Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Police call for cocaine users to be banned from football after Euros mayhem

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It doesn’t. It just gives c*nts an excuse to act like c*nts.

:shrug:

I’m sorry if you think I’m bragging, it certainly wasn’t my intention.

If I have knowledge about something that’s being discussed on here I try to put across rational, informative posts and if I don’t then I normally keep my mouth shut. Unfortunately for me Pokemon, Law & Order SVU and The Simpsons aren’t common topics on here so my useful insight boils down to Hip-Hop & Cocaine.

The post you quoted was a reply to someone who couldn’t understand how it’s so available so I was just trying to explain the situation and how dealers work as a rule, I’m sorry if it seemed like I was bragging.

Thank you. I find your posts very informative. I live in a very different world I think but that doesn’t mean I’m not interested in yours.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just to correct any confusion, I was never a warranted officer, but an intelligence officer, as I have said in another reply my last role with The Met was to analyse social media posts in an attempt to build a picture of various problems that would come to our attention.

As for the War on Drugs, that is a politicised phrase used by those that don’t really understand, or need to serve their masters!

Fair enough on the first paragraph. I kind of saw that after I posted as we were posting at similar times.

Re para 2 - yes I know. I would go as far as to say it's a pointless political phrase used to keep the likes of Mouldy from shitting a brick every time they smell a spliff. The War On Drugs are a great band. The actual war on drugs is a futile exercise carried out exactly for a political reason. Now it looks like next season you'll have the Albion checking you've had drugs such as a vaccination administered to you before you can go in and maybe they'll set a drug dog on you for chang, before selling you a legal drug that turns you into an a-hole and wrecks families on the concourse.

Very moral.

D

Deleted member 2719

Ah, that's easy. Not everyone thinks like you. That's basically why many consider you the board idiot and your neighbours talk about you on Twitter.

There's a bit more to life than your experiences.
Everyone? Or the blowing smoke gang? And sucking it, by the sounds of it. The neighbour is one of the woke lefties, that will whine about anything and everything. Sussed her within minutes of moving in. Husband pretends he is squeaky clean but, nips over the hedge to nick another neighbour spare fence panel. She sits a home all day moaning on twitter. What has the world come to.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Fair enough on the first paragraph. I kind of saw that after I posted as we were posting at similar times.

Re para 2 - yes I know. I would go as far as to say it's a pointless political phrase used to keep the likes of Mouldy from shitting a brick every time they smell a spliff. The War On Drugs are a great band. The actual war on drugs is a futile exercise carried out exactly for a political reason. Now it looks like next season you'll have the Albion checking you've had drugs such as a vaccination administered to you before you can go in and maybe they'll set a drug dog on you for chang, before selling you a legal drug that turns you into an a-hole and wrecks families on the concourse.

Very moral.

Problem is, you can only fight crime if it is a crime... lots of legal things wreck families, but as law enforcement it’s difficult to target things that aren’t illegal...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Everyone? Or the blowing smoke gang? And sucking it, by the sounds of it. The neighbour is one of the woke lefties, that will whine about anything and everything. Sussed her within minutes of moving in. Husband pretends he is squeaky clean but, nips over the hedge to nick another neighbour spare fence panel. She sits a home all day moaning on twitter. What has the world come to.

Ah, Mouldy, I love you really. You truly are an enema.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
What goes up, must come down.

I am glad I left that scene behind 15 or so years ago — some cracking nights though, you’ve just got to know when enough is enough, unfortunately not too many people do.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I think your neighbour has it sussed. You can reach a far larger audience sitting at home moaning in Twitter than NSC.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Hhmmm, there’s a good topic for another thread...!

Is it though?

What seems to have caused this is people acting like a-holes (at the first England final for 55 years having been restricted for the previous 16 months). Should we differentiate between people who act like this sober, people who act like this after a few pints and people who act like this after a combination of lots of alcohol and some coke? Surely a bellend is a bellend, a flare is a flare, a streaker is a streaker, a fight is a fight?

D

Deleted member 2719

I think your neighbour has it sussed. You can reach a far larger audience sitting at home moaning in Twitter than NSC.

Not sure she has.

If she is looking to be the next Greta, maybe.

My motive is just to level up nsc, she just wants to potentially upset friends.

I never talk politics on main social media, why would you?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Is it though?

What seems to have caused this is people acting like a-holes (at the first England final for 55 years having been restricted for the previous 16 months). Should we differentiate between people who act like this sober, people who act like this after a few pints and people who act like this after a combination of lots of alcohol and some coke? Surely a bellend is a bellend, a flare is a flare, a streaker is a streaker, a fight is a fight?

With the obvious exception of bellend all the things you mention are clearly illegal and I’m not sure you would get any different sentence for letting of a flair drunk as opposed to coked up - if you were in possession that may be a different matter!

Anyway, I’m not defending or criticising anyone - I just queried what seemed, to me, an over exuberance to “share”...

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
No worries - must just be the former police side to my life that made me find it strange that someone would talk so openly about their drug habit on an open forum?

Now The Simpsons - Apu, racist or not? :)

Because controversial issues should be spoken about openly, IMO.

Cocaine is ridiculously common now. I’d say over half the lads in this country aged 20-30 have tried it at least once and that’s me trying to take in to consideration that a lot of areas might not be as liberal as Brighton. From my experience it’s much, much higher than that. For example in that demographic at an away day I wouldn’t be surprised if the number was closer to 80%. It’s a lot less common in girls of the same age but it still happens quite a lot. I’ve seen people I know who are doctors, teachers & nurses railing back lines like it’s nothing. If I was in to hyperbolic nonsense I’d say it’s a pandemic.

Saying we can’t talk about it doesn’t make the situation better, as a country we need to have a serious talk about what we do about drugs. If Bozza doesn’t want me talking openly about it then obviously he’s free to delete the posts or tto ban me, but I’m happy to talk about it openly because I think it helps if everyone realises the situation we’re at as a country. For example, twice over the EURO’s I was in Shoreham and wanted a bag in for an England game. Both times I text different dealers and both times I’d had it dropped off within half an hour of sending a text out. At another point in the tournament I was sitting in the smoking garden of another pub with a couple of mates when somebody we didn’t know came up to us and offered to sell us some.

The bit about having 6 numbers wasn’t to brag, it was just trying to show how f*cked the situation is. Obviously I don’t know how people on the other side of this debate see it, but I imagine they think it’s dodgy meetings in an alley and needing to know someone who knows someone. It isn’t. I compared it to takeaways earlier partly because it is genuinely that easy to get it delivered, but also because you get bombarded with texts offering deals, extended opening hours, ‘funny’ texts to tempt you in etc. I had one guy (who was a complete idiot and I’m 99% sure was caught and arrested) send me a f*cking E-Christmas Card one year ffs!

As I said, I’m not saying this to brag. I wish I didn’t have the thought cross my mind every time I’ve had a couple of beers, it’s a bloody expensive habit. But I’m happy to talk openly about it because I know people hooked on it who feel they can’t come forward and get help because of the stigma. I’m happy to talk about drugs because every year young people go to festivals, buy dodgy pills and die whilst drug testing facilities could be saving lives. I’m happy to talk about it because people still believe the rumours of it turning people in to raged up idiots looking for a fight and then drop their kid off to school to be taught by that teacher they really like who unbeknown to them was sniffing 36 hours ago. Over the last half decade we’ve lost the ability to debate as a nation. Brexit, politics, racism - you name it. I just try and bring debates back... over slightly less serious topics :lolol:

Oh and I don’t think there was an intention to be racist when it started, but when a show becomes so big that it ends up creating racist stereotypes and catchphrases then something needs to change.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Because controversial issues should be spoken about openly, IMO.

Cocaine is ridiculously common now. I’d say over half the lads in this country aged 20-30 have tried it at least once and that’s me trying to take in to consideration that a lot of areas might not be as liberal as Brighton. From my experience it’s much, much higher than that. For example in that demographic at an away day I wouldn’t be surprised if the number was closer to 80%. It’s a lot less common in girls of the same age but it still happens quite a lot. I’ve seen people I know who are doctors, teachers & nurses railing back lines like it’s nothing. If I was in to hyperbolic nonsense I’d say it’s a pandemic.

