Votes: 16 4.8%
  • dont care any more

Votes: 14 4.2%

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In, unless we lose v Palace for the second year running, then that's it - out.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
maybe you're right re Hoskins and CMS, but it his responsibility to ensure enough back up is available for such eventualities.

Perhaps but CMS only went just over a week ago and seemingly he's been looking since. Barnes was just a huge f**k up that nobody could have anticipated (except some of us!!)

I voted fence last time but I do feel we've made progress.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Gus in or out?

What a difference 4 months makes, you fickle ****s

thats football and just because we have different views to yours.......we drew last week against the bottom team and had no shots all game...we lost on Saturday and our manager was found out by the Bolton manager....then tonight we lose 2-1 to the bottom team of course people are going to be pissed off ....not fickle just pissed off we should of got 7 points and not one from those game and then we would be looking at top 2.....

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Poyet isn't the problem and Brighton are much more than lucky to have him. 100% in. Anything else is unforgivably short-sighted IMHO.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
In...

come on we need at least another season...five years ago I would bitten your hand off to be considered a decent championship side...we are still 5 players short of a serious challenge and possible survival in prem...

This! It annoys me how some of our fans are demanding immediate successes and immediate promotion when we clearly aren't ready for that yet. When we go up we need to stay up and establish ourselves, not get thrashed week in week out, which could well happen if we go up now.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
In.

But next season Poyet will have to deliver or he will be history.

This is probably the only correct answer.
With a bit more of a budget from a new kit sponsor (I think) and the players he has now acquired, a top 6 finish must be Mr Blooms minimum requirement for the end of next season.

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
In 110 per cent.I respect the views of the out camp as this is a forum but in my 30 years off being an Albion fan I never thought fans would want a manager that has saved them from league 2 in his 1st season.Gone up as champs in his 2nd season.Got the highest league placing in 20 years in his 3rd season and in his fourth have us 7th out. Yes its gutting to lose to the bottom team but to get rid of Gus is madness.Even if we were in the bottom half I would still say 110 per cent yes.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It's this statement that winds me up most. Five more players,,,,we finished 9th/10th last season and he basicly signed another teams worth of players. Was there really so much wrong??? Our squad on paper is easy top six, don't kid yourself.

Last season we were winning games despite being rubbish with 94th minute winners. This season the reverse is happening and we're still better. Imagine how good we'd be if we had this years team and last seasons luck

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
Anyone who votes IN just wants or will settle for mid table mediocrity.

Time to move on Gus.

Well we might have players who can pass, but that was not a passing team tonight, either in shape or desire, and was a total contrast to Saturday. The whole basis of our passing game is (was) the midfielders making themselves available when the back 4 or Bridcutt have the ball. That means dropping back , coming short and 'showing ' for the ball - giving the classic 3 or 4 passing options. When we did this in the past, it may have been laborious and not incisive enough, but at least we kept possession. Tonight when playing out of the defence there were not enough midfield wanting the ball, and to take responsibility. They did not make themselves available by running those extra yards to drop back. Dave was parked on the right wing, and Hammond pushed up alongside Ulloa! This meant the ball had to go long. What Hammond hopes to achieve alongside Ulloa is anyone's guess, as he is certainly not fast enough to go for one over the top or from a flick on from Ulloa. Surely Gus can see this so either instructed it or condones it. Barnsley were not pressing that hard for us to have to adapt this way, the players seemed to choose it as being the easy way out.
Added to that 2 predominant right footers playing down the left flank in the first half which meant the balance of the side was wrong.
Generally these is no one who can take the game by the scruff of the neck, both with skill on the ball themself and taking the other players with them, consistently (that last word rules out Vicente). How ironic to see in the programme an article listing 10 of Albion's leading Captains - all natural leaders who were always in the thick of it an did not shirk responsibility

Last edited:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I voted "In".

Part of me says "Out", and hopes he does go elsewhere, so that when someone else comes in, and things pretty much continue on as before, I can enjoy the perplexity of those folks wondering why the bringing in of the new manager didn't sort everything instanter.

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
OUT

Speaking to someone who went to the game last night, who had to watch that turgid performance, was enough for me to turn.

Move on Gus. We are going backwards with you at the helm now

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Last season we were winning games despite being rubbish with 94th minute winners. This season the reverse is happening and we're still better. Imagine how good we'd be if we had this years team and last seasons luck

Totally agree with this, we barely scraped a win against Doncaster the whipping boys of the division last year and the injury time winners continued all season. This season the injury time goals have been scored against us. But the points about us not being able to cope with fixture congestion are right and Poyet has to find a way to overcome that.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
In for as long as he wants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here