[Albion] Positives from Today (Burnley)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Agree. The first half was awful. Embarrassing that we were served up such boring crap by professional footballers. And what the hell RDZ was doing with Baleba is beyond me. His presence at the back did absolutely nothing to enhance our performance and we looked like a team that had no idea what they were doing. Worst 45 minutes I have seen from Brighton in a very long time.
Funniest post on this thread - well done. :)

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
  • It wasn't boring.
  • We tried hard in the second half
  • RDZ made changes at half time, not sure Potter would have
  • We don't have Potter as a manager
  • Hinshelwood looks very very promising
  • We had 8 minutes of added time, which was fair
  • Adringa had another good game.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Nothing. But if you are happy after that, then I'd question how much you're really bothered.
Different people react differently to bad news. :shrug: Plenty of people have already adjusted themselves to the result while watching the game.
Of course, it's entirely possible that everybody who sits around you is an arsehole and you're the only one who really cares.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the main positive is that we dominated the game with 72% possession and 29 shots, 11 on target. We are still in our groove going into Thursday.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Nothing. But if you are happy after that, then I'd question how much you're really bothered.
No one is happy, we can just all see the bigger picture. We wanted a win but it’s another point and four from two games at a period of the season where we are playing every few days with horrendous injuries. If you can’t win don’t lose.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
With all our injuries and all our games we are still there in the pack, Yes a win would have been nice but a defeat would have been a lot worse.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
We're not at our best at the moment, but still 8th and into the knock out stages of Europe. come on...
Wait till we get Pervis and Enciso back.
To state the obvious ...

After sh!!!ing the bed against teams below us the past couple of months, we won't pick up a heckuva lotta points against the likes of Arsenal unless the list of injured soon shrinks considerably and we have a steady starting XI. Otherwise, it will be a struggle just to reach 50 points, at this rate.

On the brighter side, I'm so used to my North American sports teams underperforming and/or being wracked by injuries that I can shrug off the frustration and disappointment in a matter of minutes. Besides, rooting for perennial winners would be boring!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
To state the obvious ...

After sh!!!ing the bed against teams below us the past couple of months, we won't pick up a heckuva lotta points against the likes of Arsenal unless the list of injured soon shrinks considerably and we have a steady starting XI. Otherwise, it will be a struggle just to reach 50 points, at this rate.

On the brighter side, I'm so used to my North American sports teams underperforming and/or being wracked by injuries that I can shrug off the frustration and disappointment in a matter of minutes. Besides, rooting for perennial winners would be boring!

Disagree.

We struggle far more against teams that sit back than against teams looking to play.

More concerned about playing Palace than I am Arsenal

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I won’t name and shame the pub I had an awful experience with post match.

Another point added from a losing position.

Points added to the board.

We went for for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports