Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Planning for 35,000

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It will be 10x cheaper to carry on with existing workforce than bring back at future so if it us a marginal decision only a fool would say stop
Car Park 1 at the Uni has 200/300 spaces every game now the new car Park has opened (hue us this one doing 1,000 a game or less) so there is already flex in the system for 500/1000 supporters on the already higher attendance levels this season

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
There are gaps in the numbering where the aisles are - is this what you mean?

No. My seat is about half-way between two isles. My seat is number 543 or something and the seat to my right is either 6 higher or six lower (I think it's 549). They are right next to each other.

It might be because my seat is the end of one "block" and the next is the start of the next "block", but it does seem rather strange.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
untitled south.png

A tier like the one in the South stand must be possible, with perhaps a deeper tier housing more seats. The additional Toilets ect could be in the new office space and would not impact on the lower tier. Not possible to build the whole width of the North Stand but it could probably seat up to 3- 400 fans, maybe even more!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
View attachment 37309

A tier like the one in the South stand must be possible, with perhaps a deeper tier housing more seats. The additional Toilets ect could be in the new office space and would not impact on the lower tier. Not possible to build the whole width of the North Stand but it could probably seat up to 3- 400 fans, maybe even more!

I think building a proper tier the full width of the north stand would be extremely problematic, not least due to the fact that the roof slopes from one end to the other... they'd also have to remove the control room - and where would the big screen go?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
I think building a proper tier the full width of the north stand would be extremely problematic, not least due to the fact that the roof slopes from one end to the other... they'd also have to remove the control room - and where would the big screen go?

I agree as i pointed out in my post, but it must be possible to put in a tier like the new boxes in the South Stand (which does not run the width of that stand) without altering the roof structure. It may even be possible to have a slightly deeper level hence seating more fans.(by overhanging more) By the way how many seats are situated in the South stand expansion?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
I think building a proper tier the full width of the north stand would be extremely problematic, not least due to the fact that the roof slopes from one end to the other... they'd also have to remove the control room - and where would the big screen go?[/QUO

Sorry double post

saintSeagull

Aug 13, 2003
look,

its painfully obvious we need a new ground- Falmer is way too small. Lets produce a shockingly bad fund-raising single 'we want Falmer, 2' for an 80,000 all seater....

I've been influenced by all the hype.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Is 35,000 not a little too ambitious? Having a half empty ground for some fixtures doesn't seem too appealing to me.

Palace get just over 50% every week.

Do we want chants of

Your grounds too big for you?

I'd sooner money is invested in the team. 31,000 should be more than enough.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Palace get just over 50% every week.

Do we want chants of

Your grounds too big for you?

I'd sooner money is invested in the team. 31,000 should be more than enough.

You are right, and there has been no planning application submitted for this. I imagine it's just options and possible plans for the future. Sell out 30,750 consistently and we are ready to go.

Dec 29, 2011
You are right, and there has been no planning application submitted for this. I imagine it's just options and possible plans for the future. Sell out 30,750 consistently and we are ready to go.

I've been Premier League Champion 3 years on the trot, and just won European Cup.. still not selling out though :( Maybe 30,500 is enough.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
31,000 is enough... if in 5 years we are regularly selling out 31,000 and sitting comfortably in the premiership, and thats a big IF, then maybe we could look to increase to 35,000. but until then money spent should be concentrated on improving the team, coaching staff and training facilities.

What people need to remember is if we were selling out 31,000 every week then we would already be getting bigger or very similar gates to;

fulham
southampton
swansea
wigan
QPR
Norwich
West Brom
Stoke
Reading.

Car Park 1 at the Uni has 200/300 spaces every game now the new car Park has opened (hue us this one doing 1,000 a game or less) so there is already flex in the system for 500/1000 supporters on the already higher attendance levels this season

If the residents of Coldean and Moulsecoomb approve the introduction of matchday controlled parking zones then the 500+ additional cars that parked there last season (and presumably still do) will need to go somewhere. If the residents say no then they'll be no chance of further expansion due to the ongoing traffic congestion and presumably the club will continue to be fined (as it was last season) as per the conditions of the planning consents. If the latter scenario occurs then I'd expect ticket prices to rise to cover the "loss" as they did this season, albeit largely because of non-purchase of travel vouchers.

saintSeagull

Aug 13, 2003
Look, its painfully obvious that we have outgrown the AMEX. I say go for an 80,000 all seater and while we are at release an appalling fund/awareness raising single, 'We want Falmer, 2'. Oh and a fans dis-united day 3.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If the residents of Coldean and Moulsecoomb approve the introduction of matchday controlled parking zones then the 500+ additional cars that parked there last season (and presumably still do) will need to go somewhere. If the residents say no then they'll be no chance of further expansion due to the ongoing traffic congestion and presumably the club will continue to be fined (as it was last season) as per the conditions of the planning consents.

Surely if the area becomes permit controlled then it it's up to the local authority or police to enforce it. It would then be for the authorities to take punitive action against the perpetrators directly and should not involve the club.

Surely if the area becomes permit controlled then it it's up to the local authority or police to enforce it. It would then be for the authorities to take punitive action against the perpetrators directly and should not involve the club.

Quite so, my point is that if/when matchday cpz's* are introduced in Coldean and Moulsecoomb then the cars that are currently parked there will need to be parked elsewhere unless the passengers use other forms of transport. Vegas Seagull has said there are currently 200-300 unused spaces in the UoS car parks that could be used for an expanded stadium capacity above that currently approved - I don't believe so.

*The club will have to pay for the implementation and ongoing maintenance of these.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Look, its painfully obvious that we have outgrown the AMEX. I say go for an 80,000 all seater and while we are at release an appalling fund/awareness raising single, 'We want Falmer, 2'. Oh and a fans dis-united day 3.

Tinpot approach.

We want twin 80,000 stadiums with the second stadium showing the game replicated in real time with 3D laser show. You would never know whether you are watching the real players or the replicated laser version. One stadium would be standing only.

NEW_RGB_stage_laser_light_show_DIY_full_color_animation_laser_projector_light.jpg

I am sure by the time the stadium is ready the technology will be there.

Go on Tony.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here