Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter post match comments

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I had forgotten the complete lack of class some people on here show as soon as a manager hits a bad run.

Perhaps you should read sone other teams message boards to get a feel for the overall lack of class of football fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
The amount of people who think the pre and post match comments make any difference is laughable.

Agree. I just hope that his changing room motivational speeches are the polar opposite to how he comes across in front of a camera. It just seems likely that they are similarly uninspiring but I hope I'm wrong.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can't understand why people continually piss their pants at what is said pre- and particularly post-match. They're throwaway lines to fulfil a contractual obligation and really not worth listening to, let alone get narky about. Actually glad he gives nothing away - imagine the flaming he'd get on here if he publicly slated any players for example (hopefully he's doing that in private, right now). He's never going to say anything interesting or controversial so attacking him for it is pointless and unnecessary - just seems to be another stick the #Outers want to use to beat him with. So, so far down the list of things to really worry about IMO

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He just needs to replace “disappointed” witness the word “poor”. Then we would be able to at least agree with him.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I agree with you guys. Its definitely time to stop learning as everyone involved are clearly fully learned by now and can improve no further.

I guess the catchphrases of both CH and GP upsets the sentiment of fans and humans who achieved the level of perfect & flawless and thus are struggling to deal with (in CHs case) that others might be better than Brighton, and in GPs case that there is room for improvement. It must be truly frustrating listening to these men who always believes it could get better.

I agree Graham, you should be cut some slack, you’re probably only a couple of points behind where we need to be

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Our possession, attacking and defensive stats should leave us in the top half of the league. That is down to Potter.

Results on the pitch, because of poor shooting and conceding a disproportionate number of goals, leave us in a relegation scrap. That is down to the players.

All these clowns wanting rid of the manager are deluded.
That was turgid dross today. All game. All over the pitch. Fulham was just as bad. Blaming it on missed chances is a kop out. The guy is hopelessly out of his depth.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Our possession, attacking and defensive stats should leave us in the top half of the league. That is down to Potter.

Results on the pitch, because of poor shooting and conceding a disproportionate number of goals, leave us in a relegation scrap. That is down to the players.

All these clowns wanting rid of the manager are deluded.

Our problem is we don't move the ball around quick enough. It's too predictable. If you're going to play Maupay and Connolly up front, there is little point in a slow build up ending up with a cross from March because the two front men aren't going to get to the ball. Sheffield sat back and that meant we couldn't play over the top into the space. Need to adapt to that quicker.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Absolutely no improvement since the beginning of last season in fact we have got worse. We now rely on a 20yr old to produce something otherwise we are hopeless. Surely has to go :shrug:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
That was turgid dross today. All game. All over the pitch. Fulham was just as bad. Blaming it on missed chances is a kop out. The guy is hopelessly out of his depth.

I was fortunate enough to watch it in a pub with no commentary and with a pint in my hand (followed by a second and a third). I saw endless passing the ball from side to side until it reached Solly, then either passing it back or pumping it into the box, repelled by Sheff Utd and repeat. It was very tedious, we never looked like scoring and Potter has to go.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Our problem is we don't move the ball around quick enough. It's too predictable. If you're going to play Maupay and Connolly up front, there is little point in a slow build up ending up with a cross from March because the two front men aren't going to get to the ball. Sheffield sat back and that meant we couldn't play over the top into the space. Need to adapt to that quicker.

I agree, that was how we played at the start of the season.

We seem to have lost confidence which is making players ponderous and play safe.

A win or 2 would put that right.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I had forgotten the complete lack of class some people on here show as soon as a manager hits a bad run.

Could you remind us when GP's 'good 'run' ended and the current 'bad run' started?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Brighton manager Graham Potter, talking to Match of the Day: "We didn't make the advantage count enough. We started the game well and forced a tactical change because we dominated, but the red card changes the game and we've got to make sure we don't get caught. We did, which we're disappointed with. We're disappointed with a point but we've got to move forward with it and learn .

"Sheffield Untied defend the box and goal really well, they don't concede many chances, they have physicality on the break, and it's still complicated with 10 men but we're disappointed because we had that advantage for a while and we have to make it count.

"It's a good finish from Danny [Welbeck] and it's been a big win for him playing three games in a week - I'm delighted for him."

Does he ever say anything of any interest should of been I like to sorry to our 2000 fans today for having to watch that shit :tosser:

Not against any other team they don't, they're shit and get beaten every week, except when a man down for an hour they almost beat your team of duds, pretty boys and posers Graham

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Pathetic dross, sorry sucky teeth man you might like tippy tappy football but the lessons haven't been learnt at all.

We have a disaster of a CB who managed his first three passes straight to the opposition, a captain who is a shadow of himself, a forward who has the control of a jagged piece of rock, and not a clue what formation or any consistency in selection. Our set plays are pitiful, and defending set plays awful.

Good post.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a dreary clueless prick this bloke is, walk Potter please..

Breathtakingly stupid comment. Do you ever say anything sensible?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here