Playoffs pessimism

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we don't make the play-offs it will be down to negative tactics. With the squad we have I would consider that a failure.

So say about 10 teams' fans in our division.

I think we've been right royally screwed by the Football League sticking in the Barnsley away fixture just 3 days after Bolton and 5 days before the " A23 Punch Up". Plenty of opportunity for it to be played later in the season.

If we are still in top six after the Forest game at the end of the month I'll start polishing up my Wembley Foam Hand.:rave:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we are still in top six after the Forest game at the end of the month I'll start polishing up my Wembley Foam Hand.:rave:

How will you get all the jizz off ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are the play-off positions decided on saturday then?

Silly old me, I thought there were a lot of points to play for yet.

No, I don't believe they are, but I then see Palace (coin toss) and then Forest away (very difficult) and wonder if we could be adrift in a few weeks, which would mirror last season.

Dec 29, 2011
If we don't make play-offs this year I am optimistic about next year. From August-December we didn't have a fit Lopez or Orlandi, and we didn't have a good striker, yet we're still (even with a fairly poor first half of season) in the playoffs NOW. Next season I think we will be a much stronger team and can push for auto places right from the off. If we managed to sign Upson, Bridge or BOTH it'd also be a massive boost!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nooooo Plenty of footie to be played yet. Win draw or lose we are still in with a shout.

9 points out of 9 from the next 3 games with Palace losing on Saturday will see us go above them in the table :O

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If we don't make play-offs this year I am optimistic about next year. From August-December we didn't have a fit Lopez or Orlandi, and we didn't have a good striker, yet we're still (even with a fairly poor first half of season) in the playoffs NOW. Next season I think we will be a much stronger team and can push for auto places right from the off. If we managed to sign Upson, Bridge or BOTH it'd also be a massive boost!

There is no way we will be able to sign Wayne Bridge. Despite his salary being a major stumbling block, why would he want to remain the Championship when he can so obviously do a good job at a higher level?

Matt Upson will be 32 next year, the same age as Gordon Greer, despite the excellent job he is doing for us at the moment l don't think Gus would want two ageing defenders as the mainstay of his defense.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I was there. We were lucky.

and thats what all teams with aspirations need is a smidgen of luck
and that does seem to be swinging our way at this moment

Dec 29, 2011
There is no way we will be able to sign Wayne Bridge. Despite his salary being a major stumbling block, why would he want to remain the Championship when he can so obviously do a good job at a higher level?

He'd be a backup player for most Premier League sides, he's an absolutely focal point of our team. The guy has all the money in the world, he might not want a big salary if he just loves playing the game, which he has stated that he has re-found his love for the game.
Matt Upson will be 32 next year, the same age as Gordon Greer, despite the excellent job he is doing for us at the moment l don't think Gus would want two ageing defenders as the mainstay of his defense.

The same Upson who is the same age as Vidic and younger than Woodgate? Yep, anyone over 30 must be shit.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
bozza, I share you pessimism. We seem to have the toughest run in of the others and teams like Forest and Bolton are gaining good form. I think Cardiff and Watford wil go up auto and Hull and Palace are guaranteed play off places already, I think Leicester will get the 3rd spot, leaving us Boro, Leeds, Bolton and Forest scrapping for the final spot. We have some massive games coming up where 3 points is a must. Bolton will take a draw, but Barnsley is a MUST WIN now to keep that gap to the chasing pack.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As much as i want it can't see us finishing above them this season, currently they are a better team than us.

If you strip out all the dodgy penalties they've been awarded and points gained from this how are they a better team than us ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports