Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play-off away game ticket info - includes VERY strict Palace rules

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
When trying to get into the Escape in 1989 to see De La Soul, my mother aided me in photocopying my birth certificate with a tippexed and written over DOB. When asked for ID, i unfolded and unfurled the fraudulent document in the direction of the huge bouncer and upon examination, he folded it back up and told me to bugger off. I was 14, but looked about 10, so it was an understandable rejection. £15 up the swanny. So, if you are looking to get some fake ID for this game, do not go to my mum for it.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Absolutely pathetic capitulation by the clubs for a pathetic over-reaction by the Police. This is specifically designed with maximum hassle factor in mind to deter people from going - even those of us meeting the necessary requirements.

I have no doubt that in my lifetime there will come a time when away fans are banned from away games at derby matches.

Dorans, Hebberd, Balkham - you're a disgrace. Just another three nails in the coffin of English football.

Well said, Spot on.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Absolutely pathetic capitulation by the clubs for a pathetic over-reaction by the Police. This is specifically designed with maximum hassle factor in mind to deter people from going - even those of us meeting the necessary requirements.

I have no doubt that in my lifetime there will come a time when away fans are banned from away games at derby matches.

Dorans, Hebberd, Balkham - you're a disgrace. Just another three nails in the coffin of English football.

Agree completely with this. Absolute disgrace.

Murry

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
As a Palace fan I think its a joke what the police are doing to you here :(

I hope we dont have a similar system, but fear it will be. (At least most of us will have to not witness you annihilate us)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Why ? If it impedes some of the BELLENDS going up there with the express intention of behaving like complete twunts then I don't see an issue.

I always have my driving licence in my wallet anyway, so it won't make a blind bit of difference to me if plod asks me to produce some ID. Can't see how that can equate to "maximum hassle".

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
How many arrests were there at the 2 games this season? If that level of policing can control the fans then why the need for this unnecessary and draconian measures?

Taking ID to a footie game? Really? Jesus wept what a nation of bedwetters we've become when decisions like this result in a "hey ho, I guess it's for the best".

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Driving licence is ID so whats the problem.......unless of course you have something to hide,......

Just called the ticket office to ask about loyalty points...none of my away purchases had been added......phone was answered after 3 rings ( maybe I was lucky) and all the missing points added....now have enough..

Great ticket office...again!!

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006

Maybe it is an over-reaction, but personally I blame the wankers who revel in talking up aggro at football matches... the pwopa nawty tosssers are to blame for this. :whistle:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

I disagree. It's specifically designed to ensure that a) tickets are allocated to those with more loyalty points, and b) the named ticket holder is the one who actually attends, thus reducing the risk of fisticuffs/silliness/hullaballoo.

As simple as that n’est pas?

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Even Thatcher didn't manage to get ID cards at football. Personally I'll be watching this one on tv. I drawn the line at being treated like a criminal to watch a football match.
I'd like to see a boycott of this game if it happens, but no doubt many will be happy to pay their money and do as they're told.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ah, the old 'nothing to hide, nothing to fear' argument. I despair, I really do. As I've just said, the current measures are clearly adequate why the need for this Orwellian turn of events?

And why do Arsenal v Spurs, Derby v Forest, Leeds v Sheff weds etc etc etc not need this ridiculous extra security?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
These measures are to make sure the person buying the ticket is the one going... that makes sense to me. It's a bit strict, but it's a Friday night derby game. When (if) it comes to it, I expect they'll actually ID one in 20 people, and inconvenience those people for about 10 seconds each. When you buy a ticket you already consent that you're the one going, I don't see any difference between this and them saying "we're going to be IDing everyone who wants to buy a beer". For someone's 50th birthday that would seem OTT, for a club in west street, it's to be expected.

As for the loyalty points. I guess they've had a look at the system, and found that 1,260 loyalty points is the cut-off between the top 2000 fans and the rest. Ideally the club would ring each fan in order of decreasing loyalty points, but that's not practical.

How much hassle is it in reality to carry your ID in your wallet.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Driving licence is ID so whats the problem.......unless of course you have something to hide,......

My harmless Mrs has come to every game this season using my mates season ticket as he is off traveling. I now have to tell her she can't come to one of our biggest games ever because the police want everyone to have ID that matches the ticket.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
some people seem to want to give up going to a fairly important match because the might need to carry a driivng licence..

there are some real gob shites hiding behind keyboards again.....chances are they will all purchase a ticket (if possible ) and go...

Boycott if YOU want that will leave more tickets for other Season Ticket holders

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
That's because literally tens and tens of people are trying to do the same check, bringing the ticket system to a standstill.

There's no rush - look later.

It's been the saying "service unavailable" since 6 this morning when you try to log in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here