Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Pizza Express customer punches a vegan

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
I don't mind Protesters either - These are they type of people who over the decades have changed the World to allow many of us the freedoms we and many others around the world now enjoy - BUT my question is ''Why Pizza Express'' ? - Surely an Aberdeen Angus Steakhouse would be more appropriate.

And I am not advocating they go to an Aberdeen Angus next. I am a total carnivore. I eat a lot of fruit but not many loads of vegetables as I don't like that many of them. Pizza Express to me don't seem to be the worst offenders to their beliefs.

Just a curious question.

Pedant alert :

you are an omnivore
vegans are restriced diet herbivores
i doubt any human is a total carnivore

OK punch in the face is not nice, but why state the vegan is a female ? what about equality ?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I don’t have a problem with the first two sentences but the last sentence is bollocks.

Very young children would be scared with the megaphones and the confrontational approach. Too imply otherwise is completely wrong. You are effectively saying that if children are likely to be scared by this sort of behaviour then they shouldn’t be taken to pizza express or any other restaurant selling meat based products.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed, however the guy in the restaurant who struck the woman saying that and then punching one of them is unbelievable really I think I can safely say as a child I would have been more scared by someone mashing someone in the face than a few megaphones and signs.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
If you are attacked first, then defend yourself. But to me it’s not about equality or feminism it’s absolutely immoral, cowardly and hideous to hit a woman the sort of men who would do this are the kind of men who would never pick on someone their own size in the same situation but they’ll happily smack a woman.

I know someone who used to take their son who is autistic to pizza express. It was one of the few places they could take him that he could deal with. If he had been in the restaurant when this took place he would have been very very upset/disturbed.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
If you are attacked first, then defend yourself. But to me it’s not about equality or feminism it’s absolutely immoral, cowardly and hideous to hit a woman the sort of men who would do this are the kind of men who would never pick on someone their own size in the same situation but they’ll happily smack a woman.

No. He doesn't. A man punching a woman is unacceptable anywhere. Get a grip.

Why do you consider hitting a (say) 5' 8", 10st woman in the face to be any worse than hitting a 5' 8", 10st man in the face?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Trying to impose your view on others is very much lefty shite. That fella was no doubt minding his own business until that rabble interfered in his night out. I’ll leave it to you to paper over that fact

where have you been, it certainly not just the left as shown in the Brexit debate which is all about a right wing minority thrusting their narrow minded views on people.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Full on looking for confrontaton and inciting violence.

He would have been better advised to just remove the megaphone from her and destroy it so that nobody else had to be subjected to it.

Unfortunately he was a knuckle head and will be facing a charge soon enough.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Agreed, however the guy in the restaurant who struck the woman saying that and then punching one of them is unbelievable really I think I can safely say as a child I would have been more scared by someone mashing someone in the face than a few megaphones and signs.

Agreed. I have not defended the bloke in anyway. However him punching the demonstrator doesn’t somehow absolve them from blame. Cause and think both parties are ****wits and should be treated as such.

As I said before. If you are going to make a meaningful point regards veganism and wish to do it by invading a restaurant then pick a more suitable target. An Argentinian steak house for instance, or carter and miller but pizza express. ..... really. Meaningless and to be honest somewhat cowardly.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I find it mildly amusing that the strong ethical debate on this thread is more around sexual equality than eating habits.

The chivalrist gents claiming that punching a female is out of order vs the politically correct folk of "we shouldn't discriminate" view.
I can foresee a court case where a female in a mass-brawl is taking action because she wasn't punched the same as the male combatants in said brawl.
It really is a mucking fuddle ....

Agree with "why Pizza Express" - is Dig-in-the-Ribs still in Preston Street, or Aberdeen Angus Steak House - loads of better alternatives to target meat-eaters - does Pizza Express not provide vegan options on their menu perhaps?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don’t have a problem with the first two sentences but the last sentence is bollocks.

Very young children would be scared with the megaphones and the confrontational approach. Too imply otherwise is completely wrong. You are effectively saying that if children are likely to be scared by this sort of behaviour then they shouldn’t be taken to pizza express or any other restaurant selling meat based products.

The last sentence is only bollocks to you because you've interpreted it incorrectly.

I haven't said kids wouldn't be scared, it's adults that make the decision to go out with their children, and therefore you take a view of all sorts of behaviour you'll come across and react appropriately. What you don't do is take a potentially scary situation to a child and make it worse! Just tell the kids its some protestors and that they're perfectly safe. You don't jump up and turn a non-violent situation into a violent one - I mean that is really going to help the kids isn't it. Like I said, if that situation freaks you out, then goodness knows what these people would be like queuing for a train with a load of pissed up football fans with their kids.

Why Pizza Express? I have no idea, I'm not defending the protestors, I'm talking about the reaction to them.

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
Definitely should never punch a woman and punching a Vegan is nearly as bad, imagine how brittle there calcium starved bones would be ...

It is their not there... Calcium starved bones? What like this guy who ran 5 ironmans in one week? https://www.richroll.com/bio/

And no I am not offended nor vegan, just saying learn your facts before coming out with stereotypical nonsense...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I wonder what the reaction would be if a 10st bloke wandered into Terre a Terre shouting and chucking mince about, only to be confronted by Millie Tant and punched in the face.

Asking for a friend.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
It is their not there... Calcium starved bones? What like this guy who ran 5 ironmans in one week? https://www.richroll.com/bio/

And no I am not offended nor vegan, just saying learn your facts before coming out with stereotypical nonsense...

Not vegan either, but you’ve only got to look at some of the vegan bodybuilders out there, and Ironman competitors as you say, so much ignorance around people who choose a plant based diet. And talking of plant based diets, I wonder how many silverback gorillas have brittle bones....hmmm

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I wonder what the reaction would be if a 10st bloke wandered into Terre a Terre shouting and chucking mince about, only to be confronted by Millie Tant and punched in the face.

Asking for a friend.
It wouldn't happen for a start (although to be fair, the world is full of nutters) , but if it did hopefully Millie would give him a good shoeing.

:)

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
The last sentence is only bollocks to you because you've interpreted it incorrectly.

I haven't said kids wouldn't be scared, it's adults that make the decision to go out with their children, and therefore you take a view of all sorts of behaviour you'll come across and react appropriately. What you don't do is take a potentially scary situation to a child and make it worse! Just tell the kids its some protestors and that they're perfectly safe. You don't jump up and turn a non-violent situation into a violent one - I mean that is really going to help the kids isn't it. Like I said, if that situation freaks you out, then goodness knows what these people would be like queuing for a train with a load of pissed up football fans with their kids.

Why Pizza Express? I have no idea, I'm not defending the protestors, I'm talking about the reaction to them.

Two acts that would scare children.

1. Megaphones and invading a restaurant
2. Punching/fighting in a restaurant.

Neither are acceptable to a child or most adults for that matter.

The actions of BOTH are unacceptable, neither should have taken place.

Why as a parent would you have to be put into position to explain the behaviour of the demonstrators. Imagine if there had been a 5 year olds party going on at the time.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I get where the vegan lobby are coming from and I’m trying to cut as much meat out of my diet as I can.

I also understand why they feel compelled to take direct action to change behaviour.

What I don’t understand is why someone feels they have the right to resort to violence, even if their evening is being disturbed for a few minutes.

Better to talk to them. They’ll be gone soon enough.

Personally, I think the need for us all to cut meat consumption is a very real and critical argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Agree with "why Pizza Express" - is Dig-in-the-Ribs still in Preston Street, or Aberdeen Angus Steak House - loads of better alternatives to target meat-eaters - does Pizza Express not provide vegan options on their menu perhaps?

They seemed to be making a lot of noise about milk too "they are not your mother don't drink their milk" or something similar.

I would assume Pizza Express use a fair amount of cheese so maybe this is why they are in the crosshairs of DXE. It isn't all about meat!

And no Dig in the Ribs has closed now, it had become awful in the last 5-6 years.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Come on. You’re over dramatising things. A couple of people making a non-violent protest in Pizza Express is hardly The 3rd Reich. Live and let live.

You didn't see the picture of McD's then? That would have been very scary for young kids and they have clearly committed criminal damage (as the name suggests IS a criminal offence) as well as trespass that is generally a civil matter. I won't go in McD's for many reasons but I have no problems or issues with those that do.

In the picture it does look like the woman is right in ol' baldie's face and seems to have her hand on him. Clearly being provocative.

All eating establishments that are invaded by the loony vegans should call the police and say there is going to be a breach of the peace. Then the OB can't use the "civil matter" excuse and will have to attend.

I defend the right of the vegans to only eat leaves and seeds but they should respect the rights of the overwhelming majority who prefer a well balanced diet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here