Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players that just didn’t quite cut it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If it's a player who, but for injury could have been a real star: Will Hoskins

If it's just someone who didnt push on like we hoped, then CMS and Ince

For one out of left-field: Samuel Adekugbe. Played a couple of games on loan (!) and on the times he played looked fairly assured and I thought he could become a permanent fixture at one point.
Now seemingly plying his trade in Norway.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Guess what?

People can't agree about what 'cutting it' actually means.

Perhaps if we renamed it 'cuxit' then we would all agree about what it means? ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Players you loved playing for the Albion, but just didn’t cut it.

CMS for me.

According to those instructions Peter Smith and Stuart Tuck.

Smith was a total cult hero and one of our better players at the time, however his unique style was never going to give him a prolonged and glorious pro career. Tuck because I vaguely knew him and he was a decent lad with a genuine love of the club. Again, I suspect no one outside of Sussex has ever heard of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Ashley Neal &#55357;&#56834;

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Shame this bloke never made it.Bergkamp for Brighton was the call,all 6' 5" of him.

not denis.png

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
According to those instructions Peter Smith and Stuart Tuck.

Smith was a total cult hero and one of our better players at the time, however his unique style was never going to give him a prolonged and glorious pro career. Tuck because I vaguely knew him and he was a decent lad with a genuine love of the club. Again, I suspect no one outside of Sussex has ever heard of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Tucky was a victim of the Bellotti and Archer era, forced to play through injuries masked with cortisone injections. Had a very good non league career which makes you wonder what might have been

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Stuart Myall, Albert Jarrett, Federico Turienzo, Agustien Battipiedi & Christian Baz

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Mike Small, a beast for us, half of one of our best ever striking partnerships, but, went to West Ham and disappeared.

Marc Vaughan

Oct 30, 2017
Peter Smith, although saying he 'didn't cut it' is a bit unfair as we were truly awful at the time and I believe he even got Player of the Year for the club if I remember right ... he wasn't great (slight understatement) but at a time when we were awful he played with an enthusiasm the rest of the squad couldn't match ... he was largely unable to dribble the ball as I recall, more hoofed it downfield and then chased it ... was fantastic to watch :D

Rumour had it at the time that he's got picked up by the club when they were training at Sussex Uni and he caught their eye playing there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Smith_(English_footballer,_born_1969)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anthony Knockaert.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here