Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I would think Potter is definitely on their radar. They appointed Vieira because they wanted a young progressive manager, I would see Potter being a similar/better type of appointment. It would also have a similar feeling to when they got Murray, and I think they'd love lauding that over us.
Yes, they do come across as the types who'd enjoy sloppy seconds.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Intrigued to know whether Winstanley had a say in Potter losing his job.

Miguel Delaney on Premier League TV earlier suggested he did.

Paul Barber will also be making an appearance on PLTV's version of Monday Night Football later on. Should be interesting.
I suggest it will be boring rather than interesting. PB will be understandably very supportive with only good things to say about GP. He will not get drawn into making any controversial comments about Chelsea and the sacking….I think :shrug:

Winstanley’s involvement is very interesting though but again I doubt PB will open up

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
They should never have employed him, I can’t think of a single club that was a worse fit for GP
Real Madrid?

Or, more plausibly, Watford. I can see him signing up for a nice long term project there.
Edit: Genuinely, can see him being daft enough to believe Watford if they told him they saw him as manager for the next 5 years.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He's not a decent man. Seven or eight games into a season decent men don't desert a club, its players and its supporters, and take most of the club's key support staff with him. People fall for that hangdog expression and his quiet demeanour, but underneath this false guise there's a black heart.

He spent a night out to highlight homelessness in Brighton, he refuses to abuse referees because he feels he has an obligation to set an example to what is happening at grassroots.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I think we have established beyond doubt that Potter was a mix of good and bad, like the majority of the rest of us. He has paid a heavy personal, if not professional price for bad choices.

I cannot forget the timing and manner of his departure, but then I see everything through the prism of what is good or not for the Albion. I am sure I am not alone in being able to separate Potter the man (who seems a really good guy) and his gut-wrenching behaviour in leaving us in the way and at the time he did to join such a toxic club.

I harbour no ill will towards Potter but hate the sense of entitlement and seemingly limitless financial inducements of the moneybags clubs. They are ruining the Premier League....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They should never have employed him, I can’t think of a single club that was a worse fit for GP
As quite a few said at the time. I was going to say the only worse decision he could make was to jump straight into a relegation threatened team but seeing the post above.

He really needs to wait until summer and look for a long term project again. I suspect he'll show a little more patience/loyalty if he does get another good opportunity :wink:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think we have established beyond doubt that Potter was a mix of good and bad, like the majority of the rest of us. He has paid a heavy personal, if not professional price for bad choices.

I cannot forget the timing and manner of his departure, but then I see everything through the prism of what is good or not for the Albion. I am sure I am not alone in being able to separate Potter the man (who seems a really good guy) and his gut-wrenching behaviour in leaving us in the way and at the time he did to join such a toxic club.

I harbour no ill will towards Potter but hate the sense of entitlement and seemingly limitless financial inducements of the moneybags clubs. They are ruining the Premier League....
They ARE the PL. It was set up by them and to serve their interests. The rest of us are supposed to be cannon fodder and the odds are we will return to being so. I am not actually that bothered about the PL.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Annoyingly, he’s going to get another #teamslikebrighton into the top 10. It could be Leicester but he might go to somewhere like Palace or West Ham. Hopefully, he won’t take too many points off us in the future or perhaps even finish above us managing a club like Wolves or Southampton.
I don't mind if he does OK somewhere, even in the EPL. Simply because we need someone standing in the wings to take over from Southgate, someone who has a lovely beard, an HND in emotion, and knows that it is what it is, when Southgate's bosses finally realize that he will never win anything with kids, adults or geriatrics. And unless Southgate is found hanging out the back of Shergar, we are talking at least another 10 years.

Let's face it, with Southgate, Fat Frank, Steeevie G, Wilder and G-Pott, this is a vintage era for English managers, and they all need to be nurtured.

Therefore I'm hoping that Potter gets the Spurs job.

And there would be a bonus - our chances of finishing above Spurs would increase by 110%.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
He should take a break. Looks like the last few months have not been easy for him. He's in a good position, likely never to need to work full time again and still pick up consultancy/commentary etc.

Maxx

Aug 29, 2015
I suggest it will be boring rather than interesting. PB will be understandably very supportive with only good things to say about GP. He will not get drawn into making any controversial comments about Chelsea and the sacking….I think :shrug:

Winstanley’s involvement is very interesting though but again I doubt PB will open up

Barber's segment is actually nothing to do with the Potter sacking, he's coming on for two parts to talk about the running of the club (his role, recruitment, relationship with managers etc.)

If anyone has IPTV and access to the PL channel he will be on just before 11pm.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
They ARE the PL. It was set up by them and to serve their interests. The rest of us are supposed to be cannon fodder and the odds are we will return to being so. I am not actually that bothered about the PL.
...and that is why I support ANY club rather than the bloated 'big seven', match by match..... and I even include Crystal Palace in that!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If anyone has IPTV and access to the PL channel he will be on just before 11pm.
What counties get the PL channel. Often see it mentioned but never seen it anywhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here