Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Police call for cocaine users to be banned from football after Euros mayhem

Stumpy Tim

Having a good time? At the same time that a good-time Charlie is snorting a line of coke in the pub bogs someone in Colombia or Mexico is being murdered in never ending drug wars. The price of cocaine is paid with blood, and if you are an end-user a splash of that blood is on your hands. Sorry, it's just a fact.

You are of course correct, though the ridiculous "war on drugs" is the real problem here. Prohibition hasn't worked for anyone. A strictly controlled legalisation seems more sensible to me to be honest... ensure the quality and tax it.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Stupid question being a bit naive about these things, but if it's so easy to get hold of doesn't that make finding the dealers easy for the police too?

It’s a good question.

Talking from a personal point of view I’ve got 5 or 6 numbers on my phone, all of whom will drive to wherever you are to drop. Some of these are one bloke who works alone and will reply if he can be arsed to work, whilst some of them have an army of drivers who have proper working hours and shift patterns. It does baffle me how some of them never get caught. It really is baffling that an illegal substance will be delivered to my door quicker than most takeaways.

I think it’s a case of police knowing they can never stop low level stuff, so not paying too much attention unless it’s cherry picking someone who makes it really obvious and focusing their real effort on the people higher up the ladder which obviously takes more effort for a big reward.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Having a good time? At the same time that a good-time Charlie is snorting a line of coke in the pub bogs someone in Colombia or Mexico is being murdered in never ending drug wars. The price of cocaine is paid with blood, and if you are an end-user a splash of that blood is on your hands. Sorry, it's just a fact.

Should legalise it then?

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
So how are plod planning to screen the fans?

Ask them at the turnstiles? If so, remember Zammo and just say no.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think after tests in the 1901 restrooms among other things Cocaine was found on some of cubicles, can’t remember when maybe a couple of years ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Three/four years ago the police sent sniffer dogs in to the 1901

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don’t think a lot of the older generation realise just how common cocaine is nowadays. I can safely say that it’s rampant in youth culture and that includes the north stand at Brighton games. Ridiculously easy to get hold of now and completely rampant in a lot of situations.

This is true. Personally I don’t much care for Charley at football but it is everywhere. I’ve thrown several people out of the line for a cubicle ……………. Or is it the cubicle for a line….. at the Amex.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Regular cocaine use destroys the structure of the nose. Ingesting the devastating chemical and unknown shit added by the traffickers and pushers.

Regarding the violence, police have talked about this for a while. Along with other drugs, takers thing they’re supermen.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seriously? I must be naive on drugs then. I would have have put it nearer 1 in 500.:shrug:

Out of a crowd of 30,000 that would be only 60 people. So of 90,000 that's 180. Read some of the stories online about Wembley even if you don't know what you're looking for at the Amex.

I would say VERY naïve.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

A consequence of prohibition though. The Cartels in South America fund the politicians that keep it illegal, so they can keep their black market. Gang murders in London and elsewhere are largely associated with the drug trade too. So if you vote for politicians that refuse to rationalise the legality of drug use, there is a little splash on you too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You are of course correct, though the ridiculous "war on drugs" is the real problem here. Prohibition hasn't worked for anyone. A strictly controlled legalisation seems more sensible to me to be honest... ensure the quality and tax it.

The war on drugs is utterly bizarre. The US has spent well over a trillion dollars, and decades of time, on this…with absolutely no return. At what point will it be canned? No other policy, with such abject failure, would get anywhere near this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Regular cocaine use destroys the structure of the nose. Ingesting the devastating chemical and unknown shit added by the traffickers and pushers.

Regarding the violence, police have talked about this for a while. Along with other drugs, takers thing they’re supermen.

This reminds me of a story. I was once walking at the top of Osborne Villas mid afternoon and I saw a guy doing a line in the phone box there. He stepped out and did a clenched fist flying pose and shouted “Superman!” at me then scuttled off. Mildly amusing at the time.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You suggest just wagging your finger at them for using a class A drug?

At football or in general? At football it probably is about as bad as fans who are absolutely ruined on booze. Probably should get kicked out, maybe even a caution but the suggestion that they should get a custodial sentence is insane.

In society criminalisation of drugs is an unmitigated disaster and has claimed untold misery in terms of underworld violence and end user safety that a legalised and safe system would prevent.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes sounds like Alcohol?

Alcohol’s ‘funny’ in that the vast majority of people don’t get aggressive with it, or feel like they want to fight the police and the world. Then for a not insignificant minority, they turn on their mate, spouse or coward’s punch a stranger because they didn’t pull that evening.

The police on R5/LBC were asked pre-lockdown as to why there’s been an increased level of violence towards the emergency services in recent years. They put that change down to:
- much wider use of certain narcotics, and;
- many young people have now dabbled or are dabbling in a wide array of martial sports such as MMA.

A combination of the coke or ice or meth/speed, and some fight training, making ********s want to fight someone.

D

Deleted member 2719

Out of a crowd of 30,000 that would be only 60 people. So of 90,000 that's 180. Read some of the stories online about Wembley even if you don't know what you're looking for at the Amex.

I would say VERY naïve.
I am happy to admit it. I like to have a clear head in life and do not understand why people do it. No doubt you will know, please give me some knowledge on this topic.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We can all be as moral about the use of cocaine as we like but it is never gonna stop. It's been around for hundreds of years and is now rampant amongst the younger generation. The Genie isn't going back in the bottle now.

In my Youth got pissed up on beer and buckfast coz " Buckie " got you drunk quickly. Cocaine does that nowadays for the youngsters.

I saw Police with Sniffer Dogs at London Bridge identifying people with Drugs going to Millwall match and the dogs were busier than the trains.

I have no Idea what the solution would be and neither does the Government or the Police. This story all it does is tell everyone what goes on at football matches to those who don't go to football matches.

Everyone who goes to football matches already knew about it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not just youth culture to be fair. It's entrenched in the middle-aged middle-class culture too IMO

It’s everywhere…. It’s cheaper now than it was 25 years ago…. Audit not as good but there are some conscientious dealers about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here