Saying we can’t talk about it doesn’t make the situation better, as a country we need to have a serious talk about what we do about drugs. If Bozza doesn’t want me talking openly about it then obviously he’s free to delete the posts or tto ban me, but I’m happy to talk about it openly because I think it helps if everyone realises the situation we’re at as a country. For example, twice over the EURO’s I was in Shoreham and wanted a bag in for an England game. Both times I text different dealers and both times I’d had it dropped off within half an hour of sending a text out. At another point in the tournament I was sitting in the smoking garden of another pub with a couple of mates when somebody we didn’t know came up to us and offered to sell us some.

The bit about having 6 numbers wasn’t to brag, it was just trying to show how f*cked the situation is. Obviously I don’t know how people on the other side of this debate see it, but I imagine they think it’s dodgy meetings in an alley and needing to know someone who knows someone. It isn’t. I compared it to takeaways earlier partly because it is genuinely that easy to get it delivered, but also because you get bombarded with texts offering deals, extended opening hours, ‘funny’ texts to tempt you in etc. I had one guy (who was a complete idiot and I’m 99% sure was caught and arrested) send me a f*cking E-Christmas Card one year ffs!

As I said, I’m not saying this to brag. I wish I didn’t have the thought cross my mind every time I’ve had a couple of beers, it’s a bloody expensive habit. But I’m happy to talk openly about it because I know people hooked on it who feel they can’t come forward and get help because of the stigma. I’m happy to talk about drugs because every year young people go to festivals, buy dodgy pills and die whilst drug testing facilities could be saving lives. I’m happy to talk about it because people still believe the rumours of it turning people in to raged up idiots looking for a fight and then drop their kid off to school to be taught by that teacher they really like who unbeknown to them was sniffing 36 hours ago. Over the last half decade we’ve lost the ability to debate as a nation. Brexit, politics, racism - you name it. I just try and bring debates back... over slightly less serious topics :lolol:

Oh and I don’t think there was an intention to be racist when it started, but when a show becomes so big that it ends up creating racist stereotypes and catchphrases then something needs to change.

Now that is genuinely funny.

Like I said, I wasn’t being critical, everyone has their own lives to lead, just thought it potentially put you at risk...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Is it though?

Isn’t it obvious that people are more likely to behave like a-holes at a football match if they are under the influence of something - alcohol, Coke or whatever?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was at University in Manchester during the "Madchester" times, technically a bit later than the NME would say but early 90s.

Everyone was doing pretty much everything. I smoked copious amounts of weed (waking up to one) but didn't do MDMA. At the time it was very much "scene" associated, depending on the source of music and clubs you were into. There was a serious "indie" scene at the time where cannabis was the thing and that was me.

Whilst some were driving to a field in Chester in the middle of the night, others like me were doing bongs in front of The Word struggling to get up to answer the doorbell.

However, where we had something in common is that we:

1) Weren't drinking much alcohol.
2) We were taking drugs to help us us relax and have a good shared and invariably VERY funny time.

There was a lot cocaine around (which was very expensive), but mainly it was amphetamines. Both were clearly seen as a vehicle to drink more alcohol. I took amphetamines a couple times and cocaine unwittingly when my joint/drink was spiked. Both had quite an extreme effect on me in that they would make me stay awake for at least 48 hours.

.. but I wasn't drinking much.

When I came back to London and we moved into those New Labour / Brit Pop days cocaine was everywhere. I worked in the media and used to drink around Camden and Soho. People would also routinely take it at work.

I understood cocaine now then as I do know. Most who take cocaine do so to drink more in public and they drink more to counter the effects of the cocaine.

Unlike a spliff, MDMA or in most cases alcohol in isolation the combination turns you into a complete ******** pretty universally.

Last edited:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I don’t think a lot of the older generation realise just how common cocaine is nowadays. I can safely say that it’s rampant in youth culture and that includes the north stand at Brighton games. Ridiculously easy to get hold of now and completely rampant in a lot of situations.

Does cocaine induce silence in people? That's the only reason I can find to explain why the
North stand is so deathly quiet then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here