Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings from Tonight

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Kuszczak - 8.5. Clean sheet and a few fantastic saves. What more could you ask for? Maybe keeping a goal kick in play :thumbsup:

Bruno - 9.5 MOM :bowdown: :love: I don't have the words.
Greer - 8. Very strong, intercepted lots of passes and put the ball around very nicely.
El-Abd - 8. See Greer ^
Bridge - 8.5. MARAUDING, SWASHBUCKLING, etc. Great for him to score again, although fortunate, he must be loving his football down here. Why would he leave?

Dicker - 8. Some may say anonymous, I'd say fairly instrumental. He was the ever-present link between the left and right side of the pitch and his long balls were quality.
Bridcutt - 9. Someone may need to tell Liam what the word form means, he clearly doesn't know. He only knows class. Bossed it once again.
Hammond - 9. Welcome back, Dean. Unlucky not to score twice and was brilliant! Can't see Crofts getting back in to be honest...

Buckley - 8.5. Nicely taken goal and ran Lee ragged.
Mackail-Smith - 8. Decent performance tonight, but not quite like Burnley! Nice to see that he can score even when he's not at his best.
Barnes - 7.5. I'm quite hesitant to mark Barnes lowest, I'm normally one of his biggest fans, but tonight he was missing something. Won us a few free kicks but needs to stop getting booked or he'll get suspended then never get back in the side!

----------

Can't really comment much on the subs, didn't see Lopez touch the ball much, Orlandi looked good and Dobbie looked skilful. We were already cruising towards the final whistle by the time they came on.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Screw it, I did my ratings, but reserve the right to change them in the morning.

Kuszczak 7 - wayward distribution, going long a lot. Hoofball we often call it when others play that way (though with barnes' heading/jumping across the flight of the ball to distract theirfull back, those balls aren't as dangerous as they could be, just feel a little wasteful at times). But made a great save to keep it at 3-0
Bridge 8 - very good game, some quaint touches, but a notch below his last home performance
El Abd 8 - very good
Greer 8 - very good, dared to come forward more than last season and v cardiff
Bruno 8.5 - great, with two brilliant assists
Bridcutt 7 - too many errant passes early on, not strong enough in the challenge
Hammond 7.5 - started really well, making him self available for everything, running all over the pitch, but seemed to go quiet when we stepped up a gear in the second half. Didn't dominate midfield as he was popping up all over the pitch, but kept things ticking over
Dicker 7.5 - some very good passes, didn't tire leading to increasingly inaccurate passing like v barnsley
Buckley 8 - very good finish, not strong or decisive enough with previous opportunities, but a very positive attacking outlet
Barnes 7 - quiet, got a few headers in, but seems to have taken a step back since burnley
CMS 7.5 - intelligent running, good finish, some clearing defensive headers

Subs
Game was over as a contest when they came on, so not really fair to judge them, imo.

I think overall, the game wasn't as good as some are making out. It felt like despite getting the goal, the first half wasn't quite as positive and forward as the games v Cardiff and Barnsley. There was an intense and exciting 10 minutes in the second half where we got two more goals and killed off the game, and that was some great football as good as we've played this season, but then we made some substitutions, took our foot of the gas, and just saw the game out. I thought the ref did ok. Considering how much Wednesday had to do to get a first booking, I thought Bruno's was weak, maybe we could have had a penalty, but maybe so could they, and I think if either was given against us we'd argue they were harsh. Seemed to want to keep is cards in his pocket on the whole and didn't seem to fall for too much diving, tried to play advantage. Not as bad as I was expecting given his previous form.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Spot on for me

Kuszczak 8 Sharp
Bruno 9 Rampaging, with 4 or 5 moments of sheer brilliance
Greer 8 Composed
El Abd 8 Solid
Bridge 7 Classy
Bridcutt 6.5 Good defensively gave the ball away a lot
Dicker 8 Best game in ages
Hammond 9 Really excellent
Buckley 8 Great performance
CMS 8 Back to his best
Barnes 7 Not his best but solid

Subs
None really able to make an impact

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Kuszczak 8

Bruno 9
El-Abd 8
Greer 8
Bridge 8

Hammond 8
Bridcutt 9
Dicker 6

Barnes 7
CMS 8
Buckley 9

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Kuszchak 9 Vital saves and catches. Kicking dist'n prevented a 10.

Bruno 10
Greer 9 So classy on the ball tonight, and instills calm to the entire defence
El Abd 8
Bridge 8

Dicker 7.5
Hammond 9
Bridcutt 9

Barnes 7
Buckley 9
CMS 9

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Not going to rate them all as quite frankly they were all excellent. I would give mention to Dean Hammond though, despite all the pace and flair in our team he slotted in to midfield and did the labourers shift. He hassled, tackled got forward and didn't try to do anything he wasn't capable of. Very good acquisition.
The metaphorical engine.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Thought Dicker and Barnes were playing catch up a bit..... steady, but the game seemed to be one or two technical notches above their abilities in the main.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Thought Dicker and Barnes were playing catch up a bit..... steady, but the game seemed to be one or two technical notches above their abilities in the main.

As the squad increases in top flight quality, they are lagging a little, but at least Barnes has age on his side & has a great goals record.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Kusack 8.5 - great save and just vey solid
Bruno 9.5 - solid defensively, like an extra winger going forward
Bridge 8.5 - very comfortable looks like he does not need to be in top gear.
Greer 8.5 - good leader, dictates how we play from the back.
Al-Abd 9 - excellent, very strong dominated their forwards.
Bridcutt 9 -Ran the game setting the tempo for the team.
Dicker 8.5 - Some great crossfield passes to Bridge espesially first half.
Hammond 9 - Broke up play and got forward and linked play really well.
Barnes 8.5 -Solid defensively, made some great runs which were not always spotted.
Buckley 9 - Slow start but grew into the game and took his goal really well.
CMS 9.5 - Ran his socks off, bullied two large centre halfs, created space for others.

Subs not on long enough to score and we just sat back from 70 minutes onwards.

With the squad we haveno one is guaranteed a starting place.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Totally this.
Liam was superb tonight, reminded me of the way Mascarano plays for Barcalona. Always breaking up play, always available for a return pass, switched the ball well, got forward when needed as well.
One moment in the 2nd half Bruno popped up on the left wing, God knows how, who was in position at right back, Liam, and as soon as Bruno was back on the right he went back into the deep middle.
Wonderful performance, how some people can give him 6.5/ 7, is beyond me.
Was Man of The Match, if Bruno hadnt been so immense

Yeah, that was one thing that really impressed me - the way players are covering for each other when out of position. Another was the way we have developed an ability to pass the ball around in tight positions - it really is a joy to watch. Last night was one of the best all round displays I can remember in the last 50 years. Despite our keeper needing to be on his toes, we could have beaten an, on paper, not too shabby SW by a hatful.
How on earth the new players are going to shift the first 11 I really don't know!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuszczak 9

Bruno 10
El-Abd 8
Greer 8
Bridge 8

Hammond 8
Bridcutt 9
Dicker 8

Barnes 8
CMS 9
Buckley 9

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Kusczack - 9 top keeper, brilliant signing

Bruno - 10 - pure class
ElAbd - 8
Greer - 8
Bridge - 8

Bridcutt - 10 from where I sat, ran the game.
Hammond - 8 worked hard. Glad he's back
Dicker - 8 thought he would be on his way this season but has been excellent so far.

Buckley - 8 love him. Cool finishing.
Mackail-Smith - 7
Barnes - 7

I guess we can't all see everything and some have marked Bridders down. Maybe we should average out all the ratings people have posted?:eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here