Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Pizza Express customer punches a vegan

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You have kids no?, it is about the only place I can safely take my four year old.

Do 4 year olds run the risk of being beaten up in other restaurants in Leeds?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Trying to impose your views on others is fascism

Come on. You’re over dramatising things. A couple of people making a non-violent protest in Pizza Express is hardly The 3rd Reich. Live and let live.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well at the end of the day they went out looking for confrontation and they found it, they've got their message out in the papers, got us talking about it, they've achieved their mission. I can see where they're coming from but vegans are usually a bit odd and I do love a nice streak.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well at the end of the day they went out looking for confrontation and they found it, they've got their message out in the papers, got us talking about it, they've achieved their mission. I can see where they're coming from but vegans are usually a bit odd and I do love a nice streak.

And you think vegans are odd?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Trying to impose your view on others is very much lefty shite. That fella was no doubt minding his own business until that rabble interfered in his night out. I’ll leave it to you to paper over that fact

Why bring politics into this conversation? Although, since you have, are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that 'right wingers' don't try and impose their views on others? FFS!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Did all the beta males with her rush to her aid?

If punching women in public is what makes men alpha males then I'm quite happy being beta, thanks.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Of course I’m not saying that they are both equally awful

Oh right. You can see how 'Trying to impose your view on others is very much lefty shite' would confuse someone...

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Pizza express is a very soft target. Used predominately by families with very young children, who would be very upset with this behaviour.

I would have thought miller and carter would be a better target or maybe one of the Argentina steak houses. If you are going to do it then do it properly. I wonder if this lot chose pizza express because they thought the chances of any grief greatly reduced as it’s more family centric.

The guy was out of order for punching the woman, however they were equally out of order for there behaviour.

If you want to be vegan, then fine but that’s your choice and not mine.

In the summer there was some graffiti on the pavement along brighton sea front which read “Veganism is a human right”, I wasn’t aware that it was illegal to be a vegan, nor that vegans are hunted down and persecuted for their beliefs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Come on. You’re over dramatising things. A couple of people making a non-violent protest in Pizza Express is hardly The 3rd Reich. Live and let live.

Surely the whole point of any protest (and especially this one) is to NOT 'live and let live'? It's 'Change, and live the way I want you to live'. If the vegans had taken your excellent and very sound advice this whole unpleasant incident could have been avoided all together.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i'm sorry , if you want to eat meat then eat it ...if you don't then have a salad......people telling other people what to eat ...?? really....?? i'm afraid although the bloke was wrong hitting her she has probably got what she deserved.....zero sympathy from me i'm afraid.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Definitely shouldn't have punched her. Massive no-no.

It's hard to express this without sounding like I'm condoning it, which I'm not, but if you're going to put yourself into situations like this ie storming a restaurant full of diners and shouting slogans, you run the risk of some knuckle-dragger taking offence and coming out swinging.

To summarise - except for the people exercising their dietary free will by enjoying a pizza and not punching a woman in the face, everyone involved in this story is a prick.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Pizza express is a very soft target. Used predominately by families with very young children, who would be very upset with this behaviour.

I would have thought miller and carter would be a better target or maybe one of the Argentina steak houses. If you are going to do it then do it properly. I wonder if this lot chose pizza express because they thought the chances of any grief greatly reduced as it’s more family centric.

The guy was out of order for punching the woman, however they were equally out of order for there behaviour.

If you want to be vegan, then fine but that’s your choice and not mine.

In the summer there was some graffiti on the pavement along brighton sea front which read “Veganism is a human right”, I wasn’t aware that it was illegal to be a vegan, nor that vegans are hunted down and persecuted for their beliefs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with this. Pizza Express is frequented by harassed parents with kids whose taste buds haven't got beyond Vegetarian Margareta pizza and Garlic bread in any case. I don't agree with doing this in the 1st place but it's very poor to pick such a soft target.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here