Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] PL today

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Newcastle have got a lot of lucky wins so far this season so are in a bit of a false position but they probably have enough of a cushion to be safe.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just? We have won 1 in 12 including many of those games being against the teams below us in the table.

Yeah - I know. Just trying to be optimistic. Reckon we could get these from Palace, Arsenal, United, and Newcastle and a point away at Norwich. Chuck in a freak result against someone unexpected and put it this way I think we can do it. Whether we will is obviously debatable (and I accept that my original predictions didn't see us getting another 4 - but just feel boosted that this weekends results have not put us in any worse position).

I just think if we can get 3 points off Palace then that could be the boost we need to get a few more. As good as this weekends results have arguably been for us, we cannot rely on the failings of others. Fingers crossed that the surprise result comes next weekend at Sheffield!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
This is why, see if you agree:

Their fans consider Villa a huge club, with a European Cup etc.

When little old Brighton visit Villa Park, for example in May 2017, a sizeable portion of the home crowd are there to sneer at the Albion and piss on our parade, desperate that we don’t win the title. On my other visits there, similar stuff. Many of their scummy fans are not there for the football, similar to scummers like Boro and Massive.

To me, that’s small time.

In 44 years of travelling to watch football, I’ve never seen the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool fans at home there to do that. When we’ve shocked them with a result, they’ve been generous towards the Albion.

Villa fans can’t therefore be grouped in that company. Small time.

Ok, I agree with all that pretty much :thumbsup:

The promotion one was a strange one. There just didn't seem any reason for loads of their fans to act the way they did. I've always thought it was just jealousy!

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Newcastle have got a lot of lucky wins so far this season so are in a bit of a false position but they probably have enough of a cushion to be safe.

They are well at the bottom of the xG table.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 14.07.23.png

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Probably something to do with winning the..

European Cup 1982
European Super Cup 1982, 1983
Intertoto Cup 2001
FA Cup 1887, 1895, 1897, 1905, 1913, 1920, 1957
League Cup 1961, 1975, 1977, 1994, 1996
FA Youth Cup 1972, 1980, 2002
First Division Champions 1893/94, 1895/96, 1896/97, 1898/99, 1899/00, 1909/10, 1980/81

So nothing of note for 24 years. Hardly a reason to still act Billy big bollocks considering how shit they've been for so long

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Good results for us over the weekend but Albion players and us fans are relying on teams below to constantly keep f**king it up, basically the same as last season then.

When is the mindset from our players gonna change to 'let's do it for ourselves and our fans'?

To be honest I'm pinning my hopes on Mooy and Mac Allister becoming a formidable midfield partnership, with both of them banging in a few goals to help save our season.

Maybe a cameo role in there too from a returning Izquierdo.

A footnote to Potter: Please stop tinkering, it may help our players who need all the help they can get.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Alli Should have had two or three goals yesterday but just seems so lazy and casual.
Not sure what the Villa manager is moaning about either, I was flicking between the football and the cricket and as I switched back it took me precisely one reply to see it was a penalty, but I guess its now at the point of using VAR as an excuse any time something doesn't go your way.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Alli Should have had two or three goals yesterday but just seems so lazy and casual.
Not sure what the Villa manager is moaning about either, I was flicking between the football and the cricket and as I switched back it took me precisely one reply to see it was a penalty, but I guess its now at the point of using VAR as an excuse any time something doesn't go your way.

Yeah, laughable that he chose to moan about var in that instance. Clear attempt to divert attention away from their dreadful defensive displays

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here