Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Today (Burnley)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
ESU servers said was definitely lamb so avoided it. Screens also said lamb.
Club pre-match email said it was chicken fajita :lol:
Screenshot_20231210_082601_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The guest pie was lamb - lamb kofta - at least mine was.
Had it at the Brentford match and very much hoping it’s still on for Marseille.

Was looking at Piglets website yesterday and nearly ordered a batch of chicken balti pies, stopped myself last minute as it’s a slippery slope

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
From my point of view, and I am avoiding negativity over this team at the moment,.... I am spinning it that it's another game where we haven't lost, another game nearer the return of our walking wounded, another measure of experience for our squad, often in unfamiliar positions.... I am looking into January with those returning and maybe a signing to boost, where this team will tear the rest a new one.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
We played a good second half. Created lots of chances…… :rolleyes:

Who also wasn’t far off scoring a consecutive PL goal with another header over the crossbar. Agree re Gilmour and Igor both looking good.
I thought Hinshelwood looked accomplished at Villa park, despite the shambles of a result..... he is a player that will attract interest in the next few windows, that's for sure....

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Seriously, are you really pee'd off with what is being put in front of you?
It’s the first game I’ve felt really unhappy about, and struggled to find something positive to say. Yes, we scored and didn’t lose. But "it could’ve been even worse" never seems like much of a consolation. The only real positive for me is that the threat of transport chaos kept me away. I stayed at home and watched online. I’m hoping that if we beat Marseille on Thursday, RDZ will get back to playing his strongest XI from the start.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
It's a hugely frustrating result against a team almost certain to be relegated, another failure to convert dominance into points - similar to Sheff Utd and Fulham games. We have some tough fixtures coming up, this was a great opportunity for three points. We were AWFUL for most of the first half, much improved in the second half - but I have no issue about the performance. It's the result that grates. Our fans are far too happy clappy at times.
Agreed. I’m all for looking on the bright side but this one got to me. It’s yet another 2 points squandered in a match against lesser opposition, and I seem to have mislaid my rose-tinted specs this time around. It’s all very well saying "Just remember where we were 25 years ago" but I also want to look at where we would have been had we won at home against Burnley, Sheff Utd and Fulham — in 4th place, 2 points ahead of Man City.

el punal

Given that we're not expecting to beat Burnley (or indeed, anyone), we did enough to have won the game on a different day.
A point is a point.
Good to see us being able to not only compete but just fail to win with a depleted squad, having gone into the break 0 - 1 down, shows great character.
I love our 'never say die' attitude.
There but for the grace of Trafford, we would be 5th for a while - and whom amongst us would be moaning then?
Nah, we're doing fine, in my world.
Exactly to all of that. Yes, a disappointing first half and a much better second. We would surely have won but for Trafford playing out of his skin. And yet, there are fans who really have ideas above their station regarding where we should be. Let’s be realistic, for a club of our stature and from where we’ve come from, we are in an incredible position regardless of the odd, disappointing hiccup. On my way home yesterday I met fans from QPR, Southampton, Brentford, Chelsea and a few more who all were unanimous in the their praise about what a fantastically well run club we have. Let’s all be grateful that we belong to that club.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
They are trying hard, but the reserve team just isn't as good as the first team, and we still can't defend.

It could end up a bad attack of the Southamptons - developing loads of high class players, but eventually selling too many and unable to replace with the same quality.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Exactly to all of that. Yes, a disappointing first half and a much better second. We would surely have won but for Trafford playing out of his skin. And yet, there are fans who really have ideas above their station regarding where we should be. Let’s be realistic, for a club of our stature and from where we’ve come from, we are in an incredible position regardless of the odd, disappointing hiccup. On my way home yesterday I met fans from QPR, Southampton, Brentford, Chelsea and a few more who all were unanimous in the their praise about what a fantastically well run club we have. Let’s all be grateful that we belong to that club.
Trafford didn't play out of his skin - he is a very good goalkeeper who is an expert at stopping shots. Once again, a team has come to the Amex and proved that with a top shot-stopper between the posts they can nick a point from us, sometimes all three.
Sometimes it will feel like they are playing out of their skin, or just inspired - but sometimes being inspired is what makes a good GK.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I dunno, I'm pretty miserable about it, I like winning, I want more winning :)
It’s all about expectations. Burnley have played at the Amex seven times now and get 1 or 3 points every time. I was pleased they only got 1 point this time, as we did also.
Some teams are like that, we always get something against Wolves.

Having said that, the record is there to be broken, so next season, we thump Burnley.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It’s all about expectations. Burnley have played at the Amex seven times now and get 1 or 3 points every time. I was pleased they only got 1 point this time, as we did also.

Having said that, the record is there to be broken, so next season, we thump Burnley.
Has the draw for the cup been made already then?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

I don’t like these stats about certain clubs having a good or bad record going back through their history. This is a totally different team, style, coach from all those previous times. There’s no causal link between a match in previous years with a match today.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don’t like these stats about certain clubs having a good or bad record going back through their history. This is a totally different team, style, coach from all those previous times. There’s no causal link between a match in previous years with a match today.
There isn’t a link except the results. That’s why people call them a bogey team.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It’s all very well saying "Just remember where we were 25 years ago" but I also want to look at where we would have been had we won at home against Burnley, Sheff Utd and Fulham — in 4th place, 2 points ahead of Man City.
Yeah, exactly this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here