Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pompey

D

Deleted member 2719

that's not the point
regards
DR

Yes it is exactly the point, with the success of the prem and the FA cup they have built up their hardcore. With any luck it will wither if they stay a few season down there, i so hope they take a good spanking this year.

D

Deleted member 2719

Living on the isle of wight used to see quite a few wearing Pompey shirts on a Saturday a few years ago but they are a dying breed now.

Yep around Chi i haven't seen one since there relegation, good times eh.

:rave:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Living on the isle of wight used to see quite a few wearing Pompey shirts on a Saturday a few years ago but they are a dying breed now.
I was on the Island last Wk End and saw a fair few out and about,quite why you'd wear a Football Shirt in this heat amazes me.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Simply saying that they shouldnt be in a position to SIGN 10 players an embargo against signing any players should have been placed on them.

Of course they should. When considering how Rangers were dealt with in Scotland, Portsmouth have escaped extremely lightly.

Effectively their success was down to cheating and whilst that is not their supporters fault, it happened.

Personally I think the FA should have thrown them out and let them rebuild from the Conference, or, place an embargo on them and start them on minus 25 points for the start of this season in league 2 (as per Luton).

I am pleased they have new owners, but I am sure a lot of teams supporters will feel pretty upset......

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Simply saying that they shouldnt be in a position to SIGN 10 players an embargo against signing any players should have been placed on them.

Of course they should. When considering how Rangers were dealt with in Scotland, Portsmouth have escaped extremely lightly.

Effectively their success was down to cheating and whilst that is not their supporters fault, it happened.

Personally I think the FA should have thrown them out and let them rebuild from the Conference, or, place an embargo on them and start them on minus 25 points for the start of this season in league 2 (as per Luton).

I am pleased they have new owners, but I am sure a lot of teams supporters will feel pretty upset......

Whatever the punishment or league you stick them in, there seems little point if they don't have a team.

What do you expect them to do, start with 8 players on the field ???

I do agree that they could have been chucked from the league, but that is a different argument...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Whatever the punishment or league you stick them in, there seems little point if they don't have a team.

What do you expect them to do, start with 8 players on the field ???

I do agree that they could have been chucked from the league, but that is a different argument...

They fulfill their fixtures with youth players, there's a whole world of difference between nurturing their youth team (which incidentally may put them in a stronger position going forward), and signing players, paying agents fee's, signing on fee's etc.... whilst local businesses suffer are left with partially settled debt. Rangers didn't do too bad under a similar restriction and as per my post the Luton supporters must be seething....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Charlie Oatway Jnr is on trial there at the mo

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
heard they've sold 8k season tickets for league 2 football , not a bad effort, can't imagine the jcl's on here hanging around IF WE WERE IN THE SAME PREDICAMENT ................... discuss???
regards
DR

I remember plenty of plus 8k crowds when we were bottom of the football league at the Goldstone

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They fulfill their fixtures with youth players, there's a whole world of difference between nurturing their youth team (which incidentally may put them in a stronger position going forward), and signing players, paying agents fee's, signing on fee's etc.... whilst local businesses suffer are left with partially settled debt. Rangers didn't do too bad under a similar restriction and as per my post the Luton supporters must be seething....

Luton Town's financial irregularities were different from going into administration (which they had done previously). The two punishments aren't comparable really as it's 2 different situations.

Rangers is also different in that they never reached an agreement with creditors and went under completely and were liquidated - hence the embargo under SFA rules, they wouldn't have had this had they come out of administration.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Luton Town's financial irregularities were different from going into administration (which they had done previously). The two punishments aren't comparable really as it's 2 different situations.

Rangers is also different in that they never reached an agreement with creditors and went under completely and were liquidated - hence the embargo under SFA rules, they wouldn't have had this had they come out of administration.
In the same season that Luton started on minus 30 both Bournemouth and Rotherham started on minus 17 because they had gone into a 2nd administration within a few years. The FA seems to make up the level of punishment as it goes along.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
In the same season that Luton started on minus 30 both Bournemouth and Rotherham started on minus 17 because they had gone into a 2nd administration within a few years. The FA seems to make up the level of punishment as it goes along.

Yep the FA certainly wanted Luton out and certainly wanted us (AFCB) to suffer too, gladly we managed to annoy them and stay up - and get promoted the year after.

Know a few Luton fans and the simmering anger still burns! I agree Pompey will get up to 10k season tickets, but for Luton to still get upto around 5-6k is a great effort, in that lovely ground too :eek:

Hopefully Luton will get back in the league - and some of these non league teams like Stevenage and Crawley will go back to where they belong :wink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yep the FA certainly wanted Luton out and certainly wanted us (AFCB) to suffer too, gladly we managed to annoy them and stay up - and get promoted the year after.

Know a few Luton fans and the simmering anger still burns! I agree Pompey will get up to 10k season tickets, but for Luton to still get upto around 5-6k is a great effort, in that lovely ground too :eek:

Hopefully Luton will get back in the league - and some of these non league teams like Stevenage and Crawley will go back to where they belong :wink:
Personally I'm enjoying seeing Lootown in the doldrums for all this time. Tin-pot non-league pikey c*nts.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Anyone suggesting getting 8,000 season ticket holders in that division is being overally critical because it is Pompey.

And who is to say they won't get crowds approaching double that or more once away fans and match by match fans are taken into account?

Portsmouth, for the time being at least, deserve our support and respect. Not mockery.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Portsmouth, for the time being at least, deserve our support and respect. Not mockery.

All the time the fans are the driving force, and they are doing things the right way, within their means, then they will have my respect. They will never, ever, have my support. I hope they lose every single match they ever play.

Unless its against Palace, when they can draw 0-0.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

The behaviour of the majority of their neanderthal fans at the Amex - with the non-stop, incessant homophobic abuse and gloating renditions of "F-ALL, YOU'VE NEVER WON F-ALL" (despite the fact their grubby football club cheated its way to 2 Cup Finals and 8 years in the Prem) means that forever more, Portsmouth FC, its players, fans, sponsors, affiliates, and Fred cuffing Dinage can all DO ONE.

Dispicable arsewipe of a club with a hefty number of CJTC's as fans.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The behaviour of the majority of their neanderthal fans at the Amex - with the non-stop, incessant homophobic abuse and gloating renditions of "F-ALL, YOU'VE NEVER WON F-ALL" (despite the fact their grubby football club cheated its way to 2 Cup Finals and 8 years in the Prem) means that forever more, Portsmouth FC, its players, fans, sponsors, affiliates, and Fred cuffing Dinage can all DO ONE.

Dispicable arsewipe of a club with a hefty number of CJTC's as fans.

Well that saved some typing. THIS!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I understand that, but your original point related to the fulfillment of fixtures and I have merely pointed out a precedent that has been used in other situations on teams. Given that Portsmouth (until now hopefully), had been run in an appalling manner, regardless of ownership issues, a harsher penalty should have been applied and at the very least an embargo for at least 12 months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here