Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think Palace would be a perfect match for both team and manager. And because I've always been emotionally detached from him I wouldn't even care. Would be interesting to see how many of the other snakes would follow him though. Bruno would be a kick in the teeth and the nail in the coffin of affection towards him.
Forget Bruno.
He has tarnished his legacy forever and any affection for him has long since disappeared. He is just as much a snake as any of the others. He kicked us in the teeth. All this...." he didn't really want to go " is nonsense. As all the horses galloped out of town, he was riding alongside them. When the Messiah finally leaves the promised land, I won't shed a tear for any of them.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Can you imagine the huge level of internal stress he'll be experiencing before, during, and hopefully after this match.
"Please, don't let them beat us again, please please please".
I actually don’t think he’s mentally in the right place for the game, as you say he will be so frightened of losing it will affect his line up and tactics.

Stating the bleeding obvious I know but the first goal will be pivotal, we get an early goal and the atmosphere will be more akin to a baying mob when they bring a nonce to court 🙈

Cant wait 😂⚽

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Potter makes a simple game more complicated, by trying to be too clever and overthinking too often. This was misconstrued by the media as flexible and deep thinking strategy. They fell for it. They lapped him up. Youngish. English, articulate. New kid on the block. New focus for them. One of a new breed, destined for the top.
They didn't really stop to examine his record closely at BHA. All you heard was..." what a fantastic job he did "...." he was brilliant at Brighton " The booing at the Amex, when he returned with Chelsea, was totally mis-reported. Apparently, it was disgraceful to treat him that way after all he had done. No mention of the main targets...Cucurella, Gallagher and Ben Roberts at HT. Potter got off very lightly but it fitted the agenda to make out that he was booed endlessly. He had courted and wooed them, they had fallen for him and would not hear a bad word said about him.....and many of the same are keen to give him more time now, despite the toxicity at the Bridge. " He needs time to implement his ideas " " He had all these players dumped on him and he doesn't know his best team yet " Well, if I paid someone north of £10m a year, I would expect him to know his best team pretty damn quickly.
You can recognise an influential manager. You notice changes within the team. Maybe more confidence or certain players upping their game. You can see what they are trying to achieve. A structure. A belief.
Potter is not a clear enough thinker for a job like Chelsea. Players at that level are not taken in by soundbites and platitudes. Potter has a second rate team behind him and this will not help garner respect from elite players. Boehly will look for reasons to keep him but if they have no European football next season, it will be a massive blow. He may already feel that he has made a mistake but he will not want to lose face this early. It was his first big decision and there will be increasing pressure from a disenchanted and demanding fanbase.
His revealed a side of his character at Brighton that was disrespectful and arrogant and it left a sour taste. Some of his utterances now are borne out of desperation and frustration. He is floundering in his big opportunity in life. It is not a comfortable watch. He may be given a few months next season to show improvement but if he is only involved in domestic competition, then he will have to be ripping up trees to survive. There are better teams than Chelsea and better managers than Graham Potter standing in his way.
Same could be said (bit in bold above) for most of NSC :lolol:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Forget Bruno.
He has tarnished his legacy forever and any affection for him has long since disappeared. He is just as much a snake as any of the others. He kicked us in the teeth. All this...." he didn't really want to go " is nonsense. As all the horses galloped out of town, he was riding alongside them. When the Messiah finally leaves the promised land, I won't shed a tear for any of them.
This, he’s dead to me.

Legend? Nowhere near, just a former club employee, who signed, played, got paid but eventually like hundreds/thousands of other Brighton players before him left.

Sir Norman Gall was a guest in The Goldstone Restaurant yesterday, he's everything you want when it comes to an Albion legend.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes - he sounded a right eejit - I think the level of contribution from callers is very inconsistent. I actually think the prog as a whole was better with one ex-pro (Sutton) and a broadcaster eg Ali Bruce Ball - Savage is a bit of a clown imo but maybe just my view
It was excellent last week with Sutton and Aaron Paul. There is a bit too much dicking about when Savage is on. And too much "No, you said they would win it, not can win it". Who f***ing cares what Sutton did or did not predict 3 months ago? I can live with a bit of this, but not if they take their eye off the ball; they let complete oafs babble on for far too long.

There was a starry-eyed Brighton supporter on yesterday whose entire contribution appeared to be "I'm a Brighton supporters, isn't it great!".

When Paul is one there is actually some sensible discussion about football.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This, he’s dead to me.

Legend? Nowhere near, just a former club employee, who signed, played, got paid but eventually like hundreds/thousands of other Brighton players before him left.

Sir Norman Gall was a guest in The Goldstone Restaurant yesterday, he's everything you want when it comes to an Albion legend.
He was dead to you all the time he was here, don’t lie, you have NEVER been a fan :wink:

Or are you talking about “once a seagull, always a seagull“ Bruno? *spit*

Edit, apologies yes you clearly are and I agree with you wholeheartedly

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Crikey. Not confident this will placate the baying masses.

That's the exact point I made about Potter in my earlier post. He tries to make the game a technical analysis where the result is secondary or so it appears.

He constantly played players in weird positions and changed them a few times during the game. March going back to left back towards the end of yesterday's game was for a purpose, there's no way he would start there under RDZ if all the players are fit.

It's interesting that RDZ has "settled" the team down, playing each player in the best position to be effective for the team. Potter never did settle on his team either here or Chelsea. I think he probably worried more about the analysis of the opposition whereas RDZ allows the opposition to worry about us. There are flaws in that as well, yesterday a perfect example with us unable to defend set pieces against a team who are the highest scorers via this method. The fact that RDZ insists we start again playing exactly the same way has so far shown his tactics are ahead of Potter's.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Broadsheets reporting Mount of interest to Liverpool, Man x 2, Bayern. Gallagher a serious target for Liverpool.
What on earth is going on at that club? Sell two of your best academy graduates to teams BETTER than you. Makes no sense.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This, he’s dead to me.

Totally untrue.

Bruno did untold amounts for the city of Brighton and those less fortunate than him, his leaving, does not make that irrelevant, people are so tribal about football, dead to you? Get a grip.

Potter left and he was between a rock and hard place with no guaranteed spot on the new man’s coaching staff (especially given how many RDZ has)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Chelsea unhappy that a manager wants to take his staff from them to his new club

‘Chelsea made clear they were disappointed with Tuchel after their former manager spoke about wanting to work with Barry again. Potter’s predecessor, who was sacked by Chelsea last September, did so again on Friday. Barry has stayed away from training this week.’

Unbelievable 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
JN isn't going anywhere till summer, he won't rush.

I honestly reckon we will end up with Potter, which would annoy me as I don't overly rate him.
Don’t think so - he’s not going to get another big job now. He’s been horrendous at the one big big job he’s had. Nothing about him either - only has his family and a Swedish fanboy with a strange obsession in his corner now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The whole thing is behind a paywall.

1522C32E-5101-4837-8012-F0C517769244.png

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ters-big-regret-turning-his-back-on-brighton/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here