[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Chelsea looking much better in the last 10mins, looking the most likely to score now.
It's a really dirty feeling wanting palace to score.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you're a professional football team and you can't beat a side with Ayew up front and Tomkins at the back then I'm sorry but you deserve all the pelters coming your way.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
0-0 at half time. Hope it stays that way.
Although it would be nice to laugh at another Chelsea defeat, don't really want palace picking up 3 points.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I get no pleasure from seeing that change
Nor me particularly- and edited the emoji to reflect that better - My original ‘😂’ was really aimed at the post by Zebedee to which I was replying, tongue in cheek for his benefit rather than having a personal pop at Potter per se. Ever since GP left, I have not only refrained from denigrating his character but nor have I been negatively and unduly revisionist about his tenure at Brighton (unlike the majority of the more vocal NSCers on numerous threads!) - however, you must admit it’s a lesson in contrast to the ‘easy life’ he claimed to have had at Brighton and the not so easy life it’s turned out to be managing a bunch of entitled and disparate prima donnas at a top tier, ‘Big 6’ club with a long tradition of seeking and buying instant gratification. Looking a bit like a square peg in a round hole to me at the moment but that’s as far as I go. IMO we got the best silver lining one could hope for from him leaving and are doing brilliantly under RDZ - for that I make no apology 🙂

rool

Jul 10, 2003
0-0 at half time. Hope it stays that way.
Although it would be nice to laugh at another Chelsea defeat, don't really want palace picking up 3 points.
A true quandary isn't it with almost no downsides?
Even if Palace win it won't be enough to bring the trolls out considering our success this weekend.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i see Chelsea have signed a striker on a 8 and a half year deal. I can’t recall any player having such a long contract before. Anyone else find this a bit odd?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
i see Chelsea have signed a striker on a 8 and a half year deal. I can’t recall any player having such a long contract before. Anyone else find this a bit odd?
Circa £10m hit on the P&L each year compared to £20m plus on a four year contract.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It’s said to be their strategy now, mainly to protect investment. Cucurella was 6 years I think

rool

Jul 10, 2003
It’s said to be their strategy now, mainly to protect investment. Cucurella was 6 years I think
The possible downside is that it generates a larger loss if the player gets sold cheaply in two or three years.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So apparently the next player is a 75 million bid for caicedo

That would be over 500 million spent in 2 windows and bids going in for a rb still.

Has FFP just completely given up? Or are they still inside it somehow.

The wage bill must be massive.

I imagine there will be a fire sale in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports