Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I’m struggling to get my head around what has been reported on Sky about Potter’s pay off:
”Chelsea would have had to pay an estimated £50m after sacking Graham Potter, but have reached an agreement which avoids a world-record fee.”

If he’s entitled to c.£50m because of the 5 year contract they gave him, why would he accept less ? :shrug:

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
he signed the contract in a bit of a rush - 9am Tuchel fired - 10am call PB - 12noon we tell GP - 3 hours later he's off to Cobham - 3 hours after that has signed - hardly spent weeks arguing about the finer legal points - would be my best guess

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
If he wants all the money then he will be on gardening leave unable to join another club for 4 and a bit years. Chelsea will offer him say 20 mill or what ever to end contact and he can join another team when ever he wants. Win win, Chelsea pay less and potter can take another job within the next 4 and a bit years ie next month if he wants as free agent.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I’m struggling to get my head around what has been reported on Sky about Potter’s pay off:
”Chelsea would have had to pay an estimated £50m after sacking Graham Potter, but have reached an agreement which avoids a world-record fee.”

If he’s entitled to c.£50m because of the 5 year contract they gave him, why would he accept less ? :shrug:
I'm pretty sure there would have been clauses. Boehly is clearly absolutely clueless in terms of running a PL football club, but he is still a successful businessman. Potter was never going to get a 5 year payoff in the event of his inevitable demise.

He'll have done very well out of it, but certainly not to the tune of £50m.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mate do you know how soft that sounds? Adolf Hitler promoted animal welfare and advocated for children, so you would probably have been clamouring to join the SS because he was such a lovely man. Get a f**ing grip!
Although not so much for the Romany children, the handicapped or the mentally disabled ones. I think he poisoned his dog as well.

Other than that though...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mate do you know how soft that sounds? Adolf Hitler promoted animal welfare and advocated for children, so you would probably have been clamouring to join the SS because he was such a lovely man. Get a f**ing grip!
Yes but, unless I fell asleep during a critical news bulletin, Potter hasn't advocated invading Czechoslovakia and exterminating the Jews.

Apart from that, cracking bit of reverse Godwinning. :bowdown:

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
Yes but, unless I fell asleep during a critical news bulletin, Potter hasn't advocated invading Czechoslovakia and exterminating the Jews.

Apart from that, cracking bit of reverse Godwinning. :bowdown:

LOL...I suppose I could have mentioned Vlad the Impaler or Pol Pot but we all reach out for evil old 'dolf occasionally when we're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
LOL...I suppose I could have mentioned Vlad the Impaler or Pol Pot but we all reach out for evil old 'dolf occasionally when we're scraping the bottom of the barrel.
NSC would not be NSC if the bottom of the barrel weren't the go to destination of the cognoscenti :bowdown:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The bar is truly rather low, then, if the definition of a decent bloke is someone who doesn’t abuse refs (and spent a night sleeping “rough”…..even I did that once!).

I’m sure Potter is ok, but I’m not sure I’d trust someone whose judgment was so woeful (taking the Chelsea job), then tried to be someone he wasn’t (fake tan, etc, and faux swearing to fit in with the “lads”).

He needs the time off to re-think who he actually is, and be happy just being Graham Potter.
“Graham potter, you’ll never sing that”

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I
Turned down Leicester already.
Just an unbelievable scenario

How do these sort of clubs survive for ten minutes?

Panic. We’re going down
Sack the manager
Do we have a replacement?
No
Oh, who is available?
Erm
Ooh, Potter has just been sacked
Oh right, quick, offer him the job
He doesn’t want it
Oh FFS
Who else is available?
Erm….

Leicester, Palace, Everton, Southampton, Chelsea have all played out this scenario in the last few weeks. Probably others I’ve forgotten

Just beggars belief - any other business, the shareholders would be ridding themselves of the directors pronto

As has been said so many times, thank God for Lord Tony

As someone above alluded too it'll affect the compensation payout from Chelsea if Potter went straight into another job! Also, he wouldn't want to be managing in the championship next season and perhaps, Potter is too good for a struggling Premier league side?. Yes, he failed at Chelsea but he'll believe he's got a point to prove and want a top 6 type job!
I can see him at Liverpool next season if Klopp decides a mutual exit, if not then Tottenham!

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

'I have to say thanks to Graham Potter' - De Zerbi​

Brighton manager Roberto de Zerbi, who replaced Potter in September, says the Chelsea players must accept some responsibility for their poor results.

"I don't like it when the coaches are sacked because the responsibility is not only of the coaches - [it is also] the players, the club," De Zerbi said.

"I don't like speaking about the other teams and the other coaches, but I'm sorry because when there are these situations - they are sad situations.

"I have a big confidence in myself, but I am lucky to have these players and I have to say thanks to Graham Potter because I found a team with a very good mentality, very good attitude."

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
!
I can see him at Liverpool next season if Klopp decides a mutual exit, if not then Tottenham!
I believe the chances of Potter landing another 'Big 6' job in the near future are almost zero. Although there were mitigating circumstances for his sacking, his reputation is tarnished at least in the immediate future. Liverpool or spurs fans would go nuts if he was suddenly unveiled.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I believe the chances of Potter landing another 'Big 6' your job in the near future are almost zero. Although there were mitigating circumstances for his sacking, his reputation is tarnished at least in the immediate future. Liverpool or spurs fans would go nuts if he was suddenly unveiled.
And the players would be thinking “isn’t that the Chelsea failure”?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here