Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] PL today

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Liverpool making heavy weather of this, clubs coming back from the winter break are seemingly off the pace

Norwich’s defensive strategy has been a masterpiece for other clubs to follow should they want to minimise negative GD.

For most of this match in open play, effectively a backline of 6, one patrolling in front, and a deep midfield trio of Pukki and two others.

A 6-1-3-0.

But you can bet they raise their attacking game when the Albion visit. We always lose at Carrow Road.

Last edited:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Norwich’s defensive strategy has been a masterpiece for other clubs to follow should they want to minimise negative GD.

For most of this match in open play, effectively a backline of 6, one patrolling in front, and a deep midfield due of Pukki and two others.

A 6-1-3-0.

But you can bet they raise their attacking game when the Albion visit. We always lose at Carrow Road.

I've seen us win at Norwich (just saying).

I hope Norwich are more expansive, we find it hard to break down teams who park the bus.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

For most of this match in open play, effectively a backline of 6, one patrolling in front, and a deep midfield trio of Pukki and two others.

A 6-1-3-0.

Clearly not working seeing as they have the worst GD by far!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Clearly not working seeing as they have the worst GD by far!

They started the season looking like Hudd (first half of 2017/18) and some of Bmuffs PL spells, they either going to lose games by some margin or win 3-2.

Scoring 3 vs Newcastle, 2 past Chelsea, 3 past ManC.

A few NSC’ers were in love with Norwich, predicting a bucket load of goals for Pukki.

Either Farke did a Wagner and went conservative, or everyone else worked them out, but they’ve changed. Just 24 goals.

The mass ranked Hughtonesque defence today almost got a point, but they need wins.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
They started the season looking like Hudd (first half of 2017/18) and some of Bmuffs PL spells, they either going to lose games by some margin or win 3-2.

Scoring 3 vs Newcastle, 2 past Chelsea, 3 past ManC.

A few NSC’ers were in love with Norwich, predicting a bucket load of goals for Pukki.

Either Farke did a Wagner and went conservative, or everyone else worked them out, but they’ve changed. Just 24 goals.

The mass ranked Hughtonesque defence today almost got a point, but they need wins.

They've had a few spankings, but I've got to say I don't ever remember a better side than them finishing bottom (which I think they will)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They've had a few spankings, but I've got to say I don't ever remember a better side than them finishing bottom (which I think they will)

They seem to have lots of youngish players doing a lot right ... then they pass to the opposition.

A team for the future?

At least they won’t go down in a shocking financial state (Sunderland, Villa), having been mugs in awarding huge contracts to players who didn’t care.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given how crap the weather is I am actually looking forward to watching the Villa vs Spurs game as my early afternoon entertainment :down:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Great why the feck didn’t the keeper come for that. What a simple goal, lovely ball from Reina, Spurs player turned, sprint and a lovely cross. Shit defending from Spurs with keeper and defender freezing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here