Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Maxx

Aug 29, 2015
What counties get the PL channel. Often see it mentioned but never seen it anywhere
Australia use the PL channel on Optus Sport I think. Aside from that I believe it's a lot of the Asian and African countries.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Commentary!? Are you on a wind up. I could not imagine anything worse than to listen to his endless platitudes and clichés during commentary. Jesus wept, I hope that never comes to pass.
I meant roles that were not a full-time job like punditry, commentary in writing (I'll bet he could compose some interesting articles) etc, not match commentary. Apologies

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
He's wise to turn down Leicester. His teams require a period of getting used to his playing style, a luxury not afforded with a team fighting relegation at this stage of the season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's wise to turn down Leicester. His teams require a period of getting used to his playing style, a luxury not afforded with a team fighting relegation at this stage of the season.
Agreed. Dropping him into a firefighting role just ain't him, it would be a terrible appointment.

The bloke is now a multi-multi millionaire. Job done. If I were him, I'd be spending the next 3 months getting absolutely SPANNERED in the Maldives on Pina Colada's, whilst watching the Ashes and picking peanuts out of poo. Then see whats about after that. The reality is though, he never needs to work another day in his life, so why jump into another job now ?

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
I was disappointed when Potter left for Chelsea. Thought he was a good coach who took us forward; but equally, benefitted from a thoroughly decent and supportive chairman and fan base.

What killed it for me was that 'If I'd wanted an easy life I'd have stayed at Brighton' comment. That was my "screw you ya disrespectful fud" moment.

He'll doubtless get another prem gig. But he burned his boats as far as I'm concerned.

axscott

Jan 10, 2022
Compensation is apparently £13m, meaning Chelsea spent £34.5m for 6 and a bit months of Graham...

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
What does Bruno mean by this? (BBC)

1680548841737.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I assume this is already here somewhere.

I make no apologies for what must be the 10th posting, all the time it contains this line:-

Instead they hired the managerial equivalent of an extremely practicable zip-up fleece.

Absolutely glorious.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agreed. Dropping him into a firefighting role just ain't him, it would be a terrible appointment.

The bloke is now a multi-multi millionaire. Job done. If I were him, I'd be spending the next 3 months getting absolutely SPANNERED in the Maldives on Pina Colada's, whilst watching the Ashes and picking peanuts out of poo. Then see whats about after that. The reality is though, he never needs to work another day in his life, so why jump into another job now ?
‘Job done?’ - not in the slightest 🤣

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
He spent a night out to highlight homelessness in Brighton, he refuses to abuse referees because he feels he has an obligation to set an example to what is happening at grassroots.

The bar is truly rather low, then, if the definition of a decent bloke is someone who doesn’t abuse refs (and spent a night sleeping “rough”…..even I did that once!).

I’m sure Potter is ok, but I’m not sure I’d trust someone whose judgment was so woeful (taking the Chelsea job), then tried to be someone he wasn’t (fake tan, etc, and faux swearing to fit in with the “lads”).

He needs the time off to re-think who he actually is, and be happy just being Graham Potter.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Agree with all this but what does 'picking peanuts out of poo' mean? I know there are all sorts of curious fetishes around but why would a multi-millionaire indulge in that?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agree with all this but what does 'picking peanuts out of poo' mean? I know there are all sorts of curious fetishes around but why would a multi-millionaire indulge in that?
Just something to do innit. Footballists always have time on their hands.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
He spent a night out to highlight homelessness in Brighton, he refuses to abuse referees because he feels he has an obligation to set an example to what is happening

He spent a night out to highlight homelessness in Brighton, he refuses to abuse referees because he feels he has an obligation to set an example to what is happening at grassroots.

Mate do you know how soft that sounds? Adolf Hitler promoted animal welfare and advocated for children, so you would probably have been clamouring to join the SS because he was such a lovely man. Get a f**ing grip!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here