Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Will be an interesting run to the end of the season and then into the summer. GP will surely wait and bide his time, checking to see who stays up - not that PL is a must? Most of the teams in the relegation fight would be strong contenders in the Championship and promotion would polish any tarnished reputation. West Ham would surely sack Moyes if relegated. Leicester depends on their need for someone to come in immediately. Palace is interesting : if it were the other end of the country, then I would say no, but if he doesn't have to uproot the family then that may be influential given the stress they have been under recently, especially if there is a guaranteed couple of months off for now! Franck and Silva could yet move from Brentford and Fulham, less likely maybe but feasible. Leeds could sack Garcia if relegated! All in all, the immediate jobs are just that.. immediate.. but I suspect a "wait and see" from GP, with a few more choices to come.. for me, anyone but Palace..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Potter will not want to be remembered as the Liz Truss of the Premier League, so it will be interesting to see his next move. If I was him I'd be begging Leicester for the manager's job. A 10-game relegation dogfight will seem like a walk in the park compared to what he has just been through.

I think he'd be a great fit. Leicester's squad is decent and his thing is working one-on-one with a tight squad, the chairman was reluctant to give Rogers money to spend but I don't think he'll need much.

When you have Maddison, Tielemans, Harvey Barnes, Iheanacho, Daka and Vardy you should be staying up, and even if Maddison and Tielemans left in the summer you could see him being in for players like Gallagher, Gilmour, Broja, Lamptey that could make a difference.
Just so long as Harvey Barnes doesn't mind playing at left wingback and Maddison as a False Nine (with Daka, Vardy and Iheanacho on the bench) in a flexible 5-4-1 / 3-6-1 / 4-3-3 depending on whether you're in or out of possession, in front or behind.

What could possibly go wrong.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You piss off the Lizard and rip out the coaching heart of everyone's second favourite club..........

You pay the footballing God's of Karma when they call in your debt.
Apparently Paul Barber told a supporters club meeting he was still in regular contact with Potter and they weren't pissed off with him as a senior management group.

Plus TB knows he's got an upgrade in RDZ.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Will be an interesting run to the end of the season and then into the summer. GP will surely wait and bide his time, checking to see who stays up - not that PL is a must? Most of the teams in the relegation fight would be strong contenders in the Championship and promotion would polish any tarnished reputation. West Ham would surely sack Moyes if relegated. Leicester depends on their need for someone to come in immediately. Palace is interesting : if it were the other end of the country, then I would say no, but if he doesn't have to uproot the family then that may be influential given the stress they have been under recently, especially if there is a guaranteed couple of months off for now! Franck and Silva could yet move from Brentford and Fulham, less likely maybe but feasible. Leeds could sack Garcia if relegated! All in all, the immediate jobs are just that.. immediate.. but I suspect a "wait and see" from GP, with a few more choices to come.. for me, anyone but Palace..
Will be genuinely interesting to see what Hamberg and McCauley do next, if they're not relieved of duties.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Potter will not want to be remembered as the Liz Truss of the Premier League, so it will be interesting to see his next move. If I was him I'd be begging Leicester for the manager's job. A 10-game relegation dogfight will seem like a walk in the park compared to what he has just been through.

I think he'd be a great fit. Leicester's squad is decent and his thing is working one-on-one with a tight squad, the chairman was reluctant to give Rogers money to spend but I don't think he'll need much.

When you have Maddison, Tielemans, Harvey Barnes, Iheanacho, Daka and Vardy you should be staying up, and even if Maddison and Tielemans left in the summer you could see him being in for players like Gallagher, Gilmour, Broja, Lamptey that could make a difference.
I read somewhere last week that Leicester’s priority summer transfer target was Colwill!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I would think Potter is definitely on their radar. They appointed Vieira because they wanted a young progressive manager, I would see Potter being a similar/better type of appointment. It would also have a similar feeling to when they got Murray, and I think they'd love lauding that over us.
Sorry I meant that the thread was full of talk of Potter at palace, so I thought you were being 'funny'.

I would love it if he went there, 50/50 whether he does a good or bad job, but it would spice up our derby no end and also we would have the added pleasure that if things went belly up for him, they would turn on him quickly and the angst would be most enjoyable.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Shock - I hope all the ‘Swanny’ love-in posters who couldn’t see what an arrogant wind up merchant know it all he was realise they were wrong - NSC will be better without him - not doing laughs at my posts now are you Swedey 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 (he will 100% read this)
You really need to give your head a major wobble mate. You were all over that freak a couple of weeks back, extending absurd olive branches and the like. Seriously snide to be taunting him now he no longer has right of reply - which would probably have reduced you to tears :lol:

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You really need to give your head a major wobble mate. You were all over that freak a couple of weeks back, extending absurd olive branches and the like. Seriously snide to be taunting him now he no longer has right of reply - which would probably have reduced you to tears :lol:
🤦🏻‍♂️what a nasty post - uncalled for and totally untrue - weird you get off on this - and nothing of the sort happened to the ‘freak’ - I made him block me.! Give your own head a wobble.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not even gonna bother.
Happy Monday everyone - peace and love 😜

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
🤦🏻‍♂️what a nasty post - uncalled for and totally untrue - weird you get off on this - and nothing of the sort happened to the ‘freak’ - I made him block me.! Give your own head a wobble.
When I said last night that I didn't want this to be another Swansman thread I certainly didn't mean "bicker like toddlers over who hated him most".

Pack it in lads.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When I said last night that I didn't want this to be another Swansman thread I certainly didn't mean "bicker like toddlers over who hated him most".

Pack it in lads.
I certainly haven’t done anything of the sort GB! 👍 Won’t ever take uncalled for abuse anywhere so no regrets in pointing that out. As you were though.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm really trying to feel an ounce of sympathy for the man, but just can't manage it.

Hope he enjoys his massive payout for massively failing. If he actually cared about his career and public image over the money, then another history lesson was needed before taking on that poisoned chalice. Absolute twat of a man with a bewilderingly large ego.

Hope he joins the likes of Christian Gross and Souness in the absolutely woeful managers of yesteryear hall of fame.

Still, I guess we should thank him for f***ing off when he did, that'll go down as his greatest achievement with us.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It has real potential. The HF will have an absolute TANTRUM if Beaky appoints a former Brighton boss. And if we then beat them........
If the Potter thought the reception he got at the Amex when he came back with Chelsea was bad imagine what it would be like if he returned as the Palace manager??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If the Potter thought the reception he got at the Amex when he came back with Chelsea was bad imagine what it would be like if he returned as the Palace manager??
Especially if he pulled off a FFS Murray

Maxx

Aug 29, 2015
Intrigued to know whether Winstanley had a say in Potter losing his job.

Miguel Delaney on Premier League TV earlier suggested he did.

Paul Barber will also be making an appearance on PLTV's version of Monday Night Football later on. Should be interesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here