Playoffs pessimism

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So say about 10 teams' fans in our division.

I don't see too many of the top teams playing negatively but then I've not seen more than 40% of our games this season, can't say I remember the last time a top 10 team didn't have a single shot against us, I was happy with a point at Bristol not so happy that we didn't even try and win it. I know the pitch was not that great apparently but even so you'd have to be wearing dark blue tinted glasses not to have been a tad disappointed at our lack of effort in trying to sneak a win. No?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I'm more worried about Gus than the team TBH. Oatway seemed to be more 'AT IT' on Tuesday.
I'm still on the 'Bus' tho:wink:
Exciting innit:cheery:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
That's why picking up point's against teams at the bottom end of the table is so vital. Maybe City are in some good form, but two weeks ago Peterboro were bottom, now City are, so it would suggest their form isn't that great and not to even muster a shot on target...I'm still confident we can make the play off's, we have the squad on paper from keeper through to the forwards, if only we would be more possitive on the pitch. I now think our season all depends on us getting a striker on loan, someone who can come off the bench and take a chance and that isn't Barnes. We can't pin all our hopes on Ulloa to perform at 90% or above in every game, it just isn't going to happen. If the loan window passes and we don't get anyone half decent, then Ulloa pick's up a knock, we are proper f***ed and it's game over. There is going to come a time when we need to score goals. Yes I know we got 4 against a piss poor Huddersfield and 2 in a smash and grab against Cardiff. But we got much bigger fish coming up in the near future.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Anxiety surely grows in the company of pressure and we as fans of a small club for such a long time are certainly being exposed to a possibility seemingly so unbecoming of us. What we have to hope for is the players not to feel it and just have that mixture of surefire solidity and pure enthusiasm blinding them from the comprehension of what it all means. That's down to Gus and his men. The nattering jaw of The Oat should distract the thoughts of all we might be from the minds of our men. Some of them aren't the lower league wimps we're used to hoarding though, so i don't see the potential cowards in us that last year may have naturally incurred. Upson, Bridge, The Koosh, Bruno and David are no novices or amateurs. I think we're ready for a dust-up and the occasional good time. So screw the Trotters and and 20% BNP vote town! I get the sense we might be in smashing mood.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Anxiety surely grows in the company of pressure and we as fans of a small club for such a long time are certainly being exposed to a possibility seemingly so unbecoming of us. What we have to hope for is the players not to feel it and just have that mixture of surefire solidity and pure enthusiasm blinding them from the comprehension of what it all means. That's down to Gus and his men. The nattering jaw of The Oat should distract the thoughts of all we might be from the minds of our men. Some of them aren't the lower league wimps we're used to hoarding though, so i don't see the potential cowards in us that last year may have naturally incurred. Upson, Bridge, The Koosh, Bruno and David are no novices or amateurs. I think we're ready for a dust-up and the occasional good time. So screw the Trotters and and 20% BNP vote town! I get the sense we might be in smashing mood.

Are you related to Shakespeare cos 'Once more into the breach dear friends' comes to mind:thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That's why picking up point's against teams at the bottom end of the table is so vital. Maybe City are in some good form, but two weeks ago Peterboro were bottom, now City are, so it would suggest their form isn't that great and not to even muster a shot on target...I'm still confident we can make the play off's, we have the squad on paper from keeper through to the forwards, if only we would be more possitive on the pitch. I now think our season all depends on us getting a striker on loan, someone who can come off the bench and take a chance and that isn't Barnes. We can't pin all our hopes on Ulloa to perform at 90% or above in every game, it just isn't going to happen. If the loan window passes and we don't get anyone half decent, then Ulloa pick's up a knock, we are proper f***ed and it's game over. There is going to come a time when we need to score goals. Yes I know we got 4 against a piss poor Huddersfield and 2 in a smash and grab against Cardiff. But we got much bigger fish coming up in the near future.

I've just watched the extended highlights and we did have a shot on target from Orlandi.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I don't see too many of the top teams playing negatively but then I've not seen more than 40% of our games this season, can't say I remember the last time a top 10 team didn't have a single shot against us, I was happy with a point at Bristol not so happy that we didn't even try and win it. I know the pitch was not that great apparently but even so you'd have to be wearing dark blue tinted glasses not to have been a tad disappointed at our lack of effort in trying to sneak a win. No?

Pitch was perfect.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
0 or 1 is a bit of a moot point. If it's the one I'm thinking of, when I was at the game, it was a cross anyway.

I though he was testing the goalkeeper :lol:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
There's a lot more football to be played by all the teams in contention - I think it 'll go to the wire and that we'll still be in the mix over the last few games. Beyond that - who knows?!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
0 or 1 is a bit of a moot point. If it's the one I'm thinking of, when I was at the game, it was a cross anyway.

So speaketh Professor Grumbleclaws.
It's an equally worrying and exciting time. We may have had an off-day but we emerged from it without slap-marks on our cheeks and a point to add to our tally. I see that as success in itself. Very little in life is glass half-ful for me, or if it ever is then it's a bubbling half-pint of steaming horse-piss, but i don't get that with the Albion at present. We remain mostly pure and ambitious and surely it's a joy to be a miniscule cog in the machine generally too vast for me to fathom the workings of that makes that so, in my mind at least.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The worry is, we do all the ground work, get in a great position as we were last season and then shot ourselves in the foot. Fact is, if your going to go down there is no shame in that, but go down fighting and having a go, not covering up on the ropes getting knocked about all over the place, hoping your defence is good enough and you might get a lucky blow in. Yes we got great defencive players, jesus christ we got half an England defence. But we have also got great flair attacking players, so bloody well use them ffs.....I fu**ing hate Palace, but everytime they have gone 1, 2 and sometimes even 3 down this season, they fight back and score goals and more often than not win. We haven't come from behind to win a game since Doncaster ffs....We won't keep keeping clean sheets, it's just not possible...I just pray Poyet has got his tactics right next Sunday, because there is no way I can't see Palace scoring at least one if not more. Next Sunday could be our season defining moment and I think it will be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports