Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Pizza Express customer punches a vegan

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As an aside imagine having to live with someone with a voice like that woman on the megaphone

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I've just watched that - OMG !

If I was out in a restaurant, perhaps with my kids, and those gobby do-gooders came waltzing in like that - I would feel my human rights had been invaded too ... so it "get-out" didn't work, what is the next option, police called?

I wouldn't have punched the ring leader but I might have shoved that megaphone where the sun don't shine.

Just love how they all traipse in with their evidence recorders in hand - clearly expecting their actions to create a backlash - a charge on inciting violence wouldn't go amiss here ....

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
When was the last time you ever saw these activists protest outside of a fishmongers? Didn't think so.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What an absolute moron. Your quintessential bully who'd shit his pants if someone near his size confronted him.

So what, protestors come in a restaurant. Let the restaurant deal with it, take the moment to teach your kids what protest is about and treat it as an educational experience.

Anyone scared of a megaphone and some placards, maybe stay at home and order pizza in, rather than run the risk of massively overreacting.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If I was out in a restaurant, perhaps with my kids, and those gobby do-gooders came waltzing in like that - I would feel my human rights had been invaded too ...

...shoved that megaphone where the sun don't shine. ....
Did you write sketches for the “Fast Show”...? [emoji23]

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not going to click on a Sun link so haven't seen any of this, but a generally I think ....

Vegan activists should change their methods. They have valuable points to make about the treatment of animals and environmental effects of meat consumption, but a confrontational modus operandi, is only going to drive away a much larger number of moderate vegans who would probably join in a warmer, more witty, inclusive, educational approach to campaigning. It could also likely to have the effect of making people who see themselves as culturally very different from the vegans, to eat more meat just to spite them

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So when the meat eating activists going to start "protesting" at some of Brighton's vegan restaurants?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Vegan activists should change their methods. They have valuable points to make about the treatment of animals and environmental effects of meat consumption, but a confrontational modus operandi, is only going to drive away a much larger number of moderate vegans who would probably join in a warmer, more witty, inclusive, educational approach to campaigning. It could also likely to have the effect of making people who see themselves as culturally very different from the vegans, to eat more meat just to spite them

Yep can't imagine any of the diners in that Pizza Express turning round and saying "you know what you're right, I'll eat some leaves instead". Do these restaurant invasions only happen in Brighton & Hove? Not sure I've heard of them happening elsewhere.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Why do vegans feels like they have the right to do this kind of thing? I don't condone punching vegans but this kind of thing will happen if you piss off the right people.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
When was the last time you ever saw these activists protest outside of a fishmongers? Didn't think so.

I'm looking forward to the day they try this in a Spoons.

As others have said, this approach of interrupting people's nights out is counter productive and more likely to turn people off the cause than promote it.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not going to click on a Sun link so haven't seen any of this, but a generally I think ....

Agreed. At home we've gone from being a typical 'meat and two veg' family to a diet where we're about 70% vegetarian, 20% vegan and 10% meat - and that's nearly all chicken and fish, no mammals. (Aiming to up the vegan percentage and to go as near as dammit 0% meat). We've done it gradually and by informed choice, not because someone has shouted at us through a megaphone and ordered us to change our ways. I've never been the victim of a protest like that, but I HATE being ordered about and told what to do, so if I were ever caught up in a vegan protest my immediate reaction would be to order a freezer full of steaks and veal cutlets.

Oh, and that bloke's a ****.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Trying to impose your view on others is very much lefty shite. That fella was no doubt minding his own business until that rabble interfered in his night out. I’ll leave it to you to paper over that fact
Trying to impose your views on others is fascism - not generally the preserve of the left.

You need to see the bigger picture, old boy. You may think he was "minding his own business" but that libertarian attitude isn't shared by everyone, and certainly not these protestors.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here