[Albion] Potter post match comments

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can't understand why people continually piss their pants at what is said pre- and particularly post-match. They're throwaway lines to fulfil a contractual obligation and really not worth listening to, let alone get narky about. Actually glad he gives nothing away - imagine the flaming he'd get on here if he publicly slated any players for example (hopefully he's doing that in private, right now). He's never going to say anything interesting or controversial so attacking him for it is pointless and unnecessary - just seems to be another stick the #Outers want to use to beat him with. So, so far down the list of things to really worry about IMO

This.

I see that many people on here didn't bother listening to the 30 minute interview he did on R5 recently, or they would understand all the above.

That doesn't stop them gobbing off like some red faced overweight Wet Sham 'fan' outraged that the sham haven't won the World Cup again yet, though :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This.

I see that many people on here didn't bother listening to the 30 minute interview he did on R5 recently, or they would understand all the above.

That doesn't stop them gobbing off like some red faced overweight Wet Sham 'fan' outraged that the sham haven't won the World Cup again yet, though :shrug:

Listening to 30 minutes of intelligent talk is way beyond most that lay into his post-match pressers. 30 seconds would be a stretch

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Listening to 30 minutes of intelligent talk is way beyond most that lay into his post-match pressers. 30 seconds would be a stretch

Yes, but they pay there money and are intitled to there opinion ???

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Blimey. Pampers sales will go through the roof tonight. Deluded idiots.

Who do you blame? A man who sets up a team
and carves out 21 goal attempts and 14 corners against ten men.

Or the XI on the pitch who only manage to turn that into 5 attempts on target and miss two open goals?

Thank **** TB is a hell of a lot more intelligent than some of the so called NSC intelligentsia.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Absolutely no improvement since the beginning of last season in fact we have got worse. We now rely on a 20yr old to produce something otherwise we are hopeless. Surely has to go :shrug:

that may well make it worse

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Blimey. Pampers sales will go through the roof tonight. Deluded idiots.

Who do you blame? A man who sets up a team
and carves out 21 goal attempts and 14 corners against ten men.

Or the XI on the pitch who only manage to turn that into 5 attempts on target and miss two open goals?

Thank **** TB is a hell of a lot more intelligent than some of the so called NSC intelligentsia.
Oh FFS the players aren’t improving with GP’s coaching they are getting worse. Possession, chances mean f all unless that ball ends up in the back of the net. Maupay should be improving and scoring a few more goals this season he looks disinterested and frustrated. Trossard what the hell has happened there. Dunk never seen him make so many blunders ... TB has invested millions on these players I’m sure he’s not happy with the situation I wouldn’t be.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Oh FFS the players aren’t improving with GP’s coaching they are getting worse. Possession chances mean f all unless that ball ends up in the back of the net. Maupay should be improving and scoring a few more goals this season he looks disinterested and frustrated. Trossard what the hell has happened there. Dunk never seen him make so many blunders ... TB has also invested millions on these players I’m sure he’s not happy with the situation I wouldn’t be.

Yeah I love this idea that all our players are shit and that, therefore, Bloom has wasted all his money. Wonder if he thinks that?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yeah I love this idea that all our players are shit and that, therefore, Bloom has wasted all his money. Wonder if he thinks that?
Except I didn’t say that, they should be improving yes? Maupay should be aiming for 15 goals this season he’s simply not pushing on, the Maupay who scored against Arsenal away last season looks a million miles from that player at the moment.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Except I didn’t say that, they should be improving yes? Maupay should be aiming for 15 goals this season he’s simply not pushing on Maupay who scored against Arsenal away last season look a million miles from that player at the moment.

No, you mistake me. I'm supporting what you say. Our players are decent, and anyone who thinks Bloom would back Potter over all the players he has signed with his own money are a bit misguided imho.
If Potter turns around to Bloom and says 'they're all shit', he'd politely tell him to **** off or learn how to coach (i don't think Potter ever would do that, obvs, but plenty of people on here seem to think our entire squad is garbage).

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No, you mistake me. I'm supporting what you say. Our players are decent, and anyone who thinks Bloom would back Potter over all the players he has signed with his own money are a bit misguided imho.
If Potter turns around to Bloom and says 'they're all shit', he'd politely tell him to **** off or learn how to coach (i don't think Potter ever would do that, obvs, but plenty of people on here seem to think our entire squad is garbage).
:thumbsup:

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Except I didn’t say that, they should be improving yes? Maupay should be aiming for 15 goals this season he’s simply not pushing on, the Maupay who scored against Arsenal away last season looks a million miles from that player at the moment.

I think The Fits is agreeing with you.

Potter's reputation is based mostly on being able to get the absolute best out of the players available to him, see the wonder of taking part timers through the divisions at Östersunds FK and the fairytale of beating Arsenal in the Champions League. Bloom was sold that he would do what Hughton couldn't with our Premier League recruits.

I remember when we shipped out Locadia and Andone it was the first sign that perhaps we hadn't got the coach we expected.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think The Fits is agreeing with you.

Potter's reputation is based mostly on being able to get the absolute best out of the players available to him, see the wonder of taking part timers through the divisions at Östersunds FK and the fairytale of beating Arsenal in the Champions League. Bloom was sold that he would do what Hughton couldn't with our Premier League recruits.

I remember when we shipped out Locadia and Andone it was the first sign that perhaps we hadn't got the coach we expected.

An example is Propper surely?
A supremely gifted but frustrating player who seemed slightly shackled under Hughton. Where the hell is he?
The only players that have improved are March (but i'd argue he has shown signs for a while that he'd make a good wing back and we're playing to his strengths now, and he is about to hit his prime) and Biss, who was clearly a Worldie from day one.
Dunk is playing the worst he ever has. In his prime.
Maupay has lost confidence. Youngsters like Mac and Molumby are nowhere to be seen, not out on loan, not even playing for the U23s.
Where is the coaching?!
Trossard has gone backwards. Ryan has lost it all together.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The post match and pre match interviews are neither here nor there. They are clearly an inconvenience for potter, and I can see why.
It’s what happens on the match that matters.
And it’s not great

I do agree. It’s conditional they must do them or send someone out to but frankly it’s as rare as a Brighton home win that any manager says anything of interest. I’d have scrapped decades ago.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
An example is Propper surely?
A supremely gifted but frustrating player who seemed slightly shackled under Hughton. Where the hell is he?
The only players that have improved are March (but i'd argue he has shown signs for a while that he'd make a good wing back and we're playing to his strengths now, and he is about to hit his prime) and Biss, who was clearly a Worldie from day one.
Dunk is playing the worst he ever has. In his prime.
Maupay has lost confidence. Youngsters like Mac and Molumby are nowhere to be seen, not out on loan, not even playing for the U23s.
Where is the coaching?!
Trossard has gone backwards. Ryan has lost it all together.

All very good points. And yet still some people won't hear a word against him

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Sense of entitlement is astounding. We take the piss out of other fans with their 'teams like Brighton' stance but we're no better, obviously we should just roll over #teamslikesheffieldunited.
If we can't, we might as well join the Championship now.

Sheffield United doubled their points against us. Everybody else has beaten them, but we can't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports