Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pompey

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
8,000 season tickets in their situation really isn't all that impressive. New fan ownership, returning feel-good factor, cheap season tickets and so on.

Anyway I'm pleased to say they still have a shit ground and a shit team. Hopefully they'll be stuck down there for a couple of years and we'll see 6,000 rattling around in their 50 year old shed.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We'd still do alright for fans, huge catchment area for us and many would still go,true fans who couldn't get to watch at Withdean. Don't worry yourself too much, it's bad for you.

That is actually a quite interesting argument as when we were at withdean we only sold out a few times. So were all the extra 20 thousand people who now come to the Amex not able to go to withdean.

They were able to go to the playoff final. But didn't feel the club warranted support at withdean?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
That is actually a quite interesting argument as when we were at withdean we only sold out a few times. So were all the extra 20 thousand people who now come to the Amex not able to go to withdean.

They were able to go to the playoff final. But didn't feel the club warranted support at withdean?

Well, on numerous occasions when I wanted to go to Withdean I would 'phone up,albeit probably on a friday or saturday morning only to be told that no tickets were available. Given that it's 45 miles from where I live it really wasn't realistic to just travel down and try to get a couple of "no - shows " from the ticket collection office. On that basis I feel that our support would continue to be very good at the AMEX. Equally I conceed that a proportion of so called JCL's would lose interest and fade away, flipping glory hunters eh?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Mainly non-league players, youth and trialists. Why do people have to make conclusions without any proper info.!?

Two 21 year old players from Hull , John Sullivan (13 appearances in goal for The Albion) , a couple of League 1 players , a couple of League 2 players , a player from Monaco reserves and ONE non league player from Barnet plus FOUR youth players (one reserve who is 17 and 3 U18's)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Quite simply those 20,000 or so had left the club a long time prior to the Albion playing at Withdean. The crowds at the Goldstone were very average the last few seasons and then there was the exile at Gillingham slimming this number down even more. Pompey fans are simply carrying on from they left off, the situations are hardly comparable.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Luton have been mentioned a couple of times.

They have sold 5-6k season tickets again for the upcoming season. More impressive than Pompey's 8K I would say!

D

Deleted member 22389

They have sold 5-6k season tickets again for the upcoming season. More impressive than Pompey's 8K I would say!

I agree. They will get back to the league eventually. Hopefully that dunstable luton bus way thing will be complete soon otherwise it is going to be a complete nightmare for supporters getting in and out of the ground.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Pompey are adding at 500 per week, it'll reach 10 or 11 leaving Luton way behind I'm afraid

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
They have a decent sized fanbase area, though their lost fans has been Albion's gain.

Should we ever fall on hard times again, we would probably reach over 10k STHs.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Two 21 year old players from Hull , John Sullivan (13 appearances in goal for The Albion) , a couple of League 1 players , a couple of League 2 players , a player from Monaco reserves and ONE non league player from Barnet plus FOUR youth players (one reserve who is 17 and 3 U18's)

All of them free transfers...

The non league players and trialists were on show at Havant, so their transfers probably haven't appeared on whatever site you went to get your info from. :wink:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
All of them free transfers...

The non league players and trialists were on show at Havant, so their transfers probably haven't appeared on whatever site you went to get your info from. :wink:

I was replying to your reply to BG's post (post #43) , no doubt they will still need some more players but won't be paying out any transfer fees :lol:

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Perhaps they should keep half the gate receipts instead of giving it all to the hawks and hand it to the businesses and people they shafted who were trying to make an honest living .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Perhaps they should keep half the gate receipts instead of giving it all to the hawks and hand it to the businesses and people they shafted who were trying to make an honest living .

Why would they do that ? Pompey are the Palace of the South Coast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here