Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Planning for 35,000

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Crikey..not even 2000 short of our record ever crowd.

Which was...oh go on then?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
The maximum the stadium can be expanded to is 35K, I believe. The info can be found on this website.

I'm not sure the club itself has ever produced a maximum figure.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Its in planning stage and its a second tier spreading across part of the north stand . Security box will have to be moved and punditry room even though its just been finished. Its in prep for our prem status . from the reaction here it sounds like i did not miss any announcement.

Absolute and unequivocal bollocks.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
2 more rows can go in WSU middle block right at the back... The rest of the extra 4k though? f*** knows! Where has 35k come from?

Could squeeze a few in by moving all our seats closer a tad? Thought the designer of the stadium said it wasn't possible to extend further?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Could explain the 'North Stand Lower' signs that have sprung up fairly recently. Good news!

Would be nice if they included transport provisions for 35,000 while they're at it. We still seem stuck at around the 22K mark.

THIS. I noticed the NSL signs earlier in the season and thought it was a bit strange.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I imagine the only time we'd fill 35K at the Amex is by playing a top 4 club in the Premier League. There's no chance we'd even get 30K against Wigan, QPR etc.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I have read a few times about moving the seats closer together.meant to have a look at the seats to see how much gap they had but forgot.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Whereabouts are these signs?

Not sure where abouts Djmiles saw this but i've seen them too.
I rarely venture towards the poor mans stand in fear of my safety but i've definitely seen them around.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Whereabouts are these signs?

Can't quite remember. They are definately there as I remember pointing them out when I saw them.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
35,000. Exactly the number of the official attendance for the 1967 Chelsea FA Cup 4th Round Tie at the Goldstone. The second highest home crowd in Albion history I believe. I was one of them.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have read a few times about moving the seats closer together.meant to have a look at the seats to see how much gap they had but forgot.

I measured the gap once (sad I know) and iirc it was around 1 3/4 inches. I reckon that between 4-5000 seats could be squeezed in that way.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Its in planning stage and its a second tier spreading across part of the north stand . Security box will have to be moved and punditry room even though its just been finished. Its in prep for our prem status . from the reaction here it sounds like i did not miss any announcement.

The club has no doubt just commissioned the architects to look into the options. Probably no more than that.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here