[Albion] Potter post match comments

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
An example is Propper surely?
A supremely gifted but frustrating player who seemed slightly shackled under Hughton. Where the hell is he?
The only players that have improved are March (but i'd argue he has shown signs for a while that he'd make a good wing back and we're playing to his strengths now, and he is about to hit his prime) and Biss, who was clearly a Worldie from day one.
Dunk is playing the worst he ever has. In his prime.
Maupay has lost confidence. Youngsters like Mac and Molumby are nowhere to be seen, not out on loan, not even playing for the U23s.
Where is the coaching?!
Trossard has gone backwards. Ryan has lost it all together.

Odd isn't it?

Does Potter have a history of alienating players, sidelining others for apparently no reason, tinkering, and generally underperforming? Calling [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]

Funny old game, football. :shrug:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
These people have the vote.

Terrifying.

You can’t help yourself thinking you’re superior to others can you? Ha ha. When you get to vote, you’ll be voting Lib Delusional's no doubt. Ideology above reality. That’s why you’re unable to accept Potter isn’t the footballing genius you’ve banged on about, giving dogs abuse to those who merely questioned the reality let alone your deluded rose tinted take on things. Now you’re learning like the green milk maid you are. How’s you’re think positive and everything will be ok Plan A going? lolol: Beginning to realise there’s a bit more to football than that or still utterly deluded and thinking we’re just ‘unlucky’? Whatever. Merry Xmas NSC’s Comical Ali :xmas::lol::D

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
All very good points. And yet still some people won't hear a word against him

This. We all want the best for our club, however it and those that manage it are not above questioning never mind the dimwitted zealots who act as self appointed defenders of the club and won’t hear a word against. Feck me if I haven’t poured tens of thousands into it myself and that entitles me to voice frustration without some JCL straight out of nappies telling me what I can or can’t say. Where were such types when we were really shit, probably think Priestfield is some sort of prayer mat! Sake...

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Virtually every post match interview is just a nonsense tick box Q&A for Sky / MOTD. Some managers occasionally let their guard down and subsequently get in trouble with FA or an other.

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
Oh FFS the players aren’t improving with GP’s coaching they are getting worse. Possession, chances mean f all unless that ball ends up in the back of the net. Maupay should be improving and scoring a few more goals this season he looks disinterested and frustrated. Trossard what the hell has happened there. Dunk never seen him make so many blunders ... TB has invested millions on these players I’m sure he’s not happy with the situation I wouldn’t be.

Bissouma and solly have both developed loads haven't they? Nice to see sanchez getting a look in too...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm largely in the 'don't take post-match comments seriously' camp. However, they can be used, sparingly, to convey a powerful message to the team as Alex Ferguson and others have shown in the past. Occasionally, it's motivating to indicate the level of performance hasn't been acceptable.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Oh FFS the players aren’t improving with GP’s coaching they are getting worse. Possession, chances mean f all unless that ball ends up in the back of the net. Maupay should be improving and scoring a few more goals this season he looks disinterested and frustrated. Trossard what the hell has happened there. Dunk never seen him make so many blunders ... TB has invested millions on these players I’m sure he’s not happy with the situation I wouldn’t be.

Improving players thus far under GPs tenure:

Bissouma
Alzate
March
Connolly
Sanchez

Also improving under GP:

Number of shots taken
xG
Number of shots conceded
% possession
Number of passes
Record points haul last season

But you keep burying your head in the sand in the belief that TB will see it your way and act. Football has changed, I suggest you do as well otherwise you're just in for continual disappointment.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Bissouma
Alzate
March
Connolly
Sanchez

Also improving under GP:

Number of shots taken
xG
Number of shots conceded
% possession
Number of passes

But you keep burying your head in the sand in the belief that TB will see it your way and act. Football has changed, I suggest you do as well otherwise you're just in for continual disappointment.

You forgot Lamptey and Webster.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Bissouma
Alzate
March
Connolly
Sanchez

Also improving under GP:

Number of shots taken
xG
Number of shots conceded
% possession
Number of passes

Bit simplistic that.
I don't think it's fair to say Connolly and Alzate have improved. I saw Alzate 3 times, live, for Swindon. He was outstanding. Connolly's record for the 18/23s/Irish youth teams was superb way before he was playing in the first team. They're young players with quality. Given the Spurs game was over a year ago, you really think Connolly has improved? Same with Sanchez. Nobody knew how good he was but he got great reviews at Rochdale.
You can't argue that currently Dunk, Maupay, Trossard and a few others don't seem to be anywhere near the levels they showed last season.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
You forgot Lamptey and Webster.

I suspect if I dared suggest those two names the poster in question would bizarrely claim that player a) learnt all he knows thanks to Fat Frank in some bizarre schadenfreude twist and player b) is an error prone donkey who cost £20m too much just so as not to give GP any credit at all...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Bissouma
Alzate
March
Connolly
Sanchez

Also improving under GP:

Number of shots taken
xG
Number of shots conceded
% possession
Number of passes

Your only as good as your last game in football, your list isn’t exactly impressive Bissouma was always good just needed a good run in the side, Connolly right now is not good enough for the PL bit of a one trick pony, Alzate hardly plays, March I’m not going to get into that although today for a wing back basic duties don’t play the opposition onside. Sanchez looks decent so far.

The posters that don’t agree with you are making a point I’m sure TB will do exactly as he seems fit nothing any of us can do about it.

One home win in a year, no covid and full houses at the Amex during that year I don’t think the manager will be getting such an easy ride to be fair.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Bit simplistic that.
I don't think it's fair to say Connolly and Alzate have improved. I saw Alzate 3 times, live, for Swindon. He was outstanding. Connolly's record for the 18/23s/Irish youth teams was superb way before he was playing in the first team. They're young players with quality. Given the Spurs game was over a year ago, you really think Connolly has improved? Same with Sanchez. Nobody knew how good he was but he got great reviews at Rochdale.
You can't argue that currently Dunk, Maupay, Trossard and a few others don't seem to be anywhere near the levels they showed last season.

Simplistic maybe but given our previous manager got scared at the thought of anyone below the first team squad/ age of 26 doing anything other than cleaning boots recognising their abilities, having faith in them and letting them in the team is a bloody site better.

Dunk had a ropey start this season and looks back to his best in last two games. Anyone performing at his extremely high and consistent levels over the last four seasons was bound to have a dip and I don’t put that dip down to GP or his tactics.

Maupay - rough diamond, short on confidence [not the manager’s fault] still has plenty of time to surpass last seasons excellent contribution and when it happens I don’t want any of you lot allowing GP to take any credit ok?

Trossard - jury still out for me. Lots of lovely inter play and desire but often not channeled the right way in the right areas on the pitch but I really don’t see a tailing off due to GP.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Your only as good as your last game in football, your list isn’t exactly impressive Bissouma was always good just needed a good run in the side, Connolly right now is not good enough for the PL bit of a one trick pony, Alzate hardly plays, March I’m not going to get into that although today for a wing back basic duties don’t play the opposition onside. Sanchez looks decent so far.

The posters that don’t agree with you are making a point I’m sure TB will do exactly as he seems fit nothing any of us can do about it.

One home win in a year, no covid and full houses at the Amex during that year I don’t think the manager will be getting such an easy ride to be fair.

Bissouma was talented for sure but who else can you credit for turning him into a well disciplined box to box almost complete midfielder, Biss himself, or might you concede he’s come on significantly since GP took over?

Am I happy with the league position, number of home wins and certain performances? No I’m not. Am I aware to the plan, how long it might take and what the future potentially holds - absolutely.

Thankfully TB isn’t reactionary, does share in the objectives and sees GP as the man to deliver. I dare say he does so enough to even concede a relegation with him at the helm such is his belief in this philosophy.

He’s certainly not going to act on the back of a few hundred keyboard warriors furiously typing away with their two index fingers and their tongues hanging out of their mouths complaining we don’t get it forward quickly enough... thankfully.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bissouma was talented for sure but who else can you credit for turning him into a well disciplined box to box almost complete midfielder, Biss himself, or might you concede he’s come on significantly since GP took over?

Am I happy with the league position, number of home wins and certain performances? No I’m not. Am I aware to the plan, how long it might take and what the future potentially holds - absolutely.

Thankfully TB isn’t reactionary, does share in the objectives and sees GP as the man to deliver. I dare say he does so enough to even concede a relegation with him at the helm such is his belief in this philosophy.

He’s certainly not going to act on the back of a few hundred keyboard warriors furiously typing away with their two index fingers and their tongues hanging out of their mouths complaining we don’t get it forward quickly enough... thankfully.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Blimey. Pampers sales will go through the roof tonight. Deluded idiots.

Who do you blame? A man who sets up a team
and carves out 21 goal attempts and 14 corners against ten men.

Or the XI on the pitch who only manage to turn that into 5 attempts on target and miss two open goals?

Thank **** TB is a hell of a lot more intelligent than some of the so called NSC intelligentsia.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] pleasantly surprised at a number of posts tonight. Faith restored in NSC.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

BT, I’m not so sure that TB wouldn’t pull the trigger. Yet so many are convinced he won’t even if we go down. Which we might. Without a whimper even heaven forbid. What makes you so certain TB wouldn’t? Especially with £200m at stack?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports