Votes: 16 4.8%
  • dont care any more

Votes: 14 4.2%

• Total voters

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
In. Obviously.

It concerns me that there are 43 people who are either stupid enough to actually think he should go or stupid enough to click 'No' by accident.

This. Although it concerns me that I've read the majority of this pointless thread.

If we sacked Poyet NOW, while we are one point off the play-offs in just our 2nd season at this level, it would be 100 time more ridiculous than the Adkins/McDermott sackings!

So I vote IN !

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Has Poyet taken the club as far as he can.Is it time for a change and get in another manager

not a case of whether we want him its a case of does he want us

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I'm not a Nigel and voted out.

Just feel that the players (which Gus has bought in) are unable to play the style that he wants to play and we have become slow and dull to watch. Also we have become easy to play against, every game all the ball but most of it is passing between the back four we really need to play higher up the pitch and with more pace. We have the players but lack in formation and confidence which stems from the manager and coaching staff.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Can we have another option please? Do not respond to knee jerk polls.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm not a Nigel and voted out.

Just feel that the players (which Gus has bought in) are unable to play the style that he wants to play and we have become slow and dull to watch. Also we have become easy to play against, every game all the ball but most of it is passing between the back four we really need to play higher up the pitch and with more pace. We have the players but lack in formation and confidence which stems from the manager and coaching staff.

So we've fluked it to the edge of the playoffs?

Amazing luck!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Er, no we didn't. What kind of idiot would say that if a Manager who'd just won us the League 1 title didn't get us promoted to the Premier League in his 2nd season in the Championship, he should be sacked?

Seriously. People need a ****ing reality check. The arrogance of a lot of Brighton fans is starting to really piss me off, it's no wonder we're becoming a more and more unlikeable club. We are becoming the new Southampton.

Sadly this is true, I have seen quite a few clubs fans calling us arrogant on their sites recently. Of course our expectations have gone up but surely that is because we have done so well in the Championship. We do not have a divine right to promotion to the premiership because Gus has spent more than any other Brighton Manager. Although in relative terms we spent a lot in Mullery's day and were skint for many years after!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've mentioned nothing about luck, I just feel that our style doesn't suit the players and from my own viewpoint we don't push on enough. Gus has worked wonders but I just question whether he is good enough to push us on.

But you said that:
1 - You feel that the players (which Gus has bought in) are unable to play the style that he wants to play
2 - We have become slow and dull to watch.
3 - We are easy to play against
4 - We have the players but lack in formation and confidence
5 - All stems from the manager and coaching staff.

So SURELY, if despite ALL of this HORRENDOUS issues we are STILL nearly in the playoffs then SURELY we have fluked it. We must have done. No team who is AS BAD as you suggest could get there based on ability.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'd like him to stay, if he doesn't get us promoted next year then out, but saying that if he leaves I wouldn't cry about it, as im sure quality managers will want to join us now.

we have players in the D/S squad who should be coming along nicely and ready to step up next season (two(2)internationals for a start)
we are to near the play-offs to bring to many in now (although it has been forced on Gus recently) I would love to see our future with Gus but I do feel he might think he has taken the team(squad) as far as he can and although I don't particularly like the guy Adkins would be my choice of next man to take us up...............................and keep us up

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
But you said that:
1 - You feel that the players (which Gus has bought in) are unable to play the style that he wants to play
2 - We have become slow and dull to watch.
3 - We are easy to play against
4 - We have the players but lack in formation and confidence
5 - All stems from the manager and coaching staff.

So SURELY, if despite ALL of this HORRENDOUS issues we are STILL nearly in the playoffs then SURELY we have fluked it. We must have done. No team who is AS BAD as you suggest could get there based on ability.
I also said that Gus has worked wonders, I just feel that he has pushed us as far as he can. We can't carry on playing this style without pushing players further up the park and getting more bodies in the box. Great to have a fantastic defence but we need to score more goals. Point in case would be Bristol away where we didn't have a shot.
No it's not all bad but maybe we just need a change to shake it up, if your happy with draws and clean sheets fantastic but I would like to see a few more goals.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
He's unearthed a gem in Ulloa and deserves credit for that.

Should we lose to Palace yet again, I'm gonna be very upset though.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
IN.........

Some good and interesting reading on here and not just on this thread. My frustration though from a paying fan home and away, more away at present is not the win/draw or loss so much as the way our team is asked to approach the game. We have a very good defence record, but then most of our players seemed designed to play this way. Is this why KLL doesn't get a look in because he is not the best at getting back? Why should he that's what we have the back five for and Bridcutt as a holding midfielder!!!

I'm not wishing Gus would set the team up to play recklessly, but to have that feeling back when I watched Brighton and thought when we had the ball attacking we might create a chance a lot of the times. This for me is better than watching or at home listening to boring, negative and frustrating footie that might result in two chances a game on target or even sometimes none!!! Some point out on here we have one of the best squads, they can only perform and play how Gus and hes team instruct, and at the mo because maybe we are so close but yet so far it appears very defensive and denying the paying fan entertainment and value.

If on Sunday we win, draw or lose but play positive who could really complain, but to continue how we are at the moment is unfair on the players and more importantly unfair on us. Come on Gus show us how our flair team can play good attacking football and just let the defenders take care of the defending.........

Interesting! So exactly why vote "in" with that perfect example of why it should be "out"? Poyet is too pigheaded to change, as he has shown for two seasons. He has no pragmatism whatsoever, and refuses to match the style of play to the players he has available to him. All he does is keep bleating on about needed more and more money. Well, in my opinion, TB has been more than generous with his funding of the Club, Poyet should adapt to the funds available - or do one!

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
Interesting! So exactly why vote "in" with that perfect example of why it should be "out"? Poyet is too pigheaded to change, as he has shown for two seasons. He has no pragmatism whatsoever, and refuses to match the style of play to the players he has available to him. All he does is keep bleating on about needed more and more money. Well, in my opinion, TB has been more than generous with his funding of the Club, Poyet should adapt to the funds available - or do one!

My in vote is for now to the end of the season, but on reflection you do make a valid point. A big part of me is convinced he won't change and this could be very unfair and very frustrating for us fans with the next few weeks ahead?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
All he does is keep bleating on about needed more and more money.!

:lolol: Oh dear.

You fell for it, didn't you.

He clearly claims our budget is low as an attempt to lower expectation. What do you want? For him to come out and say "I've been given LOADS of monies so we should easily go up"??

If you think Tony Bloom doesn't realise this then I worry. They have a VERY good working relationship.

Gus knows he is at a job with VERY good resources. But he's not going to BOAST about it is he? That;ll just raise the price of any other target.

When you get a good hand in Poker, do you shout "Yes!". No. you don't let on. In football media if you answer 'no comment' then people suspect. The best Gus can do is to contiunuously downplay any financial boost that we may be benefiting from, which we all know we have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here