Bridcutt 8.5
Dicker 7.5
Barnes 7.5
CMS 8
Buckley 8

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Screw it, I did my ratings, but reserve the right to change them in the morning.

Kuszczak 7 - wayward distribution, going long a lot. Hoofball we often call it when others play that way (though with barnes' heading/jumping across the flight of the ball to distract theirfull back, those balls aren't as dangerous as they could be, just feel a little wasteful at times). But made a great save to keep it at 3-0

I suggest you need more than an 1 hours sleep before remarking Kuszczak. If the goal keeper keeps a clean sheet through excellent saves it is far more important than him kicking the ball well.

End result 3-0 win.

I don't want to see any other keeper in our squad come into the team to replace Kuszczak just because their kicking is better than his!

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Best midfield performance I have seen at the Amex. Bridders superb, Dickers best performance so far, Hammond,what can I say, brilliant, add to these 3 the rest of the team, and you get what we witnessed last night, Long may it continue.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I suggest you need more than an 1 hours sleep before remarking Kuszczak. If the goal keeper keeps a clean sheet through excellent saves it is far more important than him kicking the ball well.

The save from boothroyd near the end was a great reflex save. What other save did he make that can be defined as great? It was one great save. The rest seemed like routine stops to me. It was a mostly easy night for him. He didn't keep a clean sheet because we were on the backfoot but his outstanding form and string of great saves kept us in it, we kept a clean sheet because we dominated the game and restricted them to pot shots, and only one real chance, which he handled well.

His kicking was flawed. It was either worse than the previous couple of games or stood out more last night because he didn't have a lot else to do beyond routine goalkeeping and one great save. 7 isn't unreasonable on a performance like that, even after a full night's sleep.

I don't want to see any other keeper in our squad come into the team to replace Kuszczak just because their kicking is better than his!

Where have I said I want him replaced because of his kicking? Where have I said I want him replaced? I merely gave what I feel was a fair appraisal of his performance. I would rather have errant kicking Kuszcak than either Brez or Casper (though I think both are suitable for upper mid table championship, and are great reserves to have), but that doesn't mean I'm going to rate him highly for a performance in which he only has one save of note to make and his kicking gifted possession as frequently as it did last night.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Kuszczak 10 did nothing wrong all game

Bruno 10 as above
El-Abd 10 as above
Greer 10 as above
Bridge 10 as above

I think this could well be the best defence in the championship

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Kuszczak 10 did nothing wrong all game

Bruno 10 as above
El-Abd 10 as above
Greer 10 as above
Bridge 10 as above

I think this could well be the best defence in the championship

The only blot on Bruno's copybook was that appalling free kick into the back wall of the South Stand in the first half.

Other than that though, a classy display all round.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Kuszczak - Total CLASS

Bruno - WORLD CLASS
El-Abd - Reassuring CLASS
Greer - Solid CLASS
Bridge - Top CLASS

Hammond - First CLASS
Bridcutt - Real CLASS
Dicker Complete CLASS

Barnes - Absolute CLASS
CMS - Outstanding CLASS
Buckley - A CLASS above
Good work.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One save. It was very good. But most of his other saves were run of the mill saves, he didn't have a lot of them to make, and on at least 6 occasions he booted the ball out of play for a throw in to wednesday, going long way more frequently than we have in the past couple of seasons. Going long isn't bad in and of itself, but when the ball goes out so frequently, it takes more than one really good save to push him over 7, imo, so I think it's a fair rating.
Firstly, Kuszczak is brilliant, we are lucky to have him. That save looked immense.

But I'm sure if any of our other keepers were wanting to kick it long as much as he does, they'd get a bollocking. Of course when all defenders are marked, then he should kick it long and benefit from the space the opposition have left our midfielders/forwards. But Kuszczak isn't waiting until he has to kick it long, he's choosing to do it when he doesn't have to, and it often comes straight back. Teams like Man U are very capable of building a move from the back, but they are also very capable of lumping it forward to some very talented front men. They have all qualities in their game. We don't have these qualities, we are skilled at building from the back, and we are skilled at counter attacking/beating a high defensive line, but we are not so skilled at receiving long balls from the keeper. Stop it Tomasz.

Mr Bums

Jan 31, 2012
Tomas 8.5 Best save at the Amex?
Bruno 9 Sublime pass for Buckers goal and a great long throw, reminds me of Rory Delap in his prime
Greer 7
El Abd 7
Bridge 8 Swashbuckling
Bridcutt 7
Hammond 5 (marked down for the goal celebration for Southampton)
Barnes 2 (I told you I was right about him)
Dicker 7 (too many passes to feet, he should be aiming six feet higher)
Buckley 7
CMS 8

Subs: 6's apart from Dobbie 5 (a sub striker who is less than 6 foot 3 will never get a high mark from me, we need a game changer)

Still too much negative and boring football for me, but it will do for now until we get a manager in who understands the game properly.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Tomas 9 Best save at the Amex
Bruno 9 Sublime MOM
Greer 7
El Abd 7.5
Bridge 8 Consistently quality
Bridcutt 7
Hammond 8 Wow he's going to good
Barnes 5 Not his fault just not good enough now.
Dicker 7 Much better, trying to keep his place
Buckley 8 Improving from injury will soon be unplayable
CMS 6 Not convinced. Good movement and finish for goal but touch lets him down and not strong enough

Subs: 6's

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For those who care about the averages and such, any 11s or 12s out of 10 are marked as 10. If you don't mark the whole team (starting 11 as minimum), I don't generally include your rating. Also, if you are a spoof account, I tend not to include your ratings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here