Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Would like to see all these incorrect calls I've made Vs correct. Probably 50/50. Don't forget I was the one who told NSC that potter was joining Brighton a few days before he did.

Keep digging though !
i mean specifcally the outcome of football matches, not gossip and whatnot

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Blimey. There's a LOT of people still butt-hurt by Potter. Get over yourselves, he did a great job, he left us in FOURTH position FFS. Of course he thought we could compete with the big boys, and we were scoring goals left, right and centre when he left. Who knows where we could have ended up if he stayed, we just don't know how far he could have taken us, I like to think we would have still made Europa League under his tenure.

RDZ would never have come to us without Potter's influence on the team and style of football we were playing.

Personally, for the majority of fans on here who should know better, you're all acting like your 16, still pining over your first love who dumped you.
Not at all, I am glad he gone and don't want him anywhere near this club again or his money grabbing backroom staff.

Potter would not have got us into Europe, we all knew the bubble would burst sitting fourth at the time he left, we all knew that we would go on a run of 5 or 6 games without a win or even a goal. Good coach yeah, some good ideas yeah, some brave tactics, meh.....
He was not the messiah, he was part of our evolution and not his brainchild either, he did a job to get us to the next level, we are here now, and we should thank him, but high praise and rose tinted glasses, no.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Not at all, I am glad he gone and don't want him anywhere near this club again or his money grabbing backroom staff.

Potter would not have got us into Europe, we all knew the bubble would burst sitting fourth at the time he left, we all knew that we would go on a run of 5 or 6 games without a win or even a goal. Good coach yeah, some good ideas yeah, some brave tactics, meh.....
He was not the messiah, he was part of our evolution and not his brainchild either, he did a job to get us to the next level, we are here now, and we should thank him, but high praise and rose tinted glasses, no.
We had really hit our stride and to be fair to Potter, I think we would have been between 6th and 8th but what's 100% certain is that we would not have scored the number of goals we did, have as much fun as we did and have as bright a future as we do under RDZ. Credit where it's due to Potter, he built the foundations and RDZ has elevated it beyond belief.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m not sure that’s how RDZ is measured.
And there was me thinking this was about Potter :rolleyes:

I know you have always been anti, so I can’t blame you for a certain amount of schadenfreude at how badly it has gone for him.

Only a fool would argue that RDZ isn’t a big upgrade….but would he have even considered coming here if Potter hadn’t laid the foundations?

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And I think this is the elephant in the room for Potter lovers. I do admire Potter and am grateful to him, but those results at home made my Albion mojo the lowest it has been probably ever and were it not for the time spent with my sons and brother, I would perhaps have given up my season ticket. Bad fan eh.
Love how we are all so different, makes this place so much more interesting.

Replace Potter with Hughton‘s last six months in your comments and that’s me :lolol:

The anti football and stinking the division out with it was the very worst football experience for me in all the time I’ve followed the Albion. Yes, worse than the war years imo

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Potter would not have got us into Europe
If only two results in 21/22 had changed . (Draws at Leicester and West Ham being converted to wins) - we'd have finished 7th.
RDZ wouldn't have qualified for Europe last season with his results after gameweek 6 - without the 13 points that Potter had racked up before he left. I think we were 8th with all the results post gameweek 6.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If only two results in 21/22 had changed . (Draws at Leicester and West Ham being converted to wins) - we'd have finished 7th.
RDZ wouldn't have qualified for Europe last season with his results after gameweek 6 - without the 13 points that Potter had racked up before he left. I think we were 8th with all the results post gameweek 6.
If's and but's as we both know, If RDZ had pre season with the squad, we may have been looking at Champions League !
If's and but's....

I know, and you know Potters team went long periods of poor frustrating football, and that was because he was cautious, when we were crying out for people to get in the box and be brave, RDZ proved that in his first game with the same squad 3 goals at Liverpool, Potter would have gone there, with a defensive mindset.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t like these bold, controversial statements, free of any evidence or any reasoning. So lazy. Even a simple 'IMO' would help.
Welcome to North Stand Chat :wink:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I wonder whether Potter might be holding out for De Zerbi to move on, and then stage a comeback. He could easily see out this season without a club.
Note: I don't really think this will happen. But I'd be ok with Potter coming back.
Strewth

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Love how we are all so different, makes this place so much more interesting.

Replace Potter with Hughton‘s last six months in your comments and that’s me :lolol:

The anti football and stinking the division out with it was the very worst football experience for me in all the time I’ve followed the Albion. Yes, worse than the war years imo
Laid the foundations - Cashworth had him running scared
Same as Potter laid the foundations - but he was Cashworth's man so didn't get the tintack

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If's and but's as we both know, If RDZ had pre season with the squad, we may have been looking at Champions League !
If's and but's....

I know, and you know Potters team went long periods of poor frustrating football, and that was because he was cautious, when we were crying out for people to get in the box and be brave, RDZ proved that in his first game with the same squad 3 goals at Liverpool, Potter would have gone there, with a defensive mindset.
Potter's time at the Albion was flawed to say the least - who is arguing with that - but who knows whether he would have got us into Europe or not.
He was still a good coach and had a great squad (very different to RDZ) and missed it by points the previous season - its more of a stretch to argue that he wouldn't have done than to argue he would.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I wonder whether Potter might be holding out for De Zerbi to move on, and then stage a comeback. He could easily see out this season without a club.
Note: I don't really think this will happen. But I'd be ok with Potter coming back.
I'm in! But only to watch the revisionists on NSC try to rewrite history once again.

It won't happen of course. Bloom already has the De Zerbi upgrade planned I'm sure. Just imagine how good that person will be!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If all the games in the last match week had been 45 mins long we'd have finished 14th. We can all pick a stat :)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If my granny had balls, she'd be my grandad.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If only 1 result had changed in 21/22, win at home to Brentford to a loss, we would have finished 13th. You also would not have seen a home win after the 3rd home game of the season till the 2nd to last last game of the season,
After 5 games of season 21/22 Potter had us 4th, then went on to only win 3 games of the next 25, including a run of 6 straight defeats, in which we scored one goal, and then ended that losing run with a goalless draw at home against bottom side Norwich. The only other sides to not score against Norwich at home were Burnley and Watford who were also relegated.
I liked him, was pissed off he left, because I felt we had been patient with the results because we could see progress in the performances, and then he f***ed off just when he should have been rewarding our patience, and for that I felt cheated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here