed to pull off a play off spot this year else questions would be asked.

Well fortunately, none of those people's opinions matter. At all. There's only one person who's opinion matters, and he seems to have his head screwed on a lot better than a large number of posters on this board. Thank God for that.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There's a world of difference between 'asking questions' (which should be ongoing anyway), and coming up with the Answer of Last Resort: 'Change the Manager'. The only people who want Poyet out are the extremely impatient and/or those who think that every season, regardless of any other factors, we should do better than the season before. Look at clubs like Wolves and Sheff Wed for examples of where that mentality ultimately leads.

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
well fortunately, none of those people's opinions matter. At all. There's only one person who's opinion matters, and he seems to have his head screwed on a lot better than a large number of posters on this board. Thank god for that.

barber,poyet,bloom or bozza who the hell are you talking about???

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Well fortunately, none of those people's opinions matter. At all. There's only one person who's opinion matters, and he seems to have his head screwed on a lot better than a large number of posters on this board. Thank God for that.

Its comical how upset you seem to get when you disagree with anothers point of view. Get a life mate. lol

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
When we went though our previously bad run Gus came out and voiced how frustrated he was with our shortcomings as he had tried to solve them and had no success.

After last night he is starting to say the same thing.

“When you get to these games you need to start better, you need to dominate and if you have got more chances than the opposition you need to score and make sure you give nothing away.

“We did everything the opposite. We gave two goals away and when we had the chances we didn’t take them. That’s the story of the season.”

"We had the chance to win the game and we needed to win and we didn’t do it, so we cannot blame anyone apart from ourselves and it’s going away, the whole season.”

So not just us that is getting frustrated.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Voted In - I'm unhappy that we have just gained 1 point out of 9 available in 3 away games but the small margins are what makes football the game it is and with a tad more luck we could have got a few more. I'm waiting 'til the end of the season before assessing how we have done because we can still make the play-offs (Cardiff play Forest on Saturday), beat Palace on Sunday and finish the season with a flourish. Let's all get behind the team and Gus on Sunday ! :)

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
It would be as daft for us to sack Gus now as it was for Reading to sack McDermott. This is Gus's team and although i do not think we will end up in the top 6, Gus must be given the chance to see it through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here