Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings from Tonight

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Bruno 9.5. The rest of the team 9. Gus 10 for putting this team together.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Bruno 12
KOosCHack 11 (for that one save)
CMS 10
Everyone else 9

Mr C Gull

Feb 1, 2011
Souwf London
Buckley two or three flashes of brilliance but went missing for long periods. Barnes didn't do a great deal, but guess he comes in to his own when it's tighter.
Bruno definitely MOM, with bridge Second.
Hammond first half was very good, wasn't needed second half but very happy to have him back (despite being gutted about signing him again on loan a couple of weeks again)

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Kusz 8.5 - little to do but did it perfectly. Holds, doesn't punch. Strong, solid and confident

Bridge 8 - confident going forward, bit of luck with the goal but no complaints
Bruno 9 - MOM - just beautiful technique, way too good for this division, set up 2 goals
Greer 8
El Abd 8 - some lovely touches

Bridcutt 7
Hammond 8
Dicker 8.5 - played some glorious passes, been worth his place so far this season, no question

Barnes 7 - not his best but still involved in some good link up play
CMS 6/8 - 6 with back to goal, 8 when facing goal
Buckley 8.5 - caused them a lot of problems, classy touch and finish

Subs - none had long enough to really make a strong impression either way, some nice touches from all though.

Gus - 10

Bridcutt 7? Were you actually watching him? I'm used to him playing well but tonight he looked like 6 million quid on two legs. He gets 10 from me along with Bruno.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Some strange scoring or people expecting Barcelona, I thought the team performance was magical at times and left the ground feeling disappointed we only scored 3 we played that well. The 3 new signings at the back are just different class and it gives the whole team so much more confidence. Bruno gets a 10 rest get 9

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Kuszczak - Total CLASS

Bruno - WORLD CLASS
El-Abd - Reassuring CLASS
Greer - Solid CLASS
Bridge - Top CLASS

Hammond - First CLASS
Bridcutt - Real CLASS
Dicker Complete CLASS

Barnes - Absolute CLASS
CMS - Outstanding CLASS
Buckley - A CLASS above

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bridcutt 7? Were you actually watching him? I'm used to him playing well but tonight he looked like 6 million quid on two legs. He gets 10 from me along with Bruno.

Maybe 7s a bit harsh, I didn't think he was quite up to his usual high standards tonight though. Still good enough.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Kuszczak 8

Bruno 9
El-Abd 8
Greer 7
Bridge 8

Hammond 7
Bridcutt 7
Dicker 8

Barnes 7
CMS 7
Buckley 8

I respect your opinion TB but what was the point of signing Dobbie Orlandi and lopez if they are not playing and contributing towards promotion ,Barnes has been a good player for the club but sentiment must not get in the way of ambition

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Totally this.
Liam was superb tonight, reminded me of the way Mascarano plays for Barcalona. Always breaking up play, always available for a return pass, switched the ball well, got forward when needed as well.
One moment in the 2nd half Bruno popped up on the left wing, God knows how, who was in position at right back, Liam, and as soon as Bruno was back on the right he went back into the deep middle.
Wonderful performance, how some people can give him 6.5/ 7, is beyond me.
Was Man of The Match, if Bruno hadnt been so immense

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I respect your opinion TB but what was the point of signing Dobbie Orlandi and lopez if they are not playing and contributing towards promotion ,Barnes has been a good player for the club but sentiment must not get in the way of ambition

Are you trying to suggest that Dobbie, Orlandi and Lopez should all have started tonight?? At the expense of who exactly?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Kuzsczack 8. One brilliant save plus a couple of merely very good ones. A couple of wayward kicks. Best goalie we've had for a very long time.
Bruno 9. The guy is a pleasure to watch either defending or going forward. Pure class.
Greer 7. Good solid game.
El Abd 8. Wonderful anticipation on a couple of occasions plus slid defending.
Bridge 9. Slightly fortunate goal (deflection), but played impeccably all evening often with acres of space.
Bridcutt 8. A couple of wayward passes early on. Otherwise great.
Dicker 7. Didn't personally see him doing a lot, but part of a fabulous team performance.
Hammond 8. Class. So very good to have him back.
Buckley 9. Great goal and played a key part in our domination of the game.
Barnes 7. Good solid game.
CMS 8. Early on his ball control was lacking, but his game quickly improved. So pleased we didn't sell him.

Subs:
Dobbie 6.
Orlandi 7.
Lopez 6.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Kuszc 8
Bruno 9
AEA 8
Greer 8
Bridge 8
Dicker 7
Hammond 8
Bridcutt 8
Buckley 8
Barnes 7
CMS 7

All subs 6 - not really enough time

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Bridcutt, especially early, made a few errant passes that went straight to wednesday play. The sort of terrible passes that Barnes and Dicker would be slaughtered for with threads on here asking for their heads, or at least to be dropped until they learn to tell blue and white stripes from yellow. He also made some decent passes, he attempted a few tackles but was easily shrugged off too often. I'd say a 7 was fair.

Very stingy-Clean sheet and one of the best saves ever seen at the Amex?!

One save. It was very good. But most of his other saves were run of the mill saves, he didn't have a lot of them to make, and on at least 6 occasions he booted the ball out of play for a throw in to wednesday, going long way more frequently than we have in the past couple of seasons. Going long isn't bad in and of itself, but when the ball goes out so frequently, it takes more than one really good save to push him over 7, imo, so I think it's a fair rating.

I'll give my ratings tomorrow when I've slept on it some more, though.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Kuszczak - 9
Bridge - 8
Greer - 7
El-Abd 8
Bruno - 10
Buckley 7
Hammond - 8
Bridcutt - 8
Dicker - 7
Barnes - 7
CMS - 8

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Kuszcak 9
Bridge 8.5
Bruno 9.5 - MOM
Greer 8
El Abd 8
Bridcutt 8.5
Hammond 9
Dicker 8
Barnes 7
CMS 8.5
Buckley 8

Gus - 10

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Kuz 8
Bruno 9.5
Greer 8
El Abd 8
Bridge 8
Brid 8
Hammond 8
Buckley 8
Dicker 8
Barnes 7 not a critisism just not as good as others
CMS 7

IanH

9sept1978
Nov 6, 2010
Kuszcak - 7 Not alot to do, distribution somewhat wayward occasionally, but made a top top save.
Bridge - 8.5 very good defensively and offensive.
El Abd -7 Not alot of hassle dealth with bothroyd and rodri fairly comfortably
Greer - 7.5 Same as above except thought his distribution was very good.
Bruno 9 (Official MoM) - The Bruno we all love, but more switched on defensively today.

Bridcutt - 8.5 Key role as link between defence and attack aswell as when we switch ball from left to right.
Hammond -6.5 Fairly anonymous but did a solid job.
Dickey - 6.5 Same as Hammond, worked well together controlling middle of the park.
Buckley - 8 There full backs are not exactly top quality and buckley exploited this well got a goal.
Barnes 7.5 Less involved than I have seen him but looked dangerous
CMS - 8.5 Played very well, harrassed defenders with pressure and made many purposeful runs, scored a typical CMS goal.

Subs-

All 6 as the game was won before they came on an intensity had fallen away not their fault

Do you mark GCSE English papers? A performance like that and your average score is about 7.5. Were you contacted by Ofqual after the match. I think we should have a public inquiry.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Do you mark GCSE English papers? A performance like that and your average score is about 7.5. Were you contacted by Ofqual after the match. I think we should have a public inquiry.

The Kuszcak and particularly Hammond comments are very disapointing. Hammond anonymous ? He was just about everywhere on the pitch and bossed the midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here