Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Police call for cocaine users to be banned from football after Euros mayhem

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Alcohol’s ‘funny’ in that the vast majority of people don’t get aggressive with it, or feel like they want to fight the police and the world. Then for a not insignificant minority, they turn on their mate, spouse or coward’s punch a stranger because they didn’t pull that evening.

I think you’ll find that it’s a very similar scenario for cocaine. Swathes of middle class middle aged people taking it at their dinner/house parties week in week out and there is no violence whatsoever. In fact it’s probably exactly the same people causing trouble that would if they were just drunk.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
How old is the “older generation” in your opinion? I think it’s fair to say that a very large number of 45-60 year olds were part of the original rave generation and subsequent dance scene so it certainly wouldn’t be uncommon or surprising for any of them. In fact if anything I’m suprised at how lightweight the youth are these days with their prolific use age of balloons [emoji23].

:)

So true.

Balloons = Pathetic and embarrassing to us 'oldies' who did it 'proper' back in the day (although pills - ecstasy - and football didn't really mix, but that's a thread for another day. Certainly didn't turn me into a d1ck at the football, like coke apparently does to many nowadays)

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I don’t think a lot of the older generation realise just how common cocaine is nowadays. I can safely say that it’s rampant in youth culture and that includes the north stand at Brighton games. Ridiculously easy to get hold of now and completely rampant in a lot of situations.

As a member of the older generation I am going to say something which is very older generation - Why are people such idiots that they need to take drugs or excess alcohol to enjoy something ? :shrug:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Maybe they should take MDMA. That would be interesting. It would be one great love in.

'The referee's made an honest mistake..'

'Your support is very good'

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As a member of the older generation I am going to say something which is very older generation - Why are people such idiots that they need to take drugs or excess alcohol to enjoy something ? :shrug:

That would be an ecumenical matter.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Alcohol’s ‘funny’ in that the vast majority of people don’t get aggressive with it, or feel like they want to fight the police and the world. Then for a not insignificant minority, they turn on their mate, spouse or coward’s punch a stranger because they didn’t pull that evening.

The police on R5/LBC were asked pre-lockdown as to why there’s been an increased level of violence towards the emergency services in recent years. They put that change down to:
- much wider use of certain narcotics, and;
- many young people have now dabbled or are dabbling in a wide array of martial sports such as MMA.

A combination of the coke or ice or meth/speed, and some fight training, making ********s want to fight someone.

I can hand on heart say that I only know two people who get ‘fighty’ after a couple of lines, both of them aggressive idiots when they’re sober too. Cocaine doesn’t make people angry, it gives angry people an excuse to be angry.

Most people after a line will just talk absolute guff at you for a while, make plans that they won’t remember in the morning and offer you a dabble of what they’re on or get you a pint.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Having a good time? At the same time that a good-time Charlie is snorting a line of coke in the pub bogs someone in Colombia or Mexico is being murdered in never ending drug wars. The price of cocaine is paid with blood, and if you are an end-user a splash of that blood is on your hands. Sorry, it's just a fact.
It isn't 'just' a fact. It's always more complicated than that. It's possible to synthetically make without coca leaves but arguably due to It's illegality there is little motivation to develop this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s everywhere…. It’s cheaper now than it was 25 years ago…. Audit not as good but there are some conscientious dealers about.

As Mike Skinner said, 25 years ago it was Duran Duran and super models….now it’s brickies in pubs. Or something similar.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Alcohol’s ‘funny’ in that the vast majority of people don’t get aggressive with it, or feel like they want to fight the police and the world.

This is a sociological effect, rather than chemical.

When I hang out with my clubbing mates we'll have a few beers and a bit of packet, nobody gets violent or acts like an ********, we just have a nice chat about music and our lives.

In different circumstances some of the football lads I know are a bit more rowdy. In both cases the personality wasn't changed by the line, it was just 10% more animated, could drink a bit more and less likely to get tired!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It’s a good question.

Talking from a personal point of view I’ve got 5 or 6 numbers on my phone, all of whom will drive to wherever you are to drop. Some of these are one bloke who works alone and will reply if he can be arsed to work, whilst some of them have an army of drivers who have proper working hours and shift patterns. It does baffle me how some of them never get caught. It really is baffling that an illegal substance will be delivered to my door quicker than most takeaways.

I think it’s a case of police knowing they can never stop low level stuff, so not paying too much attention unless it’s cherry picking someone who makes it really obvious and focusing their real effort on the people higher up the ladder which obviously takes more effort for a big reward.

Am I the only one slowly shaking my head at this?

Or am I the only one who doesn’t think this is right or the done thing to be bragging about here?

D

Deleted member 2719

Totally agree with you. I feel we have many poster who feel the need to use stuff. I have always taken the view the only high that is okay, is a controlled one that has benefits as you do it and
that high is, playing sport.

I used to manage a guy who was paranoid because of the years of indian stuff he had taken. I always gave him space to cool his muddled head. He once threatened to lay me out, he did not last long surprisingly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